• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types gone bad

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Not to be negative but I need some feedback. What are your experiences with certain types when they present (immature/underdeveloped) or when they've "gone bad" I'm interested in any types but particularly NF's. Thanks in advance for all your brilliant and insightful responses. :)

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Watch the character of AJ in the last three seasons of the Sopranos for what is pretty much the perfect example of an underdeveloped, obnoxious INFP.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENFP: extreme paranoia to the point of hurting others physically, emotionally and legally (even if they didn't mean too, after their episode was over) I found this odd, (because normally they're the opposite of paranoid, they are typically some of the most optomistic folks I tend to meet).

ex: Hitler, Jim Jones, Manson, David Koresh, most cult Leaders.

ENTJ: Hyperaggresive, they're always right attitude, inablity to see or admit their own weaknesses. Sadistic pleasure in berating others. This can also go over to sadistic tendencies in bed.

ex: Probably Hitler's best generals and advisors that actually pulled off his crazy schemes

ESFP: fake compulsive liars who actually does like people but are so selfish and unaware of how their actions effect others, they end up fucking over people anyways (even if that wasn't their intent).

ex: the most annoying bratty, superficial child one can imagine.

The above are the only examples that I've personally known in life (and only the ones gone bad, I know ESFPs who are bright and who's company I enjoy).

I'm very interested to hear others' personal experiences of types gone bad, not just had bad form in that particular intance, but completely off their rocker, gone bad. There are a lot others, I'm 90% I'm right on, that are famous or historical characters but I don't know them personally, so I'll refrain, for this thread.

I know any type can go bad, but the only one I have trouble imagining is the INFJ. I could see them killing themselves, but not hurting others. When I think of go bad, I take it as first and foremost fucking over other people. They probably do exist, but that is the only, I can't picture.

Quenk has a book about what specific types will do when they are stressed but that's different, since normal healthy individuals can exhibit those traits. I took "gone bad", to mean bordeline sociapathic/schizoid/fill in the blank, need to call in a pyschiatrist for serious help, gone bad.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Finally, someone who sees the Fuehrer as an NF. I said ENFJ, myself; he was reportedly very rigid when it came to schedules. But the concrete nature of his artwork was only part of the whole picture. He also envisioned the Volkswagen and the Autobahn!

DaVinci was an ENTP, and his artwork was quite concrete, as well.

Chimp, I'm guessing you typed Josef Goebbels, Amon Goeth, Josef Mengele, and Heinrich Himmler as ENTJ?

Underdeveloped SPs probably engage in sexual intercourse a bit too much and are way to hedonistic.

Underdeveloped SJs are either dogmatic about religious beliefs or trust what the media tells them.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Finally, someone who sees the Fuehrer as an NF. I said ENFJ, myself; he was reportedly very rigid when it came to schedules. But the concrete nature of his artwork was only part of the whole picture. He also envisioned the Volkswagen and the Autobahn!

DaVinci was an ENTP, and his artwork was quite concrete, as well.

Chimp, I'm guessing you typed Josef Goebbels, Amon Goeth, Josef Mengele, and Heinrich Himmler as ENTJ?

I don't know enough about those specific Nazis to feel comfortable typing them. I was sort of making a joke about the ENTJ advisors, I was intending to imply, as brilliant as Hilter was - he also needed VERY COMPETENT help (especially being a meglomaniacal, paranoid, meth-head). And the first thought that came to my mind was a Nazi ENTJ. In reality, there must have been a wide assortment (MBTI wise) of advisors to pull this off. The reason it wasn't a complete joke, is that I could see ENTJs wanting to be Hitler more than anyone else. But ENTJs aren't as good at persuading the masses typically in my opinion, which makes them less effective demagogues. The reason I thought Hitler wasn't an ENFJ is posted below (took this from my post on another forum)

I would say ENFP (with an outside chance of INFP). He was known to be very derelict in his duties, disappearing to his villa and basically flaking out a lot of the time when his staff was trying to contact him to make decisions. I can't imagine an INFJ being a demagogue in the way hitler was. Paranoia tends to be an ENFP coping mechanism when they are highly stressed which also supports my thesis.

He would also swing from energetic, gregarious and charming to irrational outbursts of temper which doesn't sound very INFJ or even ENFJ to me. Those types tend to be in fairly consistent moods. He was not the careful planner type, his suboridnates were very aware of his lack of attention to detail and his inconsistency in thought or action.

From a book review on amazon, "Payne's account is particularly strong in following Hitler's Vienna period, when he ended up as a homeless vagabond. He eventually spent several years in a men's shelter where he earned a living painting postcards and spent time entertaining his companions with his occasional ranting outbursts."

J's usually have their shit together enough, not to be a homeless beggar with delusions of grandeur of their artisitic talent. ENFPs and INFPs on the other hand.....

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, it's speculated that the Nazi regime was a very Ni culture. I forgot the where the article was, but it said that the Nazi party leaned distinctly to INTJ.

That's right, it was the topic about why INTJs on these forums have German/WWII avatars. (Naturally, I was one of the exceptions...)

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm very interested to hear others' personal experiences of types gone bad, not just had bad form in that particular intance, but completely off their rocker, gone bad. There are a lot others, I'm 90% I'm right on, that are famous or historical characters but I don't know them personally, so I'll refrain, for this thread.

I know any type can go bad, but the only one I have trouble imagining is the INFJ. I could see them killing themselves, but not hurting others. When I think of go bad, I take it as first and foremost fucking over other people. They probably do exist, but that is the only, I can't picture.

Quenk has a book about what specific types will do when they are stressed but that's different, since normal healthy individuals can exhibit those traits. I took "gone bad", to mean bordeline sociapathic/schizoid/fill in the blank, need to call in a pyschiatrist for serious help, gone bad

You know Meanlittlechip I think I'm talking both...

"bad form in a particular intance, but completely off their rocker, gone bad."

Thanks for the feedback so far. What a great start...more please! :)

girlnamedbless

MBTI Type
ESFJ
ENFJs: like attention almost to the point where it's sickening, are good at manipulating others, somewhat bossy
NPs: vague, hard to understand, and whenever they want to say something it takes them a million times to get straight to the point.
SJs: inflexible, want to be in control, get angry at little things

heart

heart on fire
Watch the character of AJ in the last three seasons of the Sopranos for what is pretty much the perfect example of an underdeveloped, obnoxious INFP.

That would require watching The Sopranos. Ugh.

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Not to be negative but I need some feedback. What are your experiences with certain types when they present (immature/underdeveloped) or when they've "gone bad" I'm interested in any types but particularly NF's. Thanks in advance for all your brilliant and insightful responses. :)

Enraged INFJ's are cruelly violent.
Enraged ENFJ's are violently cruel.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And when you get INFJ vs. ENFJ....holy shit. And they use weapons too. Especially soft drinks.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That would require watching The Sopranos. Ugh.

Don't be the kind of person who offhandedly dismisses a pop-culture phenomenon equally beloved by fans and critics without offering so much as an explanation as to what you have against it. It's unbecoming.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Fs as a whole when gone bad, in the temper sense, tend to undermine people and become vicious not in attacking people's strengths but their weaknesses. I think the pattern goes that a T tries to undermine your strengths and an F will aim more for your weak spots (due to being able to see them easier and in more clarity) and will bring down the whole house of cards.

Ns try desperately to piece together patterns which support their fritzing N, which often makes links which no one in their right mind would (most call these "assumptions" but that's over simplifying a little) make.

I've found NFs to show strong ST qualities when underdeveloped or enraged. They are here and now and see no consequences. They become more and more blind to what effect they have on others (a quality most often associated with STs) and have, to me at least, appeared to be completely without vision and diplomacy.

Of course the other facet is the "I'm going to do this and you can go f yourself if you don't agree" but that's more NFJ, I think.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Based on living with one for 7 years I'd say ISTJs wont see reason when they're enraged. They think you're attacking them when you argue a point. They can also go on and on and on, thinking if they can just explain it to you someother way you'll understand them and agree with them... Oh, and if you want to see an ISTJ get upset you tell them "You're doing it wrong"

I (INTJ) keep things inside until it all comes out. Sometimes I know I'm close to overreacting and it's like I'm watching myself go through with it; I think "oh no, this is going to be ugly, whatever you do, don't say x or y or z". or "I wonder what he'd do if I took this glass and threw it at him". I tend to stay very quiet and very rigid because I know if I don't, I might do something Really Bad. I used to scream and stomp and throw things, now I just make myself leave. "Get out and get away and calm down".

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Based on living with one for 7 years I'd say ISTJs wont see reason when they're enraged. They think you're attacking them when you argue a point. They can also go on and on and on, thinking if they can just explain it to you someother way you'll understand them and agree with them... Oh, and if you want to see an ISTJ get upset you tell them "You're doing it wrong"

I (INTJ) keep things inside until it all comes out. Sometimes I know I'm close to overreacting and it's like I'm watching myself go through with it; I think "oh no, this is going to be ugly, whatever you do, don't say x or y or z". or "I wonder what he'd do if I took this glass and threw it at him". I tend to stay very quiet and very rigid because I know if I don't, I might do something Really Bad. I used to scream and stomp and throw things, now I just make myself leave. "Get out and get away and calm down".

...so much for my theory that you, as an INTJ married to an ISTJ, must have the patience of a saint.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
No, ironically, he's much more patient that I am. I, however, make allowances for him I make for nobody else. No one.

The 'used to scream and stomp and throw things" was when I was a teenager, btw, reacting to my parents. And while I think about the throwing of things and the nasty biting comments, I don't say them.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:wacko: Please don't let me get angry; the mean guy with the toys comes out and does terrible things. :ninja: :peepwall:

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
runvardh said:
Please don't let me get angry; the mean guy with the toys comes out and does terrible things
Hmmm what kinds of toys & what kinds of "terrible things";) ?