User Tag List

MBTI
    I

Default Order of Cognitive Functions?

Can someone please explain to me what the order of the cognitive functions means? For example...

ISTJ - Si, Te, Fi, Ne

Si is primary, Te is auxiliary, Fi is tertiary, and Ne is inferior. I know what the cognitive functions mean, but what does this order mean?

MBTI
    INFP

primary
    auxiliary
    tertiary
    inferior

Google around.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Most certainly! It means nothing, and by the way, ISTJs are Thinking Primary, then Sensing. Makes sense, right, I mean ISTPs are more involved in the physical world, what with their Sensing being Primary and having Thinking in support. Oh, dear me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

In the John Beebe archetype model:
    Si "hero" function; the one most trusted
    Te "parent"; one that supports the hero, and you use to support others.
    Fi "eternal child": find relief from the function
    Ne: aspirational/projective; first experienced as "shoulds and fears, develops more in midlife.

The other four (the first four with the opposite attitude), are the negative versions of the first four archetypes: opposing personality, critical parent, mischeivous child, destructive.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    I

Yeah, but what does the actual order of them mean? For example, instead of having Ne first, I have Si first. What does the following order mean:

Si, Te, Fi, Ne ?

Thanks.

MBTI
    I

Ah I've found my answer. I found on wikipedia the following information:

The Dominant function is the personality type's preferred role, the one they feel most comfortable with. The secondary Auxiliary function serves to support and expand on the Dominant function. If the Dominant is an information gathering function (sensing or intuition), the Auxiliary is a decision making function (thinking or feeling), and vice versa. The Tertiary function is less developed than the Dominant and Auxiliary, but it matures over time, rounding out the person's abilities. The Inferior function is the personality type's Achilles' heel. This is the function they are least comfortable with. Like the Tertiary, the Inferior function strengthens with maturity.[8]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

The order just means that you more instinctively and easily use the ones near the top, and less near the bottom.

So theoretically, Si comes very naturally to you and me. Te is also pretty easy. But Fi can be tough, and Ne is hard to grapple. Something like that...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    The order just means that you more instinctively and easily use the ones near the top, and less near the bottom.

So theoretically, Si comes very naturally to you and me. Te is also pretty easy. But Fi can be tough, and Ne is hard to grapple. Something like that...
    Ah ok, makes sense then. Thanks.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Some functions oppose other functions. For example, Thinking opposes Feeling because in order to think or to engage in logical reasoning, one must be dispassionate. Feeling requires attunement with the passions. Thus, if you are a dominant Thinking type, Feeling is your inferior function. Similarly, if you are dominant Sensing type, Intuition is your inferior function. Sensation opposes Intuition because it insists on supressing imagination in order to properly focus on one particular item that is sensed. Imagination needs to be supressed in order for this to be accomplished because it introduces a wealth of images irrelevant to the one concrete entity that is perceived by the senses. For example, sensation will be interested in recollecting just this one flower it has perceived. Intuition or imagination is a hindrance to this task because it shall envisage many different images of flowers and obfuscate the image of this one flower Sensation strives to preserve.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I thought about the idea that if you come to logical conclusions internally like Ti, ouldnt it be possible that you then do the same with Fi ? That means Ti have Fi inferior and vice versa.

Of course it would be inferior, but I think if you are high on Ti for example, Fi wont be that inferior as one shall suspect.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]