• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to distinguish ESFP and ENFP?

Cygnus

blech
ESFPs are Decisive (Se/Ni) and ENFPs are Judicious (Ne/Si). ESFPs will take less time to plot their next course of action and will mobilize quickly. They will also have a tendency to accomplish the entire task at once. Their natural state is mobilized.

ENFPs are Judicious. They will pay more attention to the planning stages before mobilizing and may divide the task into several smaller segments. They take longer to mobilize and take action. Their natural state is relaxed.

ESFPs are Strategic and ENFPs are Tactical. ESFPs consider pre-defined goals more important than the methods used to achieve them and will deviate to whatever tactics are necessary for the given goal.

ENFPs are Tactical. Methods of accomplishing a goal are more important than the goals themselves. As such, Tacticals prefer to leave their options open whenever they can. They are more willing to modify their goals to accomodate for their pre-defined procedures.

ESFPs are Positivists. They will tend to notice what is. ESFPs will look back on what has been accomplished. "There is this amount of liquid in this container."

ENFPs are Negativists. This does not mean they are pessimists; rather, ENFPs notice what is not. ENFPs look towards what is left to be accomplished. "This amount of liquid must be added to the glass."

ESFPs are Process types. They will pay most attention to the procedures of a task and will judge the outcome based on how accurately the procedure was followed. They perform tasks in set sequences.

ENFPs are Result types. They will judge completion of tasks based on the results yielded rather than adherance to procedure. ENFPs do things randomly and out of order.

ESFPs are Asking types. Their inclination is toward dialogue. In conversation, they will often interrupt with a "yeah" or "uh-huh." They tend to play the role of the listener rather than the speaker. They're more likely to hear a given point in a discussion and derail from that point in any direction rather than hear out a drawn-out monologue.

ENFPs are Declarative types. Their thought come out as if they were pre-formed. Their tendency is to monologue.

ESFPs are Democratic. They will tend to associate with larger groups of acquaintances. They judge other people on a personal level before anything else.

ENFPs are Aristocratic. They will define their relationships based on the larger social groups to which people belong. As a result, their circles of acquaintances tend to be smaller and more exclusive.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I sometimes wonder if I'm not an ESFP...

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not an ENFP here but i can compare myself to ESTPs (Same Se/Ne difference)i have known. In general ESxPs are more direct and to the point while ENxPs are more long winded and ramblish. I also notice we talk differently as well. The ESTPs i have know talk about things exactly as they happen while ENTPs (Both myself and others i have known) tend to dance more around the subject. The ESTP walks a straight narrow path straight from A to Z (Se with Ni driving it) while ENTPs will jump from A to E to D to G to D to J to D then eventually Z. ESTPs and ENTPs are both possibility people but in different ways. Se is more focused on the present and immediate surroundings (I find ESxPs to be very good at games that require using the environment).

ESTP possibilities- That spanner over there could be put together with the broomstick to form a weapon. Hey i can see many other ways this broomstick could come in use. (Focused on present moment)

ENTP possibilities- That spanner could help inspire me for a story involving with this metaphorical story involving mens rights as men are like spanners due to being useful but not valued. Speaking of books what would a wall of books look like and how useful would it be. (Focused more on the not now)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I sometimes wonder if I'm not an ESFP...

Oh Gawsh, most of us have been here... mostly it's wishful thinking when we want to be more kick ass and present. Idk though there are certainly aspects that I feel I could attribute to ESFPness.

For example, I always though I was probably more in the moment and aware than other laid back ENFP's. I'm more tense, more serious and more confrontational than quite a few ENFP's. Though I do tend to psychoanalyse pretty much everyone and their relationships with others and their worlds... which ... well, how could that be ESFP? I care little for what people wear except to relate it to their self expression and what it means to them. Though I do love the theatre of fashion... and I love well made clothes that tell a story. I hate throw away landfill fashion... and prefer either vintage reusable clothing or newer ground breaking fabrics of the future for sustainability.

ramble ramble

The Cat

Staff member
Oh Gawsh, most of us have been here... mostly it's wishful thinking when we want to be more kick ass and present. Idk though there are certainly aspects that I feel I could attribute to ESFPness.

For example, I always though I was probably more in the moment and aware than other laid back ENFP's. I'm more tense, more serious and more confrontational than quite a few ENFP's. Though I do tend to psychoanalyse pretty much everyone and their relationships with others and their worlds... which ... well, how could that be ESFP? I care little for what people wear except to relate it to their self expression and what it means to them. Though I do love the theatre of fashion... and I love well made clothes that tell a story. I hate throw away landfill fashion... and prefer either vintage reusable clothing or newer ground breaking fabrics of the future for sustainability.

ramble ramble

Oh Betty Blue, please feel free to ramble to me any time, I hung off every word, you may be a muse. Please tell me more, if you like of course. *bows and offers you a rose*

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh yes, I guess we're in the same boat now. *blushes* I'd sail on a slow boat to china with you, I'll bet we'd have tons to discuss. We should road trip one day!

Can i join? Dont leave poor Brain on his own in rainy Britain:cry:. I want the chinas on the women in Chinia.

By the way does the offer of a trip on your TARDAS still stand?.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Oh yes, I guess we're in the same boat now. *blushes* I'd sail on a slow boat to china with you, I'll bet we'd have tons to discuss. We should road trip one day!

Don't you joke with me Jack... I LOVE roadtrips and the open road. :happy2:

The Cat

Staff member
Don't you joke with me Jack... I LOVE roadtrips and the open road. :happy2:

Like the Leg Man Doesnt joke about Cocaine. Gentleman JAck does no joke about the open road, there's no coincidence the book The open road was written by Jack Kerouac,and JAck of Fables was such an wandering stranger. I. Love. The open call to adventure.

- - - Updated - - -

Can i join? Dont leave poor Brain on his own in rainy Britain:cry:. I want the chinas on the women in Chinia.

By the way does the offer of a trip on your TARDAS still stand?.

Oh my gosh Brain you live in Britain, I just got a crush on you. You're my forever Brain now,:wubbie:

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Like the Leg Man Doesnt joke about Cocaine. Gentleman JAck does no joke about the open road, there's no coincidence the book The open road was written by Jack Kerouac,and JAck of Fables was such an wandering stranger. I. Love. The open call to adventure.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my gosh Brain you live in Britain, I just got a crush on you. You're my forever Brain now,:wubbie:

Us Brits are sexy admit it. We didnt get to fuck the rest of the world up and spread our cream everywhere for nothing. Plus look at all the abandoned kids Britain has sired.

The Cat

Staff member
Us Brits are sexy admit it. We didnt get to fuck the rest of the world up and spread our cream everywhere for nothing. Plus look at all the abandoned kids Britain has sired.

Oh Brain *purrs*

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh Brain *purrs*

Sadly with the Brexit we may be getting a circumcision with those Scots voting to leave so we will have less sexual function for a little while but well make a cum back to you dont worry. They are pervs as they want to join to Frances pussy and lick its arm pit (Brittany).

The Cat

Staff member
I don't get it but I'm imagining your sexy accent so I am eating this nonsense up. :wubbie::hug:

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't get it but I'm imagining your sexy accent so I am eating this nonsense up. :wubbie::hug:

:greatscott:

We shall have to travel back in time and go back to the days when (You mentioned you are American) 150 million years ago so we can meet up and wield the mushtrooms togheter. In other words i would invent a time machine just for our nations to be joined together :D

The Cat

Staff member
:greatscott:

We shall have to travel back in time and go back to the days when (You mentioned you are American) 150 million years ago so we can meet up and wield the mushtrooms togheter. In other words i would invent a time machine just for our nations to be joined together :D

Aint you a peach? But onward to the random thoughts, I fear we're dangerously off topic. Quickly into the Tardis and to a planet of cats!

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
There was an article done based on the attitude of types. Functions influence attitudes. People with Ni and Se are more hard and aggressive. People with Ne and Si and more childlike.

Flea Bee (intp)

There was an article done based on the attitude of types. Functions influence attitudes. People with Ni and Se are more hard and aggressive. People with Ne and Si and more childlike.

I would love it if you could extrapolate upon that! I've never come across that connection in what I've read thus far. Either way, thank you!
This is my first time in a forum so if I mess up the formatting somehow, forgive me.