Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I like video games I tend to like the Zelda Series, Love Mario and Sonic those are for when I'm alone. But with people I like playing Mario Kart, or Smash Bros. I remember liking street fighter.

Can't say I'm good at them, and though I like them I get bored easily and never completed one.

nintendo8.com - play Nintendo 8-bit games online (no download required)

I've been playing classic NES games on their. The only downside is you can't turn off the music just to the game.
    Oh yes, I miss the days of side-scrolling platforms. Zelda was my favorite game when I was young, followed by the Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario Bros. series.

And then came Doom.

I also love the Half-Life games. Another set of games what would make a great movie adaptation if done correctly.

I used to play Roller Coaster Tycoon, and it spawned my obsession with roller coasters. But then I wanted more efficient ways of building them, so I eventually switched to No Limits Roller Coaster Simulator.

Enneagram
    1w2

Bejeweled and Tetris suit me just fine.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I'm an INFJ and I adore video games and certain computer games!

I like Final Fantasy, Gladius, Shadow of Colossus, Freedom Force, Mario Brothers, Escape from Monkey Island, Psychonauts, Ico, Ape Escape, Day of the Tentacles, Advance Wars, Kingdom Hearts, Destroy all Hiumans, Spiderman 2. I feel like I enjoy a variety of types of games.

The only thing I can't do is hard core strategy games, I like tactical but not strategy if that makes sense.

I also love using cheat codes and being all powerful- I don't have to be challenged really in games-it doesn't take away the enjoyment at all- I just like going though the story if it is good and doing the fun activities and getting to the closure,lol and enjoy being all powerful if I can while I get there,lol.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    I'm an INFJ and I adore video games and certain computer games!

I like Final Fantasy, Gladius, Shadow of Colossus, Freedom Force, Mario Brothers, Escape from Monkey Island, Psychonauts, Ico, Ape Escape, Day of the Tentacles, Advance Wars, Kingdom Hearts, Destroy all Hiumans, Spiderman 2. I feel like I enjoy a variety of types of games.

The only thing I can't do is hard core strategy games, I like tactical but not strategy if that makes sense.

I also love using cheat codes and being all powerful- I don't have to be challenged really in games-it doesn't take away the enjoyment at all- I just like going though the story if it is good and doing the fun activities and getting to the closure,lol and enjoy being all powerful if I can while I get there,lol.
    That's pretty similar to what I do. I guess we've established what kind of games we NF's usually like. I'm pretty sure that SP's like sports games. What about SJ's and NT's?

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Oh yes, I miss the days of side-scrolling platforms. Zelda was my favorite game when I was young, followed by the Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario Bros. series.

And then came Doom.

I also love the Half-Life games. Another set of games what would make a great movie adaptation if done correctly.

I used to play Roller Coaster Tycoon, and it spawned my obsession with roller coasters. But then I wanted more efficient ways of building them, so I eventually switched to No Limits Roller Coaster Simulator.
    I remember Doom. My brother and I would play against each other over the house network. I'd be on the downstairs family computer and he'd be upstairs and our dad's computer.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    That's pretty similar to what I do. I guess we've established what kind of games we NF's usually like. I'm pretty sure that SP's like sports games. What about SJ's and NT's?
    I would imagine that NTs prefer games with science fiction themes.

SJs, I'm not sure about. I would assume they are the ones who are the anti-game activists -- the Jack Thompsons. But on second thought, that is more a trait of old people than anything. I would assume an SJ's taste would be similar to the SP, or maybe strategy games like the NTs. Or maybe they have a more well-rounded taste in games.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I would imagine that NTs prefer games with science fiction themes.

SJs, I'm not sure about. I would assume they are the ones who are the anti-game activists -- the Jack Thompsons. But on second thought, that is more a trait of old people than anything. I would assume an SJ's taste would be similar to the SP, or maybe strategy games like the NTs. Or maybe they have a more well-rounded taste in games.
    I think that STJs probably prefer strategy games with a historical scenario, earlier I mentioned Hearts of Iron, which I have written a few FAQs about on another forum, and the questions I got there indicate that there is a fair number of SJs playing this game, as the questions were sometimes on very specific details, and would have to be step by step without leaving anything out, I was sometimes astonished by how specific the directions and listing of features needed to be.

So I would think that STJs would, if they play games at all, prefer strategic games with the historical flair of the period they are interested in. One ESTJ I know also likes to play sports games and such, though he is usually to busy too play video games.

Personally I would not say that I necessarily preffer a Science Fiction scenario, but I like a modern scenario with tanks and planes and such instead of a fantasy scenario, I also dont really like fantasy books.

MBTI
    INTP

I love sci-fi books, tv, movies, but not so much the games. Many are twitch games, which I usually don't play. I prefer mainly RPGs and MMOGs which tend to be fantasy based. MMOGs eat up a lot of time, so I don't play much else anymore.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Llenyd View Post
    I love sci-fi books, tv, movies, but not so much the games. Many are twitch games, which I usually don't play. I prefer mainly RPGs and MMOGs which tend to be fantasy based. MMOGs eat up a lot of time, so I don't play much else anymore.
    Yeah, but I don't really like MMOG's, because they're just a bunch of people running around building levels, with no clear path to take. Also, I find working in groups and having to worry about when other people will be online a bit frustrating. Not to mention that you usually have to pay by month to play. This is what games seem to moving towards, though, whether I like it or not.

P.S.

I just realized your avatar is a really funny way of saying "Pumpkin Pie".
    :yim_rolling_on_the_

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Yeah, but I don't really like MMOG's, because they're just a bunch of people running around building levels, with no clear path to take.
    While I do enjoy the storylines of games like the Final Fantasy series, it's also nice to be able to just go off and do your own thing without being prodded into your next move. It also depends a lot on the game. EQ was very open and had very little plot, while WoW has many quest-driven stories for you to follow.

Also, I find working in groups and having to worry about when other people will be online a bit frustrating.
    I'm single and pathetic, so it's not hard for me to set aside a few nights for raiding. I used to raid regularly, but haven't done so lately. (In fact I haven't played much at all lately. I'm trying to prod myself outside to do other things.) I also play a healing class, so I can easily get a PUG if I need to.

Not to mention that you usually have to pay by month to play.
    It's ultimately cheaper for me. $15 a month vs $50 every 2-3 months for a new game.

I just realized your avatar is a really funny way of saying "Pumpkin Pie".
    :yim_rolling_on_the_