User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

My favorite game type is real time strategy. I've played more Starcraft and Warcraft 3 games on Battlenet than I can count. I played World of Warcraft for a while, but it just takes too much time, so I quit. When I was in college, I was really big into shooters (Quake and Unreal), but not so much anymore. Shooters have really been dumbed down (too much auto-aim).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    My favorite game type is real time strategy. I've played more Starcraft and Warcraft 3 games on Battlenet than I can count. I played World of Warcraft for a while, but it just takes too much time, so I quit. When I was in college, I was really big into shooters (Quake and Unreal), but not so much anymore. Shooters have really been dumbed down (too much auto-aim).
    Try Stalker for example, no auto-aim there. Fear is cool too.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I couldn't get into S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but maybe it's because I couldn't run it efficiently maxed out -- my computer is beginning to go out of date.

I'm a bit lukewarm about F.E.A.R., though. It's got some good aspects to it, such as atmospherics. Still, the overall graphics didn't really impress me the way Half-Life 2 did the year before.

I also like Prey. I just thought the idea was really creative. And it had some really mind-blowing imagery. And I also loved the fact it had kids getting killed -- I love it when games and movies push the limits of political correctness like that. The game also has a really awesome soundtrack.

Has anyone ever played the game SiN or SiN Episodes: Emergence? Interesting games. SiN Episodes has some of the hottest chicks in video game history!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Yes I really liked prey, it was weird though to get used to walking on the walls and ceiling, though that also created a certain tactical aspect that was interesting.

I liked Stalker because of the realistic weapon physics and the unique scenario, the graphics were very good too, some really cool effects especially towards the end of the game.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I loves the video games. It's probably easier to state the genres I don't like rather than the ones I do. Basically I don't really care for fighting games, FPS's, and Sports titles (although there are even a few exceptions to this). I pretty much like all the other types as long as the game is made well: Action/platformer, Adventure, RPG, Strategy, Tactical, Simulation, etc.... I've spent a ton of time playing MMORPG's and although I'm not playing one now that is probably my favorite genre. I also really go for any game that seems like its trying to do something novel or create a new genre like Katamari Damacy for example.

Mmm...video games.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Razor View Post
    I think we have to distinguish here between video games on a console and games on a PC. most video games are about hand-eye coordination, and demand fast reation to fast changing situations, I'd think they are more appealing to SPs and possibly NPs (I know that I dont like most console games and I dont own any console at all, while my SP friends all love those games.)

Also there arent many strategy games for consoles, and the real hardcore ones are only availabe for PC. So a PC offers more games that would appeal to an NT I think.

Personally I like grand strategy games (Like Hearts of Iron), turn based strategy and tactical games, flight simulations, auto simulations, role playing games to some extent and also FPS, but only in single player mode as my skills in those are crap. I hate playing FPS against SPs, I try to slowly and methodically get in a good position, while they are all jumping around super-fast and randomly, no chance.

Oh and I can confirm that NTJs are controller-throwers and keyboard-smashers .
    You were trying to camp, bad manners.

I'm ISTP and I hate consoles, particularly the paddle controller. No fine control at all, I prefer the mouse+keyboard interface. Twitch based FPS games are my favorite like Quake III and UT2K4. The Battlefield games are a close second, 1942 more than the 2 series which I must have wasted about $100 on even though it's the buggiest game in the history of ever . Plot based campaign FPSs like Halo/Doom3/Half-Life2 are pretty good but I'm not too fond of getting killed, losing progress and I don't like being led around and being told what to do. I only play single player games since I'm on dialup and I prefer Bots anyway.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    You were trying to camp, bad manners.

Ok, I'll admit it, I also got kicked from severall America's Army matches for "camping".

MBTI
    INTJ

Zelda <sigh> and Mortal Kombat. I like a story, and I like to smash stuff

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Video games can be an obsession if I let them be. Once I sit down I'll play for hours and hours.

I hate FPS. Never tried sports games, I know I'd hate em. Final Fantasy-esque games look incredibly boring as well, though to be fair I've never tried them.

Don't care about the story, I'll always skip cinematics and talking and other useless crap, I just want to know what I need to do so I can go do it.

Current favourites are diablo2, heroes3. Also like age of empires, warcraft3, starcraft, etc. And if I had an old super mario brothers, I'd play it every day. Literally. I love that game. Arcade games are great in general too.

I like puzzle games as well. Lemmings, whee!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I like many types of computer games.

Probably, if I had to pick, the first games I loved (and that actually drove me into the waiting arms of computerdom) were Zork and Moria and Kings Quest and Ultima. These led to slews of fantasy RPGs and adventure games and eventually MMOs. Morrowwind. SWKOTOR 1&2. Grim Fandango.

But I have played first-person shooters (like Wolfenstein, Doom, and Quake); and I have enjoyed a few good strategy games (like Civilization); and I have done dungeon hacks (Diablo 1&2 and Dungeon Siege); and I played adventure games (ALL of Tomb Raider -- 1 & 2 just captured my imagination); and I have played moral games (like Black and White); and I love the Need to Speed series (which satisfies my occasional Se-style thirst).

And I would go to the arcade a lot when younger. I played Q*bert up until the day I played for five hours straight, then had to leave for dinner with 17+ free men racked up (and then I was DONE... nothing left to conquer). And I played Gauntlet. And all the fighting games (STreet FIghter 1&2, X-Men, Marvel Superheroes, a little Mortal Kombat, Virtua Fighter, Tekken...). And Double Dragon, and Shinobi, and Golden Axe.

The one thing I have no interest ever in playing is a SPORTS game.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft