User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    I am a very socially awkward Extravert.

I suspect that ENFPs in general are socially awkward, but I guess I can only speak for myself.

I bounce around like a social butterfly, but when it comes down to it, I really don't fit in anywhere.
    aww...just read this. i have a feeling...or a hope i should say that it's just in our heads...because i've always had a lot of friends so i must not be as weird and inappropriate as i think or people wouldn't want to hang out with me right?

i tend to talk to a lot of people and say whatever comes to mind...and then afterward i think god that was weird!! they must think i'm so weird! so...that's kinda awkward i think...but it's after...not during.

is that what you're talking about? it's why i delete a lot of posts too...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

When I was younger I was extremely shy, so shy in fact that I thought I was an introvert until I was about 20. Eventually I realized that I feel much more energized when around people, while I tend to get depressed the longer I stay by myself.

My personality is very much that of a lone wolf, but I love to be around people. I used to go to the mall and walk around by myself or go to the movies by myself because I liked to be around people even if I didn't interact with them. Also I'd try to find groups that I could hang out in without having to say too much except the occasional weird or witty interjection. I wasn't really looking for any emotional connection with people when I was younger, but at the same time I had a desire to socialize.

Even today I feel myself being pulled in two different directions. The type of interests I have tend to be those where a person spends a good deal of time by themself, and yet I really want to be around people more. My E has always been in conflict with my NTP.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    I am a very socially awkward Extravert.

I suspect that ENFPs in general are socially awkward, but I guess I can only speak for myself.

I bounce around like a social butterfly, but when it comes down to it, I really don't fit in anywhere.
    Yeah I'm all over that. I think sometimes it is in our heads though. We end up analyzing things so much we can get nervous. I actually went through a very socially awkward stage when I first became a mother. (hormones?) and I just had to push myself through it.

One thing that I think can happen with NF is that we are so in tune to cues that we think everyone else is and can get bogged down with worrying that everyone is noticing every subtle clue about our demeanor.

I also think some of it is when you realize "oh everyone might not want me in their face all the time" So then you end up compensating for it.

It also is entertaining seeing introverts talk about how irritating awkward extroverts are.

The word awkward is an awkward word.

MBTI
    ENTP

I was painfully shy and awkward for most of my life up to the age of about 28, and even now the only reason I seem confident is because I'm oblivious to whether anyone's looking at me and sorta in my own world a bit, if I ever notice I'm looked at or the centre of attention I totally clam up and just wanna die. People often tell me they think I'm very confident and socially at ease but it's all just a false impression, in fact I'm incredibly insecure and I always feel like I must look a complete douche. I just kinda carry on regardless though, cos I get absorbed in the project/subject/task at hand and put it out of my mind that way.

I don't commit as many faux pas as I used to, but there are still some howlers now and again. I guess I just figure we all make mistakes and hope people will forgive me, and if they won't, then I figure they're assholes anyway so who cares what they think?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

how funny that it seems to be enxp's saying they're a lil awkward...it's got to be that overactive intuition...reading into things that aren't there half the time...or something.

i've noticed that i really don't hear what people are "saying" half the time i hear what i think they mean...doesn't work when talking to s's usually.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    ISTJs can be hard to tell. The two that I know who immediately come to mind would talk until my ears were bleeding. They wouldn't shut up!

Thing was, they were only like that when they were around people. Otherwise, they were perfectly fine with being alone, and in fact usually preferred to work alone if it was an option.

Hmm, how did he prefer to work? Alone, or in a group? That may provide a clue...
    Ahh, good point. He would prefer to work around other people.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    When I was younger I was extremely shy, so shy in fact that I thought I was an introvert until I was about 20. Eventually I realized that I feel much more energized when around people, while I tend to get depressed the longer I stay by myself.

My personality is very much that of a lone wolf, but I love to be around people. I used to go to the mall and walk around by myself or go to the movies by myself because I liked to be around people even if I didn't interact with them. Also I'd try to find groups that I could hang out in without having to say too much except the occasional weird or witty interjection. I wasn't really looking for any emotional connection with people when I was younger, but at the same time I had a desire to socialize.

Even today I feel myself being pulled in two different directions. The type of interests I have tend to be those where a person spends a good deal of time by themself, and yet I really want to be around people more. My E has always been in conflict with my NTP.
    I still wonder if you're an I.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    I used to know an ENTP who was extremely awkward (and annoying). I am pretty sure it was a mental condition causing it though (think he had mild autism, never confirmed though; just hear-say)
    Bill Gates supposedly has Asperger's Syndrome (which is what I'm assuming you mean by "Mild Autism") and he's an ENTP.

I've always though the "Extrovert = social butterfly, Introvert = quit shy guy" is a bit simplistic. IMO it's more about how one reacts to incoming sensory information in general, with extroverts trying to embrace as much sensory input as possible while introverts try to restrict the amount if incoming sensory input.

I've read that I vs. E is associated with a structure in the brainstem called the Reticular Activating System (RAS for short), which regulate how sensory information is sent to the higher brain centers. Extroverts have a more "closed" RAS that sends less sensory input upward as opposed to the more "open" RAS of introverts. An "open" RAS, I'll guess, allows greater sensory sensitivity, and thus is more discriminating and precise, but pays for it in being more easily overwhelmed. A closed RAS can deal with lots of sensory informations coming from many directions, but pays for it in sensitivity and precision.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    ISTJs can be hard to tell. The two that I know who immediately come to mind would talk until my ears were bleeding. They wouldn't shut up!

Thing was, they were only like that when they were around people. Otherwise, they were perfectly fine with being alone, and in fact usually preferred to work alone if it was an option.
    Sounds a lot like my ISFJ mom!
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    I

Yeah, as seen by many cases here, you don't have to be introverted to be socially awkward.

Introversion/extraversion is, to put it simply, how much you want to be with other people.

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    Bill Gates supposedly has Asperger's Syndrome (which is what I'm assuming you mean by "Mild Autism") and he's an ENTP.

I've always though the "Extrovert = social butterfly, Introvert = quit shy guy" is a bit simplistic. IMO it's more about how one reacts to incoming sensory information in general, with extroverts trying to embrace as much sensory input as possible while introverts try to restrict the amount if incoming sensory input.

I've read that I vs. E is associated with a structure in the brainstem called the Reticular Activating System (RAS for short), which regulate how sensory information is sent to the higher brain centers. Extroverts have a more "closed" RAS that sends less sensory input upward as opposed to the more "open" RAS of introverts. An "open" RAS, I'll guess, allows greater sensory sensitivity, and thus is more discriminating and precise, but pays for it in being more easily overwhelmed. A closed RAS can deal with lots of sensory informations coming from many directions, but pays for it in sensitivity and precision.
    That's interesting.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    What the FUCK?????

BILL GATES is an ENTP?!?!?!?!?!?!

That is NOT possible.