• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types and video games...

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I liek the most FPS, teh faster they are the best I can do

I also enjoy playing beat 'em ups and fast puzzle games. Beat'em ups are by far the best to play with other people.

I hate hate hate strategic games where I have to slowly build everything and ZZZZ get bored while doing it.

I hate playing storylines because they bore the shit out of me.

MY two ISFJ friends and my ISFj girlfriend and another ISTP friend like playing soccer games, arcade and competitive puzzle games. Although I have to kind of force the SJs to play now because they are starting to become a bit absorbed by their dutiful crap. Some shouting does the trick, and they end up thanking me for the good time in the end.

I also workout but that's not exactly leisure time. Although I prefer dancing to pure working out.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tales of Symphonia:
Lloyd: ENFJ or ESFP, 8w7 or 1w2
Genis: ISTJ or ISFJ,
Collette: ??FJ (probably ENFJ), 2w1
Raine: ENTJ or INTJ, 5
Sheena: ESTJ, 8
Zelos: ENFP, 7 or 9
Presea: INTP, 5
Regal: ISTJ, 1
Kratos: INTJ, 5w4
Yuan: INTP, ISTP or INTJ, 5
Martel: INFJ, 1w2 or 2w1
Mithos: INFP, 1w9
Botta: ISTJ, 6w5
Dirk: ISTJ, 6w5
Major of Iselia: ESTJ or ISTJ, 3 or 6
Magnius: ESTJ or ESFJ, 6
Kvar: INTJ, 5
Rodyle: INTP or INTJ, 5
Forcystus: INFJ, ENFJ or INFP, 1
Pronyma: ESTJ, 3w4

Kingdom Hearts:
Sora: ENFP, 7 or 9w1
Donald: ISFJ, 6
Goofy: E?F?, 2
Kairi: INFP or ISFP, 2 or 4
Riku: INTJ, 8
Leon: ISTP, 5 or 7
Yuffie: ESTP, 7
Ansem: INTP, 5

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle:
Sonic: ESFP or ESTP, 7
Tales: INFP or ISFP, 2
Knuckles: ISTJ or ISTP, 6 or 5
Eggman: ENTJ, 8
Rouge: ESTP, 7w8
Shadow: INTJ, 5w4

Samurai Warriors 1
Nobunaga Oda: INTJ, 8 or 5
Keiji Maeda: ESFP, 7w8
Magoicha Saika: ENFP, 9w1
Mitsuhide Akechi: INFJ or INFP, 1w9 1w2 or 1w9w2
Yukimura Sanada: ISTJ, ESTJ or ENFJ, 1w9
Hideyoshi Hashiba: ENTP, 1w9 9w1 or 7
Tadakatsu Honda: ISTJ, 6w7
Hanzo Hatori: ISTJ, 6w5
Kunoichi: ENFP, 7
Ina: ISTJ, 6 or 1
Kenshin Uesugi: ISTJ, 1 or 8
Masamune Date: ENTJ, 8w7
Shingen Takeda: ENTJ, 8w9
Okuni: ISFP or INFP, 7 2 or 4
Ranmaru Mori: ISFJ, 6
Oichi: ENFJ, 2w1 or 1w2
Noh: INTJ, 5w4
Goemon: ESFP or ESFJ, 7
Yoshimoto: ENFJ, 2w3
Nagamasa Azai: ENFJ, 6
Ieyasu Tokugawa: ENTJ, 6 or 8

xisnotx

Permabanned
I like sports games mostly. I've dabbled in other types of games but I'm always drawn to sports games. This started when I was 11 or 12 and we finally bought a ps2. Back then, the game to have was fifa. For the next 2-3 months my life consisted of developing a strategy good enough to beat the legendary level. It was probably one of the first times in my life where no matter how much I developed my strategy, the computer got the best of me.
I then moved on to madden where it has always been a struggle to develop sound strategies. The thing I like about sports games is that in the end the person with the best strategy wins. The whole online gaming thing just increased the need for a solid strategy. I can't describe how bad it sucks when you've been working on a strategy that seems to be going well then running into someone who can tear it apart. On the surface sports games seem easy, but I have spent days (probably months) just thinking about ways to improve my strategy for different games.

My istj brother is a controller thrower lol. I've actually seen him break into tears because of video games. My estj roommate plays starcraft regularly.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I play WoW. I also like bookworm and don't mind MarioKart.

Torai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an INFJ and I like Final Fantasy, Pokémon, Dynasty Warriors, Rock Band series, Fire Emblem, and Final Fantasy Tactics(any), Kingdom Hearts is pretty cool, too.

What I remember from Kingdom Hearts, though, is that it was pretty gay. Even the villians... They all talked about how they wanted the darkness inside of them. Freakin' sex addicts.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've been playing video games since I was around 8 years old (Atari 2600) and have never stopped playing them for any considerable length of time since. The PC became my preferred venue for gaming around 15 years ago, with my favorite genres early on being FPS (Doom, Quake, Unreal et al) and turn-based strategy (Heroes of Might & Magic, Master of Orion & Civilization games, primarily). Also mixed in a good bit of CRPGs and MMOs which for the last 8 or so years have dominated my playtime. The Diablo games, Elder Scrolls (Morrowind & Oblivion), Neverwinter Nights, SW: Knights of the Old Republic, and most recently WoW.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
World of warcraft has always been a time consumer for me. I really like the game. I recently started up again to get ready for cataclysm. Rerolled death knight from paladin, and never going to look back.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
World of warcraft has always been a time consumer for me. I really like the game. I recently started up again to get ready for cataclysm. Rerolled death knight from paladin, and never going to look back.
Which server? Several of us play on US/Earthen Ring.

jellicoe

MBTI Type
xnxp
Enneagram
I also played WOW almost from the start - but then got bored cause they made it too easy.
Favourite toon was a female dwarf priest healer - what does that say about my type (although I loved my undead tank also)
Also like arcade games.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I play way too many games for my own good. Almost exclusively on PC - turn-based strategy is my favourite following by real-time strategy/city building. I don't enjoy shooting or sports games which is 99% of the games available on our consoles. Games like super mario and N+ are really fun once in a while but eventually they just frustrate me.

I liked playing warhammer online for a year or so (similar to Wow but newer and nicer-looking). I stopped because I didn't enjoy the time required to get anywhere -you're useless if you don't have the level (time), skills (time) and items (time and more importantly, regularly and often-scheduled time). I didn't like it interfering with RL, no matter how willing I was at the time.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
The games I own are

Oblivion
Buzz
Singstar
Mirror's Edge
Both Uncharted games
Littlebigplanet
Modnation Racers
Virtua Fighter 5

And a bunch of games I downloaded.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which server? Several of us play on US/Earthen Ring.

I play on Frostmane US. That's where like 7 of the people I know IRL play. Do you guys have a guild or something?

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I play on Frostmane US. That's where like 7 of the people I know IRL play. Do you guys have a guild or something?

The typoc guild idea never really took off, although a few of us are still in it. My play schedule tends to be too erratic for most guilds so I typically just pug everything.

I need to find some RL friends who play...a good buddy and prior co-worker (also INTP) actually got me into playing the game, but he 1) quit playing and 2) moved to Iowa. :shrug:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I like FPS/shooters foremost actually, even though I'm not good at them in the competitive realm (like online CoD). I dislike MMOs. They really feel like a waste of time and a chore to play. RTS is ok, use to love Age of Empires II.

I do like RPGs, just mostly pen and paper ones. RPGs I've liked in vidya format: Icewind Dale series, Baldur's Gate series, Temple of Elemental Evil, Knights of the Old Republic, etc.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I was a kid video games was an obsession though now it is the internet!

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Strategy games, word games, occaisionally mind numbing idiot games.

I don't invest much time in any though.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, there's a trend. NFs seem to prefer fantasy-oriented games more.

I get bored with most generic games (e.g shooters; ww2, post apocalyptic etc lolo) so I guess I agree. Every fps I play pretty much needs a more indie game in between.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My favourite games as a child were StarFox64, Pokemon, Super Smash Bros. and Ecco the Dolphin... I also enjoy the Zelda series. Ookami is also one of my favourites.

dobages

MBTI Type
----
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chess,Sports games(Got hooked to PES at a certain time), Shooter(liked once, now they bore me to death. Won't play unless you force me to.). Very much enjoy role-playing games(3rd person).

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NF here, and I really, REALLY like fighting games. All the action and reflexes needed makes me excited. The idea of two guys standing against each other to find out who is the best is great.

I've never been too much into RPG games (but I couldn't escape Skyrim charms), Shooters (specially fantastic ones), Racing (as a kid I used to play Gran Turismo, not anymore) and sports (here in Brazil soccer games are absolute, and I hate soccer). As a Ne dom, games where I can explore my imagination such as GTA series, Minecraft and open-world games get my attention easily, but these games for some reason doesn't keep me for a long periods of time.

Multiplayer games, and not online multiplayer, split-screen multiplayer is extremely fun for me, being co-op or versus. God, I could never measure the amount of fun I had playing N64 Mario Party series, GoldenEye, Crash Team Racing, Def Jam FFNY etc etc

It's hard to say about adventure games, because this genre is very wide. But unless the plot is really captivating, I don't like them. Unless it's a Survival Horror adventure...