User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    And although I am very exploratory and curious, I know that I tend to also want to stick with what I know in regards to food and places and other sensory-based things, rather than try something new that I might not like and thus create an "imperfect evening" rather than the best meal or outing that COULD have been had.
    I seem to be a bit off from the "standard" INTP in that regard, as I do like trying new foods. It's situational though. When I'm out for a leisurely dinner, I enjoy trying out a new restaurant or a new dish if I've been to that restaurant. But when I take a lunch break at work, I tend to go to the same restaurants and order the same things at those restaurants. It's like I'm on automatic mode, where you get in your car and find yourself at work without remembering driving there.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    This is very strange indeed. I often like to listen to the same music, do things in rituals, and dislike changes. But INFJ's are supposed to be more Se, which I'm not. Also, on various function tests, My Si comes out very strong, and my Se is my weakest function.
    Often times a types fourth function will be the least used.

I would say that a true INFJ would have more Si, because the shadow of Ni is bigger than even Se. As an INTP, I test with Fe as my weakest function, Even the shadow of Fe, Te, is bigger than the Fe. I would totally agree that my Fe is quite absent.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbourn3 View Post
    ImNot are you using the term "dominance" very loosely, as in a type that is "dominant" w/in a functional regard be more likely to prefer or to have strength in the respect functions rather than actually have them as their dominant, because other than the first two types of both those lists none of those other types are by MBTI standards dominant? It makes sense otherwise I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page?
    What I mean by dominance is more Si than Se or more Se than Si, but I guess some people probably have a pretty good balance going.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Se is the INFJ's inferior. So it is usually the weakness, INFJ's focus heavily on Ni and Se can both attract and frighten them.

If an introvert grows up in a heavily oppressive environment (fear of others, fear of parents, inability to be oneself, etc.), I think it's very possible for the introverted functions to get more practice. If the person is always forced (out of anxiety or survival or desire) to internalize everything, Si is going to replace Se as the primary Sensing way of experiencing the world.

(It's rather like you are taking little souvenirs of everything that happens or that you see and locking them up tight inside your memory case, then retreating inside all the time to take them out of the case and play with them and figure out the world based on them.)

Regarding PM's comments, Si is a fairly solid part of many INTPs. It can also just be pure introversion, but INTPs do have an Si sense. (See the long INTP profile accessible from the main page header of INTPc for many many details.)

And although I am very exploratory and curious, I know that I tend to also want to stick with what I know in regards to food and places and other sensory-based things, rather than try something new that I might not like and thus create an "imperfect evening" rather than the best meal or outing that COULD have been had.
    I usually collect a few places and go to them and order the exact same thing. Sometimes I switch between two options.