User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Heh, interesting.

I think strangers are fun, especially the stranger they happen to be.
    Ironically this is the only way I meet new friends. They are friends of my friends, and then they become my friends if they're actually a cool person. I haven't met a new friend, by myself, for...something like 3 years now.

Yep, I think I'm a bit broken.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh...i LOVE strangers! the stranger the better.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    cc...i think many of us enfp's have said that about being picky about our company...i wonder if that's an enfp thing or an N thing or an everybody thing or what. because are other extraverts that way or just the entp/enfp because we need to be able to relate in that n sorta way? because i would rather be alone then with company that i don't find stimulating...it's very hard for me to sit and engage when i'm not interested...it's the same with watching something on tv you're not into...or a book you don't wanna read...i just don't want to do it....ya know?
    I find that I'm less picky about company than at least some of my NF friends as far as actually "liking" people is concerned, but more picky when it comes to actual interests. Probably because I deal with facts and purpose first, and them with an emotional connection first.

I do notice a S/N divide every once in a while.. it's like we don't stimulate each other in the right ways with our conversations sometimes.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    A calcified unconsciously inspired cognitive tendency to derive positive emotion from interaction with the external world rather than through contemplatiom.
    And suppose I don't invariably, or even frequently derive positive emotion from working in the external world, but do it anyway?
    Vice versa, or the calcified unconscious tendency to derive energy through contemplation rather than the interaction with the external world is the definition of Introversion, which is the opposite of Extroversion.
    Is that the case?

I always figured energy was drawn from the digestive processes...

Looks like I have to learn biology/anatomy all over again.

Oh wait, unless by energy you mean to say inspiration or motivation.
    I think we might be better off with that definition, 'cause then I don't have to send a letter to anyone in the scientific community informing them that they'd grossly misinterpreted the functions of digestion, and should thereby recall and correct all texts on the matter.
    we fukin won boys

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat
    Physiologically, E is an attempt to optimize a chronically low activity level of the cortex. Not surprisingly, low cortex activity corresponds a high energy level.
    This is similar to what I recall.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Heh, interesting.

I think strangers are fun, especially the stranger they happen to be.
    so funny! i just saw this! we posted just about the same thing...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    so funny! i just saw this! we posted just about the same thing...haha
    You ENFPs are nuts.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't really care to be with people all that much... If I'm around them too much then I get angry and then depressed. I need my quiet time. This is why I like using chat and forums, I don't get bothered but I get to socialize.

But too much alone time I can't handle. Once every couple of weeks if I haven't been doing much then I'll get a huge urge to go somewhere.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP

i dont think E has to do with being around people or not. i find myself alone most of the time. it has to do more with how you respond to others, i think..
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    i dont think E has to do with being around people or not. i find myself alone most of the time. it has to do more with how you respond to others, i think..
    Yes! This is the ENTP way! I spend shitloads of time by myself. But I love to meet new people, especially people I can learn from. If you're boring, I will feign interest until I can escape. I was at a party the other night and I was talking to someone who just had a low signal to noise ratio. As soon as someone else walked up and joined the conversation, I split.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."