User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 85

  1. #51
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    As I asked the very first time, I don't see why you devote even a small part of your energy into figuring out how to antagonize/agonize people.
    For the sake of getting a deeper understanding of how MBTI mechanisms work. It is purely theoretical and has no practical applications. I know its a turn off to your EJ mindset, but these were indeed my motives behind writing this. I am not saying go apply what I just wrote, but simply take a few moments to think about it and maybe you'll learn more about typology while you're at it.

    Let me recapitulate for you one more time. Just because I like figuring out how to agonize people, it does not mean that I recommend that you go out and apply my discovery to the real world.

    Archimedes, another INTP would make all kinds of monstrous weapons that could be utilized to guard the city that he lived in. And they were. Military once used the crane he devised to hook onto the enemy ships and flip them backwards and esoteric mirrors of all sorts to burn the oncoming fleet from nearly a mile way. But he didnt make all of those just so his city can stave off intruders, he didnt even think about any of this at all. All he thought about was making discoveries to feed his inner life.
    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    And I don't care if Brendan is Fe dominant and doesn't mind. You two are doing the same crap over and over again and it gets old. Nobody wants to watch the perpetual tease. I suggest you consummate the relationship and stop boring us.
    The difference is that we are not beakering in this one but discussing ideas. Had a reasonable person been in your shoes, he/she would not have figured that the former was the case because of this one comment that Brendan made.

    Again, I am still enjoying this because you're giving me more Ti work..keep it up..
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  2. #52
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Yeah yeah..Brendan is an Fe dominant and he doesnt seem to mind as much as you do...but thats not relevant because the exchange is between him and I..if it annoys you...you'd be best advised to stay out.

    Or in other words, I dont feel your sentiment of being annoyed because my Fe isnt strong enough to pick up on this, but on the theoretical level I understand why it would strike you as such.

    But because the exchange does not involve you directly, it is simply none of your business.
    I'm afraid you might be mistaken about that. She's a mod and that makes it her business.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  3. #53
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    For the sake of getting a deeper understanding of how MBTI mechanisms work. It is purely theoretical and has no practical applications. I know its a turn off to your EJ mindset, but these were indeed my motives behind writing this. I am not saying go apply what I just wrote, but simply take a few moments to think about it and maybe you'll learn more about typology while you're at it.

    Let me recapitulate for you one more time. Just because I like figuring out how to agonize people, it does not mean that I recommend that you go out and apply my discovery to the real world.



    The difference is that we are not beakering in this one but discussing ideas. Had a reasonable person been in your shoes, he/she would not have figured that the former was the case because of this one comment that Brendan made.

    Again, I am still enjoying this because you're giving me more Ti work..keep it up..
    I have no intentions of applying what you say to the real world because I know how to get what I want from people with playing those stupid little games you've suggested. If you get your jollies by figuring out how to get on people's nerves then you lead a very sad life.

    Yes you are viewing Fe in action so your Ti should be nice and full after this.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  4. #54
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'm afraid you might be mistaken about that. She's a mod and that makes it her business.
    How she feels about it does not have any weight. It can only be construed as her business if he can show how it violates forum policy.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  5. #55
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Why do people want to do things to purposefully piss other people off?
    I think it's called "love."

    (Love is cruel. )

    Quote Originally Posted by Llenyd View Post
    "Clean" their desk. Throw away any loose papers.
    I think I actually felt my heart seize up when you said that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Say "agonize" when the more accurate word would be "antagonize".
    That one's been ANNOYING me like mad ever since I saw the thread.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #56
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Present the off-balance ENTP sort of persona... that you'd be willing to share even the most seemingly foundationless and superficial perceptions of the world with everyone you come across just to show how clever you are...
    You should've included this in the 'how to annoy ENTP's' section - by confidently asserting that there are any such things as irrelevant things, and that their motive for sharing the things that are shot down as irrelevant, is to show how clever they are, or that this is in fact ever a motive of theirs.

    I know that one really pisses me off every time, cos to me the only reason I ever tell anyone anything is because it seems useful to me, I'm trying to be useful and help by making sure everything's accounted for. It hurts to be told I'm being arrogant or showing off.

    Keep on reminding them of how stupid they are because they cant memorize anything
    My ISTJ friend says just that to me, but it doesn't get to me, it just makes me laugh - how can someone tell a linguist that they can't memorize anything? I can write in like, 9 different alphabets while he can't seem to even figure out which vacuum cleaner to buy and has a fit and goes home instead out of the trauma and fear of buying the 'wrong one'!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  7. #57
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I have no intentions of applying what you say to the real world because I know how to get what I want from people with playing those stupid little games you've suggested. If you get your jollies by figuring out how to get on people's nerves then you lead a very sad life.

    Yes you are viewing Fe in action so your Ti should be nice and full after this.
    Oh no..please continue..tell me more about how you use your Fe to get from people what you want (I want to learn about this purely on the theoretical level, I am not interested in applying it), and moreover manage to prevent them from seeing that you're using/manipulating them by making your motives appear congenial.

    I'm very much interested in this topic and how ENFs could pull it off so well most of the time that others are still under the delusion that they are being sincere.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  8. #58
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think it's called "love."

    (Love is cruel. )
    This thing called love I just can't handle it
    this thing called love I must get round to it
    I ain't ready
    Crazy little thing called love
    This (This Thing) called love
    (Called Love)
    It cries (Like a baby)
    In a cradle all night
    It swings (Woo Woo)
    It jives (Woo Woo)
    It shakes all over like a jelly fish

    This ain't my kind of love, that's for sure.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  9. #59
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Oh no..please continue..tell me more about how you use your Fe to get from people what you want (I want to learn about this purely on the theoretical level, I am not interested in applying it), and moreover manage to prevent them from seeing that you're using/manipulating them by making your motives appear congenial.

    I'm very much interested in this topic and how ENFs could pull it off so well most of the time that others are still under the delusion that they are being sincere.
    I don't have to make my actions appear congenial because most of the time they are. If you weren't so afraid of your own emotions you'd recognize that.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  10. #60
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    You should've included this in the 'how to annoy ENTP's' section - by confidently asserting that there are any such things as irrelevant things, and that their motive for sharing the things that are shot down as irrelevant, is to show how clever they are, or that this is in fact ever a motive of theirs.

    I know that one really pisses me off every time, cos to me the only reason I ever tell anyone anything is because it seems useful to me, I'm trying to be useful and help by making sure everything's accounted for. It hurts to be told I'm being arrogant or showing off.
    I never said that most ENTPs talk out of their ass and share information just to share it. Only the neurotic ones..those who do not apply Introverted Judgment to their Intuitions and spit out whatever abstractions crossed their path...and are being informative about it because the ENP mindset, is by its nature informative. (Their dominant function is a perceiving one...perceiving functions tend to be more informative rather than directive)

    If you're Ti is working fine, you probably should be able to share knowledge that is both sound and useful to people, but not if you're neurotic.


    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    My ISTJ friend says just that to me, but it doesn't get to me, it just makes me laugh - how can someone tell a linguist that they can't memorize anything? I can write in like, 9 different alphabets while he can't seem to even figure out which vacuum cleaner to buy and has a fit and goes home instead out of the trauma and fear of buying the 'wrong one'!
    I just meant toy around with their inferior Si..I have an older ENTP friend who is in his 40s and to this day he hates how they made him memorize facts by route in school...then you've got construe their lack of S skills in a way that would undermine their confidence in their competence overall.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Similar Threads

  1. How to manipulate people via their functions.
    By Craft in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 06:21 PM
  2. How to type people?
    By cheerchick23 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 08:46 PM
  3. How to quickly type people in the real world.
    By Kleinheiko in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 04:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO