User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type do you think tends to have the richest inner life?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

13 25.49%
  • INFP

19 37.25%
  • INTJ

5 9.80%
  • INTP

7 13.73%
  • Other

7 13.73%
First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

My INFP friend could live entirely in her head.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Well, fine. I'll go to my corner and be stuck in the past.

*cries*
    Don't take it so hard. Richness isn't everything.

Si is intricate, sometimes inspirational, and it can be meaningful. But rich just isn't a word I'd choose to describe it.

Why are you so hurt that I wouldn't use that specific word to describe it?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I used to live entirely in my head when I was a kid, like I doubt anyone could. So I voted INTP.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Don't take it so hard. Richness isn't everything.

Si is intricate, sometimes inspirational, and it can be meaningful. But rich just isn't a word I'd choose to describe it.

Why are you so hurt that I wouldn't use that specific word to describe it?
    I just automatically took it as one I being more intriguing than the other based on their inner life.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I voted INFP because they have the greatest ability to live in a pretend world of their own making.
    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    My INFP friend could live entirely in her head.
    What... on EARTH, does that have to do with the quality of "richness"? You're talking about a person's ability (if you can call it that?) to live in their head. Which I really don't see having much to do with INFP anyway. That association is so arbitrary.

Glycerine

Athenian how do you think Fi/Si would look w/o the Ne? Were the introverted functions your criteria for choosing?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I just automatically took it as one I being more intriguing than the other based on their inner life.
    Oh! I see.

To me, intriguing is a different quality than richness. If you were to ask me which type had the most intriguing inner life, I'd say all IxxPs. Because Ti and Fi are intriguing. Si and Ni aren't.

Intriguing isn't a word I'd use to describe myself.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    Athenian how do you think Fi/Si would look w/o the Ne? Were the introverted functions your criteria for choosing?
    Yes, they were.

Ne barely seems like anything at all to me in INxPs, so I'll just tell you what I think they look like.

They're very sensitive to arguments about meaning that they hear, and they internalize these as a rule, and slowly pile more and more of their own experiences onto these same old principles they adopted early on. This isn't rich, because it doesn't produce anything. It's just internalizing principles and caking experiences onto them over time. And occasionally, trying to reconcile principles that conflict.

This is intriguing, but it isn't rich.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Yes, they were.

Ne barely seems like anything at all to me in INxPs, so I'll just tell you what I think they look like.

They're very sensitive to arguments about meaning that they hear, and they internalize these as a rule, and slowly pile more and more of their own experiences onto these same old principles they adopted early on. This isn't rich, because it doesn't produce anything. It's just internalizing principles and caking experiences onto them over time. And occasionally, trying to reconcile principles that conflict.

This is intriguing, but it isn't rich.
    What do you think it means to be rich, then? And what does it have to do with producing anything?

Rich: abounding in desirable elements or qualities
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I've imagined whole entire worlds right down to countries, people, types of animals, foods, languages, geography etc (I've even written some of it down, as well as drawn a few pictures). Sometimes they feel more real to me than RL. Living entirely in my head, yeah I could do it, but unfortunately I have to pay the bills, and live some sort of a passable life - I gotta stop stereotyping myself, sorry on with my point, On the other hand, I can knock out some pretty decent theories on pet subjects,or pondering the significance of people interaction. That's if I'm not reading, or watching a fav movie or interesting doco - I don't watch T.V. waste of time.
    Seriously, what does everyone else think about? doesn't everyone else do that? Do people actually walk around, not thinking. For real?
    By the way, I'm not staking a claim for INFP's having the richest inner life. I voted other. I'm genuinely curious, what do other people think about?
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]