• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hidden Agendas and Vulnerability

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
This has probably been discussed, but oh well.

According to socionics.com, each type has a hidden agenda:

ENTp, ESTp => to be loved
INTj, INFj => to be healthy
ESFj, ESTj => to be perfect
ISFp, INFp => to understand
ENFj, ENTj => to be wealthy
ISTj, ISFj => to believe
ESFp, ENFp => to know
INTp, ISTp => to love

Type and the hidden agenda

Discussion Questions:

1. What are your thoughts towards this? Do you think it's accurate?

2. Do you feel any sort of vulnerability with a person knowing your type? Knowing your inner workings? Knowing... your hidden agenda? Is there a power in this?

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
This has probably been discussed, but oh well.

According to socionics.com, each type has a hidden agenda:

ENTp, ESTp => to be loved
INTj, INFj => to be healthy
ESFj, ESTj => to be perfect
ISFp, INFp => to understand
ISTj, ISFj => to believe
ESFp, ENFp => to know
INTp, ISTp => to love

Type and the hidden agenda

Discussion Questions:

2. Do you feel any sort of vulnerability with a person knowing your type? Knowing your inner workings? Knowing... your hidden agenda? Is there a power in this?

2. There are no vulnerabilities unless those who know your type would use that to form snap judgments that may often, depending on type, be inaccurate. People often times do not use this tool (mbti) intelligently or responsibly. If someone figures out your type, you may very well be condemned buy them (consciously or in the back of their minds) before they even really talk to you because of their past experiences with or preconceived notions on how people of your type are.

1. I can only speak for my own type but um... I think this is a GREAT generalization for all of them :/ . Personally, I like to love but being INTP sometimes gets in the way of forming deep relationships (for me, not for everyone), only behind other little issues life has thrown at me. So, it becomes a mute point much of the time... It's kinda like "I like to love, but targets of affection are rare anomalies." As such, I often carry an alternative agenda. :)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I read that schematic long ago, have pondered it, and concluded that it's irrelevant. Everyone wants everything on the list to some degree.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed with Jack (!)

Socionics seems to contain a lot of dubious connections.

See their comically irrelevant attempt at making generalizations about facial structure and other clearly hereditary physical appearances based on psychological profile/MBTI. Awesome!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Discussion Questions:

Not really, because everyone desires all those things on some level.

A small one. But I like the benefits of being able to show this to people more than I feel vulnerable because of it. Besides, I know how they would use it and could anticipate any such things. :)

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, when you say to be healthy (INTJ), i suppose that means maintaining your self interests. I sometimes do show my vulnerable side in order to gain ground or open up someone else. This helps me break down someone who is naturally defensive at first. I show you some vulnerability, you show me some vulnerability. Then, once the barriers are broken, we can do businesses on a more comfortable and less suspicious level. If that's what you mean, I guess it seems somewhat accurate.

G

garbage

Discussion Questions:

1. Consciously, I don't really acquire wealth for its own sake.. for me, it's a means to an end. But I will say that I set aside a large portion of my life becoming financially stable and worked myself into a position where I don't have to worry about money at all in my mid-20's. It gives me more power, control, and flexibility over my own life.

Short answer: it probably is accurate for me, and it's been a major driving force in my life up until very recently.. more so than others on the list.

But the list overall is pretty universal and seems.. "shadow type"-y to me in terms of trying to explain too much and too vaguely. Where did the rationale for these hidden agendas come from?

2. This whole "hidden agenda" thing is just one more trait for types that is apparently explained by their stereotypes. ENTJs are already seen as cold, heartless, ruthless, and stubborn, so I doubt that the hidden agenda would really hinder others' view of my type any more ;)

Actually, I'm so calculating that I'd use someone knowing my type to my advantage. You know, bucking the model consciously when it'd benefit me in my relationship to them :)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I read that schematic long ago, have pondered it, and concluded that it's irrelevant. Everyone wants everything on the list to some degree.

I actually agree with you. I'm not really buying this.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
P.S. Socionics.com is useless imo except for "intertype relations"