• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

XKCD

What type is the XKCD writer?

• Total voters

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
As far as I know he just randomly decided to upload some old doodles of his, and they became popular, so he continued making them.
I invented absurd cartoon characters in high school while I was supposed to be doing assignments. Regular characters: random duck with one huge eyeball being killed in various ways; Chuck: Sadist for hire; Cross-Hair: The Badger Destructo; Kite and Doge (cat & dog into spy shit); Ubenstugulechtubl (with proper accents I'm too lazy to do right now): Cyborg constructed by the escaped SS.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
In opposition to working to the NASA.

Well, I think his contract ran out, and NASA chose not to renew because they lacked the money.

My about page mentions that I work for NASA — I’m technically a contractor working repeated contracts for them. However, they recently ran out of money to rehire me for another contract, so I’m done there for now. This isn’t really bad, because it came right as the t-shirt orders were becoming so strong that I really needed the time off to handle them. Combine that with answering the huge amount of email I get through the site, drawing the actual comics, and assorted other things, and I really don’t have the time to work a full-time job at the same time that I do this comic/store. So, for the moment I’m now a full-time webcomic artist/t-shirt designer. I don’t know how to thank you enough for all the support.

Source

I invented absurd cartoon characters in high school while I was supposed to be doing assignments. Regular characters: random duck with one huge eyeball being killed in various ways; Chuck: Sadist for hire; Cross-Hair: The Badger Destructo; Kite and Doge (cat & dog into spy shit); Ubenstugulechtubl (with proper accents I'm too lazy to do right now): Cyborg constructed by the escaped SS.

And I do that currently.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP

Step 2: Randomly decide to upload them.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Step 2: Randomly decide to upload them.

Aha. Found it. Wasn't quite so random. He was messing around with a server and uploaded them onto that.

I was going through old math/sketching graph paper notebooks and didn't want to lose some of the work in them, so I started scanning pages. I took the more comic-y ones and put them up on a server I was testing out, and got a bunch of readers when BoingBoing linked to me. I started drawing more seriously, gained a lot more readers, started selling t-shirts on the site, and am currently shipping t-shirts and drawing this comic full-time. It's immensely fun and I really appreciate y'all's support.

Source

Don't underestimate your opponents.

Indeed.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
It's the 1st time I see no debate of opposition to a choice of type.

Except jack's answer, but that gives the result even more credibility.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well I'm just not seeing how you guys are coming up with an Ne user.
You guys don't see those Ni themes?

He's clearly INFJ.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP, and I look for reasons to not type someone INTP.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I would go with either INTP or INFP.
I ended up voting for INFP but could see INTP.
The only thing is that I could see Fi in a lot of his comics..
I also say this because I have an INTJ friend who doesn't like xkcd because he considers it to be too 'emo', he does appreciate the math/science jokes though but doesn't like what he sees as the 'angsty-ish' intentions of the xkcd writer.

He uses this as evidence: xkcd - A Webcomic - Friends.

However, there are a lot of reasons why I think INTP up to the point that I almost regret my vote but it's good to oppose the pack.. :devil:

I think the 'Ni-ish' themes can be interpreted as 'Fi-ish' ones too..

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP

He's clearly INFJ.

I'm more Ni than Ne for example. Typing based on functions only is rarely effective.

But I can see INFJ as second most possible. He's definitely not INTJ.

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
Why won't anyone opt for ISTJ or ESTJ?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm more Ni than Ne for example.
Quit flattering yourself, you're nothing like Munroe.

What about more Ni than Ti? If so then you're not a P...
Typing based on functions only is rarely effective.
Correction: Typing based on functions without knowing what you're talking about is rarely effective. We have Señor Flak as evidence.

But I can see INFJ as second most possible. He's definitely not INTJ.
Finally you stop with the lies!

redacted

Easier said than done, man. If procrastination could make money, I'd own you all.

Pffffft. I will destroy you!

He's clearly INFJ.

Hm. That makes a lot of sense actually.

It's funny how I go around saying how INFJs can be Ni/Ti and still I never spot them.