User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I do the latter. If I'm alone for an extended period of time I start getting a strong desire to see/hear them more.

I originally asked this question because I was trying to decide whether someone I knew was ISTJ or ESTJ. I had always guessed him as ISTJ because he is quiet, shy, and a bit awkward, but he also can't stand being alone for more than about an hour. He might be bored or just an extrovert. I dunno. I don't know enough about introversion and extroversion to tell either.
    Well, just because he's shy and quiet doesn't necessarily mean he's introverted. If he wants to be with people after being alone for a while, then he's probably an extravert.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

The problem for extroverts is that it's harder to hide your weirdness from everyone when you're social... fortunatly my odd quirks are often seen as "charming"... this just ends up making me wonder about the sanity of other people

I'd say that it's easier for an extrovert to be totally obviously socially awkward than an introvert purely because they're so much more social and make it obvious!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'd say that it's easier for an extrovert to be totally obviously socially awkward than an introvert purely because they're so much more social and make it obvious!
    Yeah, basically the longer the extravert spends with others, the more he/she will be 'revealed'.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

which is why I lurk around on the internet as opposed to hanging out with people all too often!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Banned
    MBTI
    type

You know, I can't think of any actually awkward extroverts right now. There are those who are abrasive and hated, and there are those who are idiotic and laughed at behind their backs, but they all seem confident in the moment.

MBTI
    INTP

Everyone has a little of each function. I believe I have more untapped extroversion than I am currently able to access directly. On a few occasions (specifically three) I have experienced extreme levels of confidence, extroversion, and power for no apparent reason. The power surged through my body. I felt my muscles cracking. All three occurred when I was lifting more frequently, so my muscles were already in fairly good shape. The second time, January 07, I did an hour of Kung Fu conditioning and was still able to scale a challenging incline on my bicycle like it was nothingWalter Reed Drive for those who know the S. Arlington area. When I got home I was doing flying kicks in my yard that I would not normally pull off. The other two occurrences were similar. The first time it happened I thought it was a weird reaction to alcohol/Tylenol because I was still a little drunk from the previous night and I had never before tried Tylenol.

I do believe I have a switch for this behavior. I briefly managed to jiggle that switch when I was experimenting with subliminal messages. I was never able to repeat it. I was already partially sold on subliminal messages. Ive seen enough to convince me there is something to that phenomenon. Its hard to say whether this particular outcome was a direct result of the subliminal messages tripping a switch or more to do with my hopefulness. I leave open both possibilities.

MBTI
    INTP

I think the assumption is that socially awkward people are always introverts, but I wonder is there a such thing socially awkward extroverts? If so, how might one identify them?
    A good question.

The ENFPs are more socially awkward than the ISTJs.
    Extraverted nature is not extraverted ability.
    And vice versa.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I originally asked this question because I was trying to decide whether someone I knew was ISTJ or ESTJ. I had always guessed him as ISTJ because he is quiet, shy, and a bit awkward, but he also can't stand being alone for more than about an hour. He might be bored or just an extrovert. I dunno. I don't know enough about introversion and extroversion to tell either.
    ISTJs can be hard to tell. The two that I know who immediately come to mind would talk until my ears were bleeding. They wouldn't shut up!

Thing was, they were only like that when they were around people. Otherwise, they were perfectly fine with being alone, and in fact usually preferred to work alone if it was an option.

Hmm, how did he prefer to work? Alone, or in a group? That may provide a clue...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

I am a very socially awkward Extravert.

I suspect that ENFPs in general are socially awkward, but I guess I can only speak for myself.

I bounce around like a social butterfly, but when it comes down to it, I really don't fit in anywhere.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    A good question.

The ENFPs are more socially awkward than the ISTJs.
    Extraverted nature is not extraverted ability.
    And vice versa.
    kinda true...because we can be quite inappropriate and they never are.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison