• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to agonize people

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
try to live with my making my own mistakes. your character will thank you.

I don't understand what this means. I'm assuming it means something to the extent of, "Learn to let people make their own mistakes and don't stick your nose in their business", but that is, as stated, only my assumption.

Am I correct?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't understand what this means. I'm assuming it means something to the extent of, "Learn to let people make their own mistakes and don't stick your nose in their business", but that is, as stated, only my assumption.

Am I correct?

it means, "i didn't ask for your help, so assume i don't want or need it. doing so will give you more time to concentrate on the plank in your own eye."

Llenyd

MBTI Type
INTP
More for the INTP list:

Tell them, "it must be done this way and only this way." Then describe a process that takes twice as many steps as it should.

"Clean" their desk. Throw away any loose papers.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
more for the ESFJ

when they ask about a person you talk to say, "oh, it's nobody you know..."

both my dad and I got a good chuckle out of my aunt's reaction to this

and for the ESFP

younger brother: "I don't get you!"

Me: "you never have, you still don't, and you never will. stop trying"

he didn't bug me for a week

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
More for the INTP ISTP list:

Tell them, "it must be done this way and only this way." Then describe a process that takes twice as many steps as it should.
Fixed.

That's probably the easiest and most effective way to seriously piss me off.

Another one for IXTPs:

Say "agonize" when the more accurate word would be "antagonize".

heart

heart on fire
Fixed.

That's probably the easiest and most effective way to seriously piss me off.

Another one for IXTPs:

Say "agonize" when the more accurate word would be "antagonize".

images

"Your agonizer."

"No, Mr. Spock."

"Your agonizer, please."

"No, Mr. Spock! ..."

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
it means, "i didn't ask for your help, so assume i don't want or need it. doing so will give you more time to concentrate on the plank in your own eye."

The only thing I did was state a commonly-accepted social fact. At no point did I attempt to advise you on anything.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
with it all "spelled out" like that, it's not so much the realization that 'my entire being is focused' on purposely being their worst nightmare, but that just 'being me' is enough.

Exactly. I don't have to try to do anything to annoy ISTJ's. Not only is much of the world set up to continually annoy the hell out of them, but my existence is the ultimate expression of that annoyance. I think in theory an ENFP might annoy them more, but the truth is that an ENFP usually backs down or skulks away when they realize they are ticking off the ISTJ. I usually just can't let it go that easy. I've got to continue to argue the point or make fun of them or challenge their thinking or whatever. His goal is to keep the world static and orderly and my goal is basically the opposite.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, actually, there are much easier ways to agonize people that work for almost everyone.

1. Put your finger forward like you're going to poke them, and then don't. Repeat several times.

2. Repeat whatever a person says back to them.

3. Stare at them for several moments, and when they ask "What," say "Nothing," and keep staring.

4. Snap your fingers behind their head at random intervals throughout the day.

5. Randomly point at them and start laughing as through they've embarrassed themselves, and when they ask why, say "Yeah, like I'm really going to tell you..."

These things would annoy a large number of people.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Um... Don't you mean "antagonize?"

LOL he's right.

I'd like to add a big one to athenian's list:

Lick them.

However, this does not apply if I am doing the licking, since everyone's okay with being licked by niffer, of course.

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
agonize - Definitions from Dictionary.com

1. to suffer extreme pain or anguish; be in agony.
2. to put forth great effort of any kind.

3. to distress with extreme pain; torture.

v. tr.
To cause great pain or anguish to. See Synonyms at afflict.
Again, I say, don't you mean "antagonize?" I mean I can only speak for the ENFJ part, but that stuff wouldn't cause me agony. It would annoy me, but I would probably just stop conversing with you before it got that far.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Again, I say, don't you mean "antagonize?" I mean I can only speak for the ENFJ part, but that stuff wouldn't cause me agony. It would annoy me, but I would probably just stop conversing with you before it got that far.

You're an EFJ, words speak louder than actions. I'd just slightly adjust the way I present to make it sound more congenial but still carry through with a similar strategy and hence keep you in conversation to the point it would cause you agony. Much like what Meticulum did to you--very subtle indeed.

antagonize - Definitions from Dictionary.com

1. to make hostile or unfriendly; make an enemy or antagonist of: His speech antagonized many voters.

2. to act in opposition to; oppose. .

I want to do more than just make enemies with you, I want to cause you serious pain. So antagonize isnt specific enough as it covers only the first part of the mission.

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You're an EFJ, words speak louder than actions. I'd just slightly adjust the way I present to make it sound more congenial but still carry through with a similar strategy and hence keep you in conversation to the point it would cause you agony. Much like what Meticulum did to you--very subtle indeed.

antagonize - Definitions from Dictionary.com

1. to make hostile or unfriendly; make an enemy or antagonist of: His speech antagonized many voters.

2. to act in opposition to; oppose. .

I want to do more than just make enemies with you, I want to cause you serious pain. So antagonize isnt specific enough as it covers only the first part of the mission.
Well, yes but it's not really what you say, it's how you say it. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, assuming you're able to control your facial expressions and voice inflections so well that I wouldn't pick up on your sincere motives (which is something I've never witnessed in any INT that wasn't behind a computer screen), if you acted like you were just making polite conversation or were just genuinely curious, then no, nothing you mentioned in reference to the ENFJ in the OP would cause me agony. I enjoy conversing with curious people, reguardless of the subject.

O

Oberon

LOL he's right.

I'd like to add a big one to athenian's list:

Lick them.

However, this does not apply if I am doing the licking, since everyone's okay with being licked by niffer, of course.

I'd pat you on the head, say "down, girl!" and give you a cookie.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, yes but it's not really what you say, it's how you say it. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, assuming you're able to control your facial expressions and voice inflections so well that I wouldn't pick up on your sincere motives (which is something I've never witnessed in any INT that wasn't behind a computer screen), if you acted like you were just making polite conversation or were just genuinely curious, then no, nothing you mentioned in reference to the ENFJ in the OP would cause me agony. I enjoy conversing with curious people, reguardless of the subject.

I dont know..I dont know...how did Meticulum pull it off?

At first he was acting like he was interested in learning about your life, but then he shifted off to harrassing you..and you didnt leave the conversation early enough to prevent him from getting to you...

I guess at first I would want to prevent you from seeing my insincere motives, and by the time you make up your mind on continuing the discussion with me (EJs have difficulty backing out of decisions they have already made), I then will drop my mask and make it obvious to you that I have nothing better to do than annoy you..hopefully to the point of pushing you over the edge. You're right that at first you will be only a little annoyed, but if I managed to carry on with that for long enough it would be much more than that. :)

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I dont know..I dont know...how did Meticulum pull it off?

At first he was acting like he was interested in learning about your life,
Not really. You couldn't detect the acid in his tone?
but then he shifted off to harrassing you..and you didnt leave the conversation early enough to prevent him from getting to you...
I define "getting to me" as me breaking down. He didn't really come close to that. I was highly annoyed and agitated, and I wanted him to stop, but I wouldn't say he "got to me."
I guess at first I would want to prevent you from seeing my insincere motives, and by the time you make up your mind on continuing the discussion with me (EJs have difficulty backing out of decisions they have already made),
Well again, hiding insincere motives is something that I have never personally witnissed in an INT, in fact it's something that I've only witnessed in a select few. As for backing out of decisions, I really don't have that much of an issue with it if I think it's a bad one.
I then will drop my mask and make it obvious to you that I have nothing better to do than annoy you..hopefully to the point of pushing you over the edge. You're right that at first you will be only a little annoyed, but if I managed to carry on with that for long enough it would be much more than that. :)
But see that's the thing, as soon as you make it plain what you're trying to do, all I have to do is walk away. In an online community, that's harder to do. If it were in person, however, I'd probably just punch you right in the face.