User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    infp

Default Typing women as F and men as T?

I had one of those moments the other day that made me realise I was maybe secretly kind of sexist (which I don't mean to be lol).

I had roughly typed a sister of mine as an ESFP, turns out she is an ESTP, so I wasn't far off the mark.

But it made me realise I was typing females as F whereas I was more willing to apply the T to a male.

The only time I would give a T to a woman was where she was blatanly colder than what I was used to, and my sister isn't. But now that I have typed her correctly I can clearly see the T in her and I am surprised I gave her an F.

Anyway has anyone ever found that they are quicker to roughly type a female as an F, or is it just me?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

deleted

There's a 66 percent chance that a 30-year-old woman will marry if she has a college degree or less, and there's like a 66 percent chance that a female is an F?

I'd say any married 30-year-old woman with a college degree or less is probably an F. The numbers prove it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Meh. So you think the numbers are right... and that they overlap so completely too?

Frankly, in most cultures, the maternal instincts of women (coupled with the lack of them in men) leads to development of tighter-knit and more observable relationships among the women, whereas the men have a natural bent towards looser connection and express it more impersonally.

It's pretty easy to mistake the female cultural mindset for "F" and the male cultural mindset for "T". Even F guys can commonly show masculinized behaviors normally stereotyped as T, but if you know them at all, then you realize they're value-driven and not T's at all.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Yeah this is a huge problem when typing.... as I tend to do the same

But just to add even more complexity to the situation, get this: I had orignally typed my gay INTJ friend as like ENFP or INFP, because he's pretty chatty and has tons of friends (mostly women). So I also think there's a tendancy to type male homosexuals as F, and perhaps female homosexuals as T

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Well, I hesitate to disagree with lemons, but I do, regardless.

Anyway, yeah, if it's not obvious, I work under the assumption that males are T and females are F until more data is introduced.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah, the "gay" factor confounds the issue as well.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Anyway, yeah, if it's not obvious, I work under the assumption that males are T and females are F until more data is introduced.
    It is a bit like sizing up Jack here. I work under the assumption that he is completely nuts until any simple sign of logic is shown by his efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Yeah this is a huge problem when typing.... as I tend to do the same

But just to add even more complexity to the situation, get this: I had orignally typed my gay INTJ friend as like ENFP or INFP, because he's pretty chatty and has tons of friends (mostly women). So I also think there's a tendancy to type male homosexuals as F, and perhaps female homosexuals as T
    Hmm... I always thought homosexuality lied dormant in the ISTJ not the N.

MBTI
    infp

Well thank fugly for that, I am glad I'm not the only one out there lol.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    It is a bit like sizing up Jack here. I work under the assumption that he is completely nuts until any simple sign of logic is shown by his efforts.
    You can't see it? I'll just work under the assumption that you're either blind, or are on life support due to brain malfunction. At least they let you use the net, aye?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    and there's like a 66 percent chance that a female is an F?
    Yeah, I'm sure that figure is accurate.

There are cultural expectations for females to be more 'F' and males 'T', so the bias makes sense.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ