User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

Would you two cut this shit out?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

I'm enjoying this..I think Brendan is too..to a point..
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Enneagram
    1w2

Well I'm not. All you two do is cut and snipe at each other. Why don't you just have a rendezvous somewhere and tell us how it went.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post

But see that's the thing, as soon as you make it plain what you're trying to do, all I have to do is walk away. In an online community, that's harder to do. If it were in person, however, I'd probably just punch you right in the face.
    What if I dont make it plain what I am trying to do. For the most part I will act like I enjoying hearing about you and your life and subtly squeeze sardonic comments in here and there..

But wait..you're right..thats probably not going to get me very far (not much farther beyond the 'agitated/annoyed' state) to do some real damage I'd have to make my motives obvious...

**Hiding motives isnt very common among INTs, you're right about that..we tend to highly value honesty, INTPs especially--as do I.

Although for the sake of this thought experiment, I do not imagine myself as your adversary, or even an INT for that matter, more along the lines of an unhealthy ESTP who read my thread and wanted to test it out on you. I think a person like that wouldnt have too many qualms about hiding insincere motives and doing all in his power to agonize you, they usually dont do this to hurt people, but for shock value--to see how far they can push you and get away in one piece.

P.S

I used the word agonize instead of antagonize because my goal was causing agony. Indeed I'd first have to antagonize you, albeit if I were to be successful with my experiment agony would be inflicted.

You seem to be arguing that it wont happen (the experiment wont be successful), but thats a matter of how you carry it out, not unless the experimenter is skillful enough.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Well I'm not. All you two do is cut and snipe at each other. Why don't you just have a rendezvous somewhere and tell us how it went.
    Lol..I wasnt cutting at him..at least wasnt my intention..I was just running my thought experiment and Brendan was going along with it..seems like he still is...I think its 'I'd punch you in the face' comment of his that tainted the image of the situation for you...dont think he intended that as a threat but as a theoretical statement of what he may do had he been placed in a situation that I've envisaged in this thread.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Lol..I wasnt cutting at him..at least wasnt my intention..I was just running my thought experiment and Brendan was going along with it..seems like he still is...I think its 'I'd punch you in the face' comment of his that tainted the image of the situation for you...dont think he intended that as a threat but as a theoretical statement of what he may do had he been placed in a situation that I've envisaged in this thread.
    This is hardly the first time you two have gotten into it with each other. Why should I think this is any different?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    This is hardly the first time you two have gotten into it with each other. Why should I think this is any different?
    Perhaps if you had Fi you'd see the difference between this one and those of the distant past..

Or another way to think of it is that he initially went along with my thought experiment and only made one seemingly antagonistic comment..you shouldnt think that there is something spiteful by the whole exchange because of that one comment that you've perceived as mean-spirited..you ought to look at the big picture instead.

But nonetheless I enjoy discussions like this because they force me to reason through things, that means an application of pure Ti, and NTs tend to thrive in competitive environments and antagonistic conversational exchanges..most wont admit it because it has been stigmatized as immature and turns off other types because they fail to realize that there is nothing sinister about this...

ENTJ and ENTP are the most manifest cases in point for that...INTJs enjoy the activity quite a bit...all NTs do really..as I said..INTP--the least, but thats because they are more interested in working through their thoughts on their own rather than getting them out to the external world like their 3 brothers.

Enneagram
    1w2

And perhaps if you had developed Fe you'd see why it's annoying.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Yeah yeah..Brendan is an Fe dominant and he doesnt seem to mind as much as you do...but thats not relevant because the exchange is between him and I..if it annoys you...you'd be best advised to stay out.

Or in other words, I dont feel your sentiment of being annoyed because my Fe isnt strong enough to pick up on this, but on the theoretical level I understand why it would strike you as such.

But because the exchange does not involve you directly, it is simply none of your business.

Enneagram
    1w2

As I asked the very first time, I don't see why you devote even a small part of your energy into figuring out how to antagonize/agonize people.

And I don't care if Brendan is Fe dominant and doesn't mind. You two are doing the same crap over and over again and it gets old. Nobody wants to watch the perpetual tease. I suggest you consummate the relationship and stop boring us.