User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I wonder how I ended up with my ENFP brain damage.
    Lol! xD

Actually, I'm thinking heavily on ESFP. After reading much and thinking a lot.
    I've been known to fool myself before.
    Even some memories aren't legit; even though I based logical reasoning on them.

I don't always feel I have a stuck personality, at least I did not in younger days. Now I try to because ... It felt cool and it gives less thoughts about what is correct or not. And I am less evil. But I don't find myself as sexually interactive as I did before. I guess there's a lot of changes in the air.

Something unknown to me is that... in the "ENFPs - Question of.."

How can I identify without Ne. If I'm not Ne, that is.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

This would be the funniest thing ever, if it turns out that no one seems to be able to classify.
    Just.... lovely. xD

And ironic. :P
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    That one is easy.
    Place them togather in one room. Then send an INTJ in 15 minutes after that and the one that is more intrigued by INTJ in the end is ENFP.
    LOL. Not.

Maybe : place INTP and them in room, I would be intrigued, but with INTJ... hm, don't think so :P

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

I haven't had the time to read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has already been posted, but here goes.....

According to "When does an ESFP look like an ENFP?" ( link: ESFP - ENFP )...

These two types can often look very much like each other.

What would make the difference?
    I’ve found many who had identified with ENFP for a long time, yet decided ESFP was a better fit.

Same Interaction Style.
    ESFPs and ENFPs seek involvement of themselves and others and tend to have the natural facilitative attitude of the Get-Things-Going™ style. When I did the Interaction Styles research, I noticed all four types (ESFJ, ESFP, ENTP, and ENFP) with that style tend to easily fall into facilitative roles, not just those with NF preferences. Both tend to use informing language, but ESFPs will have a little more of a drive to immediate tangible action. ENFPs are more willing to talk about things for a while when talking is moving things along. Both want an upbeat mood and love to make others happy.

Different Temperaments. Differentiating Artisan versus Idealist is key. Often those with ESFP preferences will talk a lot about helping people so they relate to much in the ENFP (Idealist) descriptions. For the ENFP, there are always new potentials to be explored. For the ESFP there are always new possibilities for action and ESFPs don’t want to miss opportunities.

---Roles. Very often the first clue in recognizing the ESFP pattern is pragmatism. Pragmatic means having autonomy and calling the shots on your own actions. It means taking a utilitarian approach to things rather than seeking consensus or adherence to norms—taking independent action.

---Language.
    It helps to listen for the abstract language of the ENFP, which is about meaning and purpose, using metaphors that many people can relate to while keeping their own unique meanings. ESFP language tends to reference tangibles with specific details when relevant.

---Interest in Motive. Both types are interested in why people do things. The ESFP tunes in to what is in it for the other person, whereas the ENFP is interested in their deeper motives.

Different Cognitive Dynamics. ENFPs lead with Ne—Interpreting meanings. ESFPs lead with Se—Experiencing and Noticing subtle changes. Both “read” the room. ESFPs notice physical clues to people’s feelings, picking up the actual physical energy. ENFPs may not even notice the physical cues and energy, but will just “know” the meaning of what is or has been going on. Both types will describe the experience as getting a feeling of what is going on. You have to probe a little to get identify which process is being engaged.

I also find Please Understand Me II, by David Kiersey extremely helpful when it comes to distinguishing temperaments.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Think you can also distinguish them whenever the ENFP is spacing out. As I understand it ESFP's live in the moment and react to the world around them. ENFPs might live in the moment, but the world they're responding to is potentially not visible to innocent bystanders... Clues often included a bewildered look in the eyes when abruptly transported back to Earth by the armgrabbing of a friend who's been desperately trying to ask you the same question trice and failed to miss the typically glazed look in the eyes of the ENFP which is pretty much synonymous to your phone's answering machine going: 'I am currently not home, or otherwise engaged.'
    (how's that for stream of conciousness )
    Hilarious! So true, Amargith. My mom is an ESFP. She is also the most socially savvy person I know. Everyone, regardless of age and gender just adores her. She is very environment focused, is very observant and has a great sense of humor, generally centered on the use sarcasm or slapstick. I am completely oblivious, often spaced out and have to be reminded of dates/seasons regularly. I have been known to call my dad and wish him happy birthday two months in advance. Seriously.

Mom is incredibly quick-witted and very focused on details making her a great story teller. I'm much more tentative in large social gatherings, don't like being the center of attention as much.

She is far more likely to call a spade a spade while I get caught up in the nuances.

People flock to her and constantly call her for advice. She's also very even-tempered and highly unlikely to have an existential crisis. She is very creative and quite accomplished as a chef and artist. She pays close attention to trends in fashion and is the reason why I have this strange inexplicable love for bags and shoes. We agree to disagree on animal prints - that's where I draw the line. Needless to say, she will always be more fashion forward than me. I'm more likely to embrace my hippie side and buy cloth bags and tie and die shirts (okay maybe just the cloth bags) but have been trained by her to go ooohhh at the smell of new leather. It's deeply ingrained

My mom loves to learn new things and has a variety of interests but they're all quite practical. She doesn't enjoy grand theories but loves doing things with her hands. She masters technology quite easily - learning quickly how to text/im etc when introduced to these.

Elaur - so cool that you have an ESFP sister.

I think ESFPs are the bomb (no bias here at all)!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    We act the same, so its hard.
    ESFP's can be flaky and unobservant and miss things, which make us look very un S-like. (I'm not sure why we are this way, I used to think I was an N for this reason.)
    ENFP's can be the same way.
    We both may appear to be boundlessly happy and silly all the time. But there is a very fundamental difference in our thinking. Since you can't read minds, its hard to tell.

Usually I can tell because ESFP's will talk about facts and details in their stories, and use no imagination
    ENFP's are more likely to trail off into "wouldn't it have been funny if I said this" or "I wonder what would happen if," or "I can picture so-and-so doing this." and its actually not facts at all, really, its theory, (even if its not always theory in the intellectual sense.) Also, I think ENFP's may be more likely to be caught in the act of exaggerrating something that happened or change it around a bit, or miss important details in general.

Its definitely not in the actions, anyway, its all in the conversation.

I wish I could think of a good example but I can't right now. I'm at a loss for example.
    This was a very helpful description.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

ESFPs are spontaneous and fun.
    ENFPs are creative and fun.

And yes, either type can embody all of these traits.
    I think my ESFP friends prefers to put on a show
    and have as much fun as she can.
    My ENFP friend tends to think about possibilities
    and how to make the world a brighter place.
    She tends to cool down faster than my ESFP friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    My sister is an ESFP and I'm an ENFP. We do seem similar but we are actually a lot different. She wants to be the center of attention, I just want to be with people. I love causing people to have fun but I don't have to be the center. I will spend a lot more time analyzing things. I questioned if I was ESFP. Oftentimes ENFP want to be like an ESFP and can try to misdiagonose themselves or they have tried to suppress their N part (I did that for a while)
    I'm with this analysis. I think the thing that stands out to me as a difference is the NF self-consciousness vs the SP lack of inhibition. Keirsey talks about how SPs just lose themselves in the moment, that's why they're such great performers, whether it be as an artist or an athlete, or a business wheeler-dealer. They are wonderfully charming and un-self-aware whereas an NF is often consumed with how they are being perceived, that's why they are so good at adapting to different kinds of people, whereas an SP will think more, "this is how I am, take it or leave it".

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

ESFPs seem more bubbly and bouncy. To me, they're much more physical and outgoing. The ones I know are more aware of what's going on in their social groups and around them. Ne keeps me in my head unless someone or something pulls me out. The ones I know also seem less interested in getting lost in intellectual pursuits. I can't get enough information, and my ESFP friends can rarely get enough activity. ESFP are more typically concerned with experiencing the world and ENFPs are more typically concerned with improving the world.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    ESFP are more typically concerned with experiencing the world and ENFPs are more typically concerned with improving the world.
    Good point.

In my experience, ENFPs are more likely to be social workers than salespeople, ESFPs the other way around. ESFPs want the interaction, ENFPs want the interaction to serve a greater purpose.