User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Is this because you cannot control what you wish to though or because you've got too much time on your hands?

It seems like instead of organising people and things (extraverted) you're organising yourself which I'd say is quite introverted.
    i was on month long winter break and did most of the heavy reading in a one week period on the beach (vacation)...so yes, i had way too much time on my hands . I would also say that i cant yet control what i wish to control... they only let you be in charge of so much when you're this young. If you saw me planning, scheming organizing for my job this summer (ill be runnin shit! ) my extroverted'ness would be more obvious.

it could also be better described by enneagram. type 8's move towards 5 when they are in a rut and trying to think things through...

MBTI
    INTJ

If we display the capacity to operate in this "shadow" mode then what is confusing about operating contrary to one's type more often? This particular subject was spoilt from day 1 and lacked a father figure. All she knows is that tantrums will get her way in the end so that is all she does.

It would be more contrary to do otherwise in my opinion (from the standpoint of evolution of behaviour).

It was a further evaluation having previously analysed her type whilst she was relaxed and in a good mood. The additional information was fed to him by myself and that was his prognosis. I'm simply extrapolating as he evades doing so himself.
    I don't know. I guess I have nothing else to say.

Me thinks he should have put the weed down for a little longer before writing that...
    I burst out laughing on that one!

Err... she is Fe. Sure she has Fi times but by and large she appears to prefer Fe.. hence she's an FJ (or the other way around if you prefer).
    Right. I got my directions mixed up.
    I don't know how a person can appear to be Fe and also appear to be entirely selfish. I shall have to evaluate her for myself.

'Strive for' does not equal 'move toward'.

Uh. Yes. It does.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

What type is most prone to unresolved feelings?

ENTJ? With F turned inward and a direct approach would that lead to feeling things but keeping them all locked up?

INTP? Externalised F leading to feelings which need expressing or resolving but lacking the extraverted nature to DO something about them?
    I'd think ENTJ out of the two, actually. I have a feeling the inferior Fe would result in expression of such feelings in a negative way, which would resolve them... although probably not in a good way. Inferior Fi would mean that they just keep building, and that they couldn't really come out. Although ESTJ seems like they might have it worse.
    I'm probably on the money here but an EJ should be the paragon of J and an EP the paragon of P, right?

I mean to others the primary function is more obvious and "underlined" is it not?
    I would agree completely. I would say that Introverts tend to have a more "diluted" J/P tendency because the function they show isn't the same as their internal nature, yet it's still the same form of perception an extraverted version of the type uses. So Introverts resemble their Extraverted counterpart in many ways, yet are very different in their primary nature.
    A good way of recognising types...

EJ will be prone to leaving people with no illusion as to either what they think or how they feel about something. Possibly with a notable "ghost image" of either not feeling the need to resolve the opposite so an ETJ would not feel it necessary to resolve their feelings and an EFJ not feel it necessary to gain closure on their thoughts.
    I think this makes sense, too. Although Es are probably more open about that in general, I think an EJ would be more blunt and unwilling to obscure.
    --------------------
    Just looking for a little feedback here. I'm working on structuring some basic guidelines on types so that a more simplistic map can be drawn for how to begin typing people via observation rather than the more prevalent testing methods.
    That's a good idea. I'll be waiting to see what you come up with. It looks like everyone is extending the theory in their own way now. Creativity is coming into play. Very good.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    i was on month long winter break and did most of the heavy reading in a one week period on the beach (vacation)...so yes, i had way too much time on my hands . I would also say that i cant yet control what i wish to control... they only let you be in charge of so much when you're this young. If you saw me planning, scheming organizing for my job this summer (ill be runnin shit! ) my extroverted'ness would be more obvious.

it could also be better described by enneagram. type 8's move towards 5 when they are in a rut and trying to think things through...
    Too many ESTJs? I'd love to see the degree of ENTJ smackdown laid upon some of the systems over there. You must be positively itching to change just a few things...
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Right. I got my directions mixed up.
    I don't know how a person can appear to be Fe and also appear to be entirely selfish. I shall have to evaluate her for myself.
    Imagine an ENFJ on a crusade for their own rights... they can often stray into selfish behaviour especially if they don't require positive feedback.
    Uh. Yes. It does.
    No.. it implies they are making progress but is only actually making progress if they are striving in the right "direction".

I'd have thought an INTJ would understand this

MBTI
    INTJ

Imagine an ENFJ on a crusade for their own rights... they can often stray into selfish behaviour especially if they don't require positive feedback.
    So perhaps she is actually an ENFJ.
    No.. it implies they are making progress but is only actually making progress if they are striving in the right "direction".

I'd have thought an INTJ would understand this

The "striving for" in this case is an unconscious biological action and therefore cannot go in the "wrong" direction.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    So perhaps she is actually an ENFJ.
    Nope. That's her other half. She's far too introverted and can't see the pattern for the tartan paint most days.

She's prone to the "right now" syndrome of a sensor more so than the lost in a mire of information. Oh and having tried to follow her clues in roleplay... definitely an S. What she considers as simple is often reliant on many contextual pieces of information which she never gave. It's totally specific to her construct to and lacks any kind of real parallel.
    The "striving for" in this case is an unconscious biological action and therefore cannot go in the "wrong" direction.
    Evolutionary dead ends.

I rest my case.

(Just admit it... you've been pwnd. )
    How to wind up an INTJ 101

MBTI
    INTJ

Nope. That's her other half. She's far too introverted and can't see the pattern for the tartan paint most days.

She's prone to the "right now" syndrome of a sensor more so than the lost in a mire of information. Oh and having tried to follow her clues in roleplay... definitely an S. What she considers as simple is often reliant on many contextual pieces of information which she never gave. It's totally specific to her construct to and lacks any kind of real parallel.

Evolutionary dead ends.

I rest my case.

(Just admit it... you've been pwnd. )
    How to wind up an INTJ 101
    Since I don't believe in evolution, I guess that makes you right.
    I admit it. You win.

PS: Yes. I am messing with your mind.
    (but I still admit you're right)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Theory X+5^

All types require their opposite environment in balance with their preferred environment to be happy.

INTPs require structure, INTJs require inefficiency... perhaps it has something to do with a safety net (in which case the INTJ example is wrong but I really only did theorise this from the INTP side... I'm assuming it works for others based only on intuition) to support those faculties where the person is weakest? Perhaps it has more to do with having something to do, after all what is an INTP with no system to apply themselves to?

I know I'm a great fan of balance in all things anyway but I think that this is larger than just my wants... I think it could be true across the board... Thoughts anyone?

MBTI
    INTJ

Your theory is too inefficient and too unstructured for me to comment on.

No, I'm serious. Really.