User Tag List

First 456

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Ne misunderstood

It strikes my as annoying that people misunderstand my Ne-type sarcasm, parody, acting, unannounced stand-up comedy and dead-pan humor as something real. S-types are by far the most guilty of such misunderstanding. Their whole body seems to communicate "WTF? and take my communication at face value and regard it as inappropriate.

The clue to opening such humor would be to realize that my expressions are grossly out of line with my previous statements. Judging that would need the appropriate skill on receivers part, too. Some improvised dead-pan comedy opens up with T functions, some wild (and faked) political views are recognized as farce by using the F functions.

I do tend to over-estimate how much people can look past the obvious.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    It strikes my as annoying that people misunderstand my Ne-type sarcasm, parody, acting, unannounced stand-up comedy and dead-pan humor as something real. S-types are by far the most guilty of such misunderstanding. Their whole body seems to communicate "WTF? and take my communication at face value and regard it as inappropriate.

The clue to opening such humor would be to realize that my expressions are grossly out of line with my previous statements. Judging that would need the appropriate skill on receivers part, too. Some improvised dead-pan comedy opens up with T functions, some wild (and faked) political views are recognized as farce by using the F functions.

I do tend to over-estimate how much people can look past the obvious.
    Yeah, I hate that about a lot of Ss, too. It's frustrating when you make a really off the wall remark and then they agree with you, because then you only have two choices:

1. correct them, leaving them feeling like an idiot
    2. don't correct them, leaving you feeling like an idiot
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume