• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type has the richest inner life?

Which type do you think tends to have the richest inner life?

• Total voters

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I could only choose one, but I'd rather have chosen both of the types with dominant Ni.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted for my own type.. as I often feel like I've got this vast universe evolving constantly in my head... and few people.. (none of my friends are INFJs) seem to pick up on this, or "get it." At points in time when I try to share pieces of this inner life, certain friends or family members give me this blank look. I've also gotten responses like, "This is what you think about? God how do you always think about that much of everything.. whoa.." (from the bubbly ESFP friend of mine... she is, in many ways, the Stereotypical Ditzy Blonde.. and my polar opposite in nearly every way. We've got a sibling sort of relationship). My INTJ, INTP, & INFP friends seem to have a better understanding, but there doesn't always seem to be a full connection made. But then again... who can truly measure the internal life of another person? It's a tad too subjective for me to decide that.. I would guess, however, that those with dominating intuition have a more complex inner life in comparison to those with dominant sensing. May not necessarily be "more" or "less." Just different based on the viewer.

G

Glycerine

I voted for my own type.. as I often feel like I've got this vast universe evolving constantly in my head... and few people.. (none of my friends are INFJs) seem to pick up on this, or "get it." At points in time when I try to share pieces of this inner life, certain friends or family members give me this blank look. I've also gotten responses like, "This is what you think about? God how do you always think about that much of everything.. whoa.." (from the bubbly ESFP friend of mine... she is, in mny ways, the Stereotypical Ditzy Blonde.. and my polar opposite in nearly every way. We've got a sibling sort of relationship). My INTJ, INTP, & INFP friends seem to have a better understanding, but there doesn't always seem to be a full connection made. But then again... who can truly measure the internal life of another person? It's a tad too subjective for me to decide that.. I would guess, however, that those with dominating intuition have a more complex inner life in comparison to those with dominant sensing. May not necessarily be "more" or "less." Just different.

Right on. I drive everyone nuts because of this, haha.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Right on. I drive everyone nuts because of this, haha.

Yeah. It's disappointing when that happens, and it happens quite often. I suppose that makes it all the more satisfactory when I'm talking with someone, and I feel like they've even remotely understood me on some deeper level... usually I won't bother trying to discuss certain things with certain people if I don't think they'll understand, or if I'm lacking in the energy to try to explain it to them, walk them over to my road, as my INTP friend once put it..

G

Glycerine

Yeah. It's disappointing when that happens, and it happens quite often. I suppose that makes it all the more satisfactory when I'm talking with someone, and I feel like they've even remotely understood me on some deeper level... usually I won't bother trying to discuss certain things with certain people if I don't think they'll understand, or if I'm lacking in the energy to try to explain it to them, walk them over to my road, as my INTP friend once put it..

yeah... I totally get that. Everybody says "stop thinking so much!" That kinda makes it lonely to be an INFJ but oh well. :) It will be interesting to see how how this poll turns out. Concerning, the richest inner life, I think INFP trumps INFJ in some areas but INFJs owns INFPs in other areas. It just depends on what people's criteria of a rich inner life is.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah. Also define "rich"?

Highly subjective.

What she said.

Personally, I equate my inner life to Dante's Inferno more than I do to nirvana.... so I suppose if you like torture, you would suggest I vote for my type. Seeing as I have no way to peak into the heads of the other types mentioned... I would have to rely on functions (Ni, as a few have mentioned), but even then I can't accept that (a single piece of evidence/) a dominant function alone determines who has "the richest" inner life. So, based on what information I do know... I'm going to throw these type-based multiple choice options out, and vote other, for the schizophrenics, since their inner life uncontrollably overrides real life.

:headphne:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
... I'm going to throw these type-based multiple choice options out, and vote other, for the schizophrenics, since their inner life uncontrollably overrides real life.

:headphne:

I like the way you think. :yes:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INTJ.

I consider Si and Ti to be less "rich" than Ni and Fi in general. Yes, I think that an INTJs inner world is richer and more colorful than mine due to Fi.

Which means:

1. INTJ
2. INFJ
3. INFP
4. INTP

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Wow, I'm actually in agreement with lemons. I'm going to have to recast my vote.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the personality type that would not make these kind of threads

deleted
INTJ.

I consider Si and Ti to be less "rich" than Ni and Fi in general. Yes, I think that an INTJs inner world is richer and more colorful than mine due to Fi.

Which means:

1. INTJ
2. INFJ
3. INFP
4. INTP

Hmm yeah. Fi sure is fucking amazing :D

But I took into account Si being rich, that's why my guess is INFP. Who knows?

deleted
It really keeps a guy going when the whole world and all reason is allied furiously against him, doesn't it lemons.

Just take what I gave you. I said it is fucking amazing not perfect. But yes. That is a yes ;)

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Well I voted for my own type, but I have no idea how rich another persons inner world is since I'm not in there seeing it.

I imagine to each person they have their own rich little inner world that sustains them when needed. :shock:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know an ISFP guy, and he seems have a bit going on in his head.Actually now that I think of it I also had an ISFP work mate, who was similar in that aspect. Spontaneous laughter, that sort of stuff.
I don't think I know any INFJ IRL, although I know a lot on line. Can't really say much about their inner lives though, Rich though absolutely.
I've only known for certain one INTP, and he was too busy trying to work me out. It was kinda cute watching the cogs in his head start to turn though. He did have one hell of a mind, as for richness, maybe....not quite as colourful as mine, I should think though.