User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I like the below description along side of the, "where I get my energy" from.

If given the choice of being around people or being alone, I choose alone. While I can put myself in public situations, people in large doses suck the life out of me. If I can't get away I turn nasty or as my husband calls me when I get this way, "a nasty piece of work". lol ;P

Meet ups are fine but afterwards I need days to recover. And besides Cafe (she's no trouble at all) and my Mom (have no choice with Mom) I am not allowing any more house guests because it's too taxing on my nerves. Having someone two steps behind me is too extroverted for me.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    From the other side of the pond
    I'd actually like to hear more about introversion and what it means personally, too. At the very least, it'll help define extroversion by what it isn't.. but I'd love to hear about the other side in any case.

Any takers?

MBTI
    I

Yeah, I feel best when I'm usually by myself, doing what I want to do or what I have to do. Call it being a hermit, but that honestly is the best way I function, and I don't have any problem with it.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    For me personally, when in any social situation, I get very tired as the night goes on. I am just...not as interested in the experience of most social situations as I am my own personal activities and to push myself to continue to be in them is difficult and draining. When out with friends at a bar, club, or party, I feel like I'm ready for bed at 12; whereas if I am home alone reading, watching a good movie, or even watching these forums I will turn to the clock and it will read 4 AM. It is an interesting thing to me and since I've become aware of MBTI and type I've been trying to pay more attention to how different situations tend to tax me and how I tend to react to them.

Also, an important view to reconstruct is the perception that introverts are passive, while extroverts are active. I like to think that extroverts and introverts are both active, however the domain in which that activity takes place is different. If you were able to somehow "watch" what goes on in the introvert's domain, it would definitely not be "passive." We are just as active in our minds, thoughts, and activities as the extrovert is with people, conversations, and their activities. It's an interesting dynamic.

Also, introversion is not "huddled inside of our rooms" all day. It just really means when we do something, we don't really do it with anybody else. I can't count the number of times I've just roamed the streets of Boston, pacing newbury street as I listen to music and stare at the sky, or lay on the grass in the Commons reading a book.

I hope this illuminated things a bit for you EA...
    Hmm, I think I may be becoming an introvert.

Or can I be both?

I choose, enjoy and need to spend a lot of time alone, whether walking by myself listening to music, thinking, sitting outside or in the bathtub reading, or perusing and participating on this forum. I need alone time to be with me and only me, in order to think without distraction from other people.

I think I need this alone time due to the fact that other people are heavily reliant on my full, active participation of their company. When in the company of others, *I care about*, I rarely withdraw, and feel more than inclined to engage them. Due to this inclination, hanging out with others is essentially spending time on/with others instead of spending time with myself.

However, it should be noted, that the more intellectually stimulating I find my company, and the more I feel I get them and they get me, the less I feel as though I am spending time on/with them as opposed to it being our spending time together, lol, if that makes sense.

But, I stimulate myself better than others, often, so due to the fact I am a stimulus whore, I need to spend time with myself in order to get that fix. I sort things out when alone, think about things that others may very well not be interested in.

I am picky with my company, I don't hang out with people just for the sake of hanging out with people, I don't have much tolerance for mindless chit chat.

I am ranting, the end.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

It's very possible you are extremely balanced when it comes to I vs E. If you're right on the cusp, I would think both activities are reasonably enjoyable and if there is more effort required to sustain one or the other, it really isn't noticeable.

I, on the other hand, am not balanced at all. I am very heavily an I, so to push myself away from that is extremely draining.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

cc...i think many of us enfp's have said that about being picky about our company...i wonder if that's an enfp thing or an N thing or an everybody thing or what. because are other extraverts that way or just the entp/enfp because we need to be able to relate in that n sorta way? because i would rather be alone then with company that i don't find stimulating...it's very hard for me to sit and engage when i'm not interested...it's the same with watching something on tv you're not into...or a book you don't wanna read...i just don't want to do it....ya know?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's very possible you are extremely balanced when it comes to I vs E. If you're right on the cusp, I would think both activities are reasonably enjoyable and if there is more effort required to sustain one or the other, it really isn't noticeable.

I, on the other hand, am not balanced at all. I am very heavily an I, so to push myself away from that is extremely draining.
    Eh, don't try to be anything you are not, imo.

Especially since extroversion and introversion are harmless lifestyle preferences.

I used to be a major E and then when I turned 12, a major mutation occurred...

`

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Eh, don't try to be anything you are not, imo.

Especially since extroversion and introversion are harmless lifestyle preferences.

I used to be a major E and then when I turned 12, a major mutation occurred...

I understand, but heading out with friends is something I have to do once in a while at least. Part of the "maintenance" of keeping your friends in the first place is that you actually have to spend time with them, even if I find it very tiring in certain situations. It's funny, because I can be out with 5 friends and feel fine, but the moment 3 strangers show up and tag along, I become an awkward social disaster.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    because i would rather be alone then with company that i don't find stimulating...

it's very hard for me to sit and engage when i'm not interested

it's the same with watching something on tv you're not into...or a book you don't wanna read...i just don't want to do it
    ....ya know?
    TOTALLY!!!

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I understand, but heading out with friends is something I have to do once in a while at least. Part of the "maintenance" of keeping your friends in the first place is that you actually have to spend time with them, even if I find it very tiring in certain situations. It's funny, because I can be out with 5 friends and feel fine, but the moment 3 strangers show up and tag along, I become an awkward social disaster.
    Heh, interesting.

I think strangers are fun, especially the stranger they happen to be.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles