User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    Me, N, incredibly budget minded (I've even made up spreadsheets)
    Husband, S, flighty, spendy, worries about money, but can't seem to save any.
    Spreadsheets are my lifeblood, so I hear that!

Guess which one of us came from a household where things were bought on a budget and no one lived above their means and which one of us came from a household where dad held down two jobs so they could "keep up with the Jones'" - never having a spare dime to their name?
    Funny, but my parents aren't very good with money (and neither is my brother), but I'm very serious about it. I'm adopted, so genetics could play a pretty big part of this. However, having said that, it doesn't seem like certain types are uniquely better - more than they react to different environments differently. I'd probably be bad with money if my parents were the exact opposite as me - if they had been good with money, I'd probably never of taken an interest in it... and if my brother was brought up with different (responsible ) parents, he'd probably be different too.

But yah, as you say, money habits are very much related to your upbringing... and at the macro level, that includes culture and such.

MBTI
    INTJ

Well seeing as you went the other direction when it comes to gardening... this shouldn't come as a surprise

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm not good with money, but I'm still working on purging the poor people mentality about money that I was accustomed to.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ

My ESFP brother is awful with money. Spends it on everything.

I'm the person who analyzes everything before I buy it.

At the Science Museum with Elwin:

Shark tooth? That, I like.

Hmm...do I want to spend that much money.

Souveniers are always too expensive.

But I've wanted one of those teeth since Florida...

Too much to spend now.

Wait, maybe I should have gotten that.... (As I'm leaving)

Nah.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

I'm excellent with money, and somehow I'm able to find the best deals every time I go out. However, one out of three times I bring $50 bills into public, I'll lose one. I lose $20 bills once in a while too. My clumsiness is a source of stress for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    poor people mentality about money
    I have recently adopted this. I love it, and so does my mother.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm certainly not good with money, and I work in a mall, so it's torture. My strategy is never to bring money with me to work that can buy anything more than lunch, and when I DO go looking at clothes in the mall, I don't bring money, so that I can't buy anything on a whim.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Spreadsheets are my lifeblood, so I hear that!

Funny, but my parents aren't very good with money (and neither is my brother), but I'm very serious about it. I'm adopted, so genetics could play a pretty big part of this. However, having said that, it doesn't seem like certain types are uniquely better - more than they react to different environments differently. I'd probably be bad with money if my parents were the exact opposite as me - if they had been good with money, I'd probably never of taken an interest in it... and if my brother was brought up with different (responsible ) parents, he'd probably be different too.

But yah, as you say, money habits are very much related to your upbringing... and at the macro level, that includes culture and such.
    That's interesting, I relate to that...both my parents are mediocre-to-terrible with money, and I consider myself good with it. I deliberately decided at a young age that I wasn't going to make the mistakes my parents did. Can't really speculate on how I'd be if my parents were good with money though, can't really imagine it.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I don't keep a budget, and aside from my family somehow wasting money, I'm seldom tight on it. I tried to do it, once, a few months ago, but I became annoyed by the waste of time. I can maintain my balance just fine in my head, use some, pay bills (house, utilities, cards), etc, and still have some to save left over.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I don't keep a budget, and aside from my family somehow wasting money, I'm seldom tight on it. I tried to do it, once, a few months ago, but I became annoyed by the waste of time. I can maintain my balance just fine in my head, use some, pay bills (house, utilities, cards), etc, and still have some to save left over.
    This is how I do mine and it works well as long as the supprises don't come up; then again I've been getting quicker at recovering from the supprises.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    In any case, there are quite a few personality influence theories, none of which are really that great (A Keirsey view of money).
    Well, they summed up the knowledge seeker's money habits quite nicely for me. I am horrible when it comes to buyer's remorse before buying. But when I actually buy, I feel better.