User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You cant change the weather !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Being socially awkward is like peeing in the pool instead of the stream. There has to be flow.

And some people don't pee at all. That's very awkward, because they just dance around with nervous looks on their faces. Sometimes these people are extraverts.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha!!!! WHAT. THE. F*@K!!??
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    I've read that I vs. E is associated with a structure in the brainstem called the Reticular Activating System (RAS for short), which regulate how sensory information is sent to the higher brain centers. Extroverts have a more "closed" RAS that sends less sensory input upward as opposed to the more "open" RAS of introverts. An "open" RAS, I'll guess, allows greater sensory sensitivity, and thus is more discriminating and precise, but pays for it in being more easily overwhelmed. A closed RAS can deal with lots of sensory informations coming from many directions, but pays for it in sensitivity and precision.
    Interesting ... *heads off to google this*

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    ISTJs can be hard to tell. The two that I know who immediately come to mind would talk until my ears were bleeding. They wouldn't shut up!

Thing was, they were only like that when they were around people. Otherwise, they were perfectly fine with being alone, and in fact usually preferred to work alone if it was an option.
    This also describes me to the T.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Hellooooo! I'm a nonsocial-turned-socially awkward extrovert. My awkwardness comes from impatience with social norms that I deem inefficient.

Example: Let's say I'm calling someone on their cell phone. I know that they know that it's me because of caller-ID. Therefore, I bypass the "Hi Bob! This is Phoenix. How are you?" and instead just jump into why I'm calling. It looks like this:

"Hello?"
    "Hey, the office fax machine broke. Please fix it. Oh, and where are my pancakes, betch?!"
    "Yes Phoenix. I am your humble servant. It shall be done."

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Hellooooo! I'm a nonsocial-turned-socially awkward extrovert. My awkwardness comes from impatience with social norms that I deem inefficient.

Example: Let's say I'm calling someone on their cell phone. I know that they know that it's me because of caller-ID. Therefore, I bypass the "Hi Bob! This is Phoenix. How are you?" and instead just jump into why I'm calling. It looks like this:

"Hello?"
    "Hey, the office fax machine broke. Please fix it. Oh, and where are my pancakes, betch?!"
    lol you crack me up.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm starting to realize that it is the "what are all these people doing" thing running through my head that makes me feel more introverted/awkward. In engineering it was easier, there are many more quirky people so I wasn't very weird.

But at a PTA meeting with parents who are really into what clothes their kids are wearing and getting their kids into cheerleading I'm looking around like "WTF are these people for real?"

I'm also a little over the "talking to everyone as if I'm interested in them" thing when I really am not.

I'm a broken ENFP!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm broken too then elaur.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post

"Hello?"

In my country this is a social standard since no one likes formalities.