User Tag List

First 12345 Last

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    I am actually, how did you pick that up from my post? lol

I was thrilled to find out she was an ESTP, honestly. It was good to know that at least one of my siblings is not going to be all wishy washy with me when I want a direct answer.
    Simply put, it's a rarity. A female T has to be celebrated.

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    I can tell when a women is a T, ok so normally they will seem somewhat F (at least more than a T man) because they are women, but when you get to know them even a little, it is totally obvious.
    As far as men go, well, I think F men that can at all help it, in our society try to hide at least some of the F in them. So it can be hard to tell, but same goes for them, if you just get to know them a bit, it gets obvious too.

I am so F! and I hate that sometimes, cause then people think I am a sterotypical emotional women etc, etc, which I'm totally not! I have a lot of "masculine" type traits about me, it's just the way I am.. but they see F, and they're just like,
    so typical tsk tsk...
    People can be so ignorant.. because of stereotypes...
    I seriously know a strong F preference female who acts masculine and she knows she does, but generally around guys. She's critical around them. Surprisingly enough she is an ISFJ.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    She's critical around them. Surprisingly enough she is an ISFJ.
    Well.. not too surprising

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    I'd say any married 30-year-old woman with a college degree or less is probably an F. The numbers prove it.
    About 70% of females test F. Fs are only slightly more likely to get married, IRC. Ts are slightly more likely to get a degree. Either way, it'll work out to about 70%. The additional information decreases your estimation by including unassociated information.

I also assume women are Fs, or more correctly, since I don't agree with the binary distribution, are shifted towards F sub-traits (in unequal proportion). You work with the information you have, and adjust it with new information. Hard to do that when the world is black/white F/T, though.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Fs are only slightly more likely to get married, IRC. Ts are slightly more likely to get a degree. .
    haha i wont do either.
    anyway, i assume women are F's too. hey, the numbers are there. majority are F's unless i witness otherwise. then again, i assume most men are F's too. especially when they get shocked & cant handle my demeanor. :rolleyes2:
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Actually F v T isnt going to affect wishy washiness. Go talk to an ESFJ you want to find out.
    I find ESFJ's still have a degree of not wanting to offend though. Sometimes they say something that is blunt, but compared to my sister it is still way off.

If I ask my ESFJ friend if I look fat for instance, I know she will not be honest, she may be more honest than my INFP friend, but nowhere near as honest as the ESTP sister.

ESTP sister doesn't care about social rules.

ESFJ friend does care about them.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't find female Ts too difficult to point out as long as I am able to be around them a bit. But maybe that's because I am one. There are some female T's who are very direct to the point of bluntness (but I've met Fs this way too, just in a different manner...), and there are others who seem extremely inviting and friendly, but there is a difference in the "vibe" of how this friendliness is expressed. I probably seem pretty genial to people and I'm more tactful than blunt, but there's a limit on that. I can't do hugging displays. I can't give people advice without becoming a problem-solver (i.e. I can't say "Oh honey, I understand, consoling words consoling words." - I start to sound disingenous). I find it difficult to talk about my "values" in a lot of situations. If you were to put it in terms of functions - I have pretty high Fe, but not THAT high, and my Fi-ness is pretty low. However at first glance I could see someone thinking I'm an F. But that's just because I like to be friendly to draw people in and get to know them, and because I don't like provoking backlash through bluntness because I don't like giving reasons for people get emotional.

The friendliness and tactfulness might look F, but I personally use this like a barrier to keep me AWAY from excessive negative emotion (coming from myself or other people).

So yeah, you sort of have to spend time with a person and not take the few "obvious" cues (like bluntness or tact, for example) as a direct indication of F or T. Their reason for acting this way may not always be the most obvious one.
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

SJ here... announcing that everybody is happy happy assuming that most females are F's and most males are T's so lets just keep doing that, alright?

Carry on.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    haha i wont do either.
    anyway, i assume women are F's too. hey, the numbers are there. majority are F's unless i witness otherwise. then again, i assume most men are F's too. especially when they get shocked & cant handle my demeanor. :rolleyes2:
    Heh, I think it's safe to say that any T can say that most people are more F than them That is normally what people mean, really. Which is funny, because I'm less T than most males Somewhere around the 40-50% of the population.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Well.. not too surprising
    Aha. Never too surprising when it comes to the SJ.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

"college degree or less"

What is more?