• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Define Extroversion

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think mitzi's got a point too. :)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mitzy has become the MBTI obama in a matter of posts

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Will she able to save the (MBTI) world though?!

With the 3 and the others, I think there may still be hope.
* Gazes upwards as camera pans to the moon *

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
i dont think E has to do with being around people or not. i find myself alone most of the time. it has to do more with how you respond to others, i think..

But do you want to be around other people when you are alone. My brother is an ENTP and he says he can't work when it's too quite. He needs people around.

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
work? idk i dont do work.

& if i did id only want people around so they could distract me from doing my work
or
to gather info from them

besides that, id be cool by myself 'working'

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...depends on if it's a creative pursuit that i'm fully engaged in or something i don't really wanna do but have to...if it's boring i'd want people around to talk to occasionally...bounce ideas off of maybe...or just keep me from falling asleep.

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
yeah...depends on if it's a creative pursuit that i'm fully engaged in or something i don't really wanna do but have to...if it's boring i'd want people around to talk to occasionally...bounce ideas off of maybe...or just keep me from falling asleep.

really? im the other way around. if its boring & i have to do it, i tell people to leave me alone til im done so i can think about stuff & be miserable by myself. if its just BS, id rather have people around so i can just play

to each their own, i guess.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...i can juggle quite a few less then stimulating things but one immensely interesting thing will have all my attention

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Extraversion (according to jung): Is dirrecting and receiving your psychological energy from outside. I call it being mindless.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Extraversion (according to jung): Is dirrecting and receiving your psychological energy from outside. I call it being mindless.
so it's like the light's on but no one's home?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Wow, I completely disagree with your editorialization there. I think Jung would too. Extroversion is no more necessarily mindless than introversion is necessarily shyness.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

An example of someone going to receive energy from the outside.

BeakerHoneydew460.jpg

Mindless is right.

juggernaut

Permabanned
Just to clarify how ridiculous this "mindless" notion is, one should consider those of us sitting on the cusp between E and I. I'm E according to MBTI, and I by socionics (and virtually every other test). So I'm this deep, mindful creature under one view and a nincompoop under the other? Honestly, I think the tendency for broken Is to assume that Es are in some way defective or incomplete is just away to make themselves feel better about their own inability to connect with things in the world outside. I rarely see healthy, content Is saying silly things like this. They have enough sense to recognize that it's really not a matter depth, but style.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

[insert sarcastic comment that I would put here if only I had a mind]

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just to clarify how ridiculous this "mindless" notion is, one should consider those of us sitting on the cusp between E and I. I'm E according to MBTI, and I by socionics (and virtually every other test). So I'm this deep, mindful creature under one view and a nincompoop under the other? Honestly, I think the tendency for broken Is to assume that Es are in some way defective or incomplete is just away to make themselves feel better about their own inability to connect with things in the world outside. I rarely see healthy, content Is saying silly things like this. They have enough sense to recognize that it's really not a matter depth, but style.

This mindless notion is mindless. Mortabunt must be be an ENTP then... ;)

wolfy

awsm
I actually read through the whole 10 pages of this thread.
Great start, tragic finish. Kind of reminds me of Vanishing Point.

You'd think they'd be something to do with feedback involved in extroversion.
Projecting outwards, gathering feedback and projecting outwards.
I feel I'm an introvert because I tend to get sucked into my thoughts. It's less about feedback and more about sorting what's there.

It's hard because everybody does everything, but some do more and some do less.