User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 261

  1. #151
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Discussions like this are why naming categories for the different process tandems is useful, as I suggest here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...dem-names.html

    Aside from the common dominant extraversion, both types are similar from having a "systemic" "arm" judgment. Fe and Ti work together in creating "systems" in different ways. You decide what is important, and then go and build upon it in the outer world. (Fe/Ti are more about harmony, either interpersonal or logical). Since Fi is the preferred end of the "arm", both types are informing and motive focused, which tends to be the most friendly (least directive) on the surface. The common Interaction Style is Get Things Going or Sanguine, so on the surface social skills level, they will appear very similar.
    Both types "judge" things the same way, though they "see things differently". Ne/Si is more what I call "circumspective", meaning that their perception tends to "look around"; Ne, at past, present and future possibilities, and Si focusing more on the past. Ni and Se deal more with the present, and "moving forth" into the future, from there. We could call this "aspective", meaning simply "to see". (here and now, or ahead).
    I need to learn how to speak INTPese.


  2. #152
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I need to learn how to speak INTPese.
    lol, me too!

  3. #153
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Yeah I'm not an emo-bomb person. I had two older brothers and learned to "suck it up" a lot. I don't ever use crying as a tool, I rarely even admit I am.

    I guess I can be silly trying to cheer someone up.

    SNS, I've had that happen to me, just the other way around. I'm 5-10 and my little room mate in college (5-3?) used to be able to push me around because I would be laughing so hard at the idea.

    Are you sure you're not from Cleaver-land?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  4. #154
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Think you can also distinguish them whenever the ENFP is spacing out. As I understand it ESFP's live in the moment and react to the world around them. ENFPs might live in the moment, but the world they're responding to is potentially not visible to innocent bystanders... Clues often included a bewildered look in the eyes when abruptly transported back to Earth by the armgrabbing of a friend who's been desperately trying to ask you the same question trice and failed to miss the typically glazed look in the eyes of the ENFP which is pretty much synonymous to your phone's answering machine going: 'I am currently not home, or otherwise engaged.'


    (how's that for stream of conciousness )
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  5. #155
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Think you can also distinguish them whenever the ENFP is spacing out. As I understand it ESFP's live in the moment and react to the world around them. ENFPs might live in the moment, but the world they're responding to is potentially not visible to innocent bystanders... Clues often included a bewildered look in the eyes when abruptly transported back to Earth by the armgrabbing of a friend who's been desperately trying to ask you the same question trice and failed to miss the typically glazed look in the eyes of the ENFP which is pretty much synonymous to your phone's answering machine going: 'I am currently not home, or otherwise engaged.'


    (how's that for stream of conciousness )


  6. #156
    Junior Member Lena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    11

    Default

    ESFP'S...

    My best friend is one and so is one woman I work with.
    SHE ruins my lunch break,when I would just like to sit quietly
    around the computer - there's this constant tapping,whistling
    singing and talking.Foolish questions,that she already knows the
    answers to.

    ENFP's are loud and talkative,but most of us know when to SHUT UP.
    I scan and read people's faces all the time,and if I see someone is
    a bit annoyed by my behaviour,I tend to stop it.Of course there's
    times when the evil ENFP takes over,and I purposely want to annoy
    and tease.Damn,I think we're pretty good at it!

    ENFP's tend to be sporty,but ESFP's are usually the pro-athlete ones.
    ESFP'S are not that much into arts,like painting and drawing- as NF's.

    One difference is the the way we dress,like someone mentioned earlier.
    Most of ENFP's I've seen are more hippie and bohemian than ESFP's.
    ESFP in vintage - pretty rare.They often digg highstreet.
    Also ESFP women are into teeth-whitening and tanning lotions.I couln't care
    less.

  7. #157
    the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    RAD
    Posts
    860

    Default

    OOT:
    But after reading all this... Is there a possibility to claim both S(i?) and Ne?
    Different days, different manners of being. I mean, how does one know what is truly the underlying of it all?
    Argh, I can't get it all to work. Then again, it is late and I should've gone to bed five hours ago but this was all so intriguing. Ah, I can't even remember when I had so much fun. Which of course probably was yesterday but then again, it's not now and since it's not now my memories tend to blend together alot, but only lately. I guess it was all those little mistakes I did for a year in contemplation about which one of the "I"'s was me. (I'm not really sorry but I am going to write "Sorry" just so that my little extra venting-area is lost upon you. And I can't find it in myself to delete it. There might be some value in it. Almost like the dwarfes belief, what is written shall never be destroyed. Words live. Terry Pratchett, just so you know. Gosh, I love his stories, especially the ones with the Wizzzrd. Ahh, lovely. I miss the days when I hadn't yet completed it and was still fully into the story. I like being a few years ahead though, given me a lot and cost me a lot.
    Hrrm, I was trying to say sorry for the detour. Even though I don't really mean it.
    But then again, I do. In a very weird "please don't hit me with that large black metal thingy just because I might've gone a bit awry in my message" kind of way. )

    OOT2: I like my hair.

  8. #158
    Member invaderzim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    65

    Default

    ^^^Ne

  9. #159
    Senior Member ColonelGadaafi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP
    Posts
    774

    Default

    1. How they communicate: An ENFP will usually be much more eloquent in their languge and much more idea oriented. While ESFP's are more on the plain side, though with education this will change, ESFP's will still be inclined to elaborate on more earthy level ideas and notions. An ENFP will talk about idea's and their percieved information, it's meaning and accord.

    2.Motion: Both ENFP/ESFP's types tend to be hyper and energetic. However an ESFP will be more so in the physical world. An ESFP will dingle keys, move around, play with things when bored, scan the enviroment for excitement to react to.

    3.Morals and values: ENFP's empathize far too much on their own values and morals then an ESFP in social contexts. Lets take a social scenerio for example: Three friends pass by the crowded locker-corridor, one friend comment's on how ugly the class's outcast is.

    ENFP Reaction: ENFP's being the good empathetic souls they are, depending on their balance will internalize the said comment, and either verbally berate their friend and leave for saying that or internally show despise towards the comment.

    ESFP Reaction: ESFP's would feel bad about the comment for a short duration but they would not compromise their relationship with their friend, they will go as far as responding with an attitude like "Cmon, that was assholic".
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

  10. #160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    Zzzz
    Posts
    2,629

    Default

    Holy hell raisers. There's so much wrong to address. I'm gonna use my ESFP sis as an example cuz I'm currently lazy to do it all functionally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lena View Post

    ENFP's are loud and talkative,but most of us know when to SHUT UP.
    I scan and read people's faces all the time,and if I see someone is
    a bit annoyed by my behaviour,I tend to stop it.Of course there's
    times when the evil ENFP takes over,and I purposely want to annoy
    and tease.Damn,I think we're pretty good at it!
    You're purposely scanning and reading people's "faces"? Did you know that's Se? And actually I'd say ESFPs know better when to SHUT UP cause they can Se-e the people's reactions.

    K. Just kidding. Neither of you do. (but srs ESFPs are probably quicker... just at noticing whereas ENFPs don't.... notice. So yea, neitherrr.)

    ENFP's tend to be sporty,but ESFP's are usually the pro-athlete ones.
    ESFP'S are not that much into arts,like painting and drawing- as NF's.
    My ESFP sis could care less about sports in general. She's athletic and flexible, likes martial arts, working out in the natural environment (biking etc)-- she HATES working out in gyms with a passion. She's very much into the arts (+ english and the sciences/maths.... well she's good at them all, can't really say "very much" into. qq Strike that, sis corrected me. She IS very much into all of them. Thus, I am now bruised by her electric guitar..). She plays a few instruments but isn't as confident in drawing just yet. She has a good eye for it but doesn't care to practice ATM.

    One difference is the the way we dress,like someone mentioned earlier.
    Most of ENFP's I've seen are more hippie and bohemian than ESFP's.
    ESFP in vintage - pretty rare.They often digg highstreet.
    Also ESFP women are into teeth-whitening and tanning lotions.I couln't care
    less.
    zz My sis' clothing sometimes lean towards a bohemian look. She deeply dislikes manufactured and mainstream crap, though she doesn't care ATM to do much about it since she's still a kid and has to rely on the folk's money. You mentioned a few of her biggest pet peeves. Teeth-whitening and tanning lotions. She also couldn't care less.

    I'll tie this up to say.. StereoTyping is bad. Have a nice day!

    Quote Originally Posted by raz
    The ESFPs provide the eye candy for guys.
    Kindly walk into an electric fence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Introverted-esfp
    1. How they communicate: An ENFP will usually be much more eloquent in their languge and much more idea oriented. While ESFP's are more on the plain side, though with education this will change, ESFP's will still be inclined to elaborate on more earthy level ideas and notions. An ENFP will talk about idea's and their percieved information, it's meaning and accord.

    2.Motion: Both ENFP/ESFP's types tend to be hyper and energetic. However an ESFP will be more so in the physical world. An ESFP will dingle keys, move around, play with things when bored, scan the enviroment for excitement to react to.

    3.Morals and values: ENFP's empathize far too much on their own values and morals then an ESFP in social contexts. Lets take a social scenerio for example: Three friends pass by the crowded locker-corridor, one friend comment's on how ugly the class's outcast is.

    ENFP Reaction: ENFP's being the good empathetic souls they are, depending on their balance will internalize the said comment, and either verbally berate their friend and leave for saying that or internally show despise towards the comment.

    ESFP Reaction: ESFP's would feel bad about the comment for a short duration but they would not compromise their relationship with their friend, they will go as far as responding with an attitude like "Cmon, that was assholic".
    + 1

Similar Threads

  1. [Inst] How to distinguish Sx/Sp and Sx/So?
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 04:22 PM
  2. How to distinguish ISFJ and INFJ?
    By Gauche in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 11:40 PM
  3. [MBTItm] How to tell ESFPs and ESTPs apart
    By Elfboy in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 11:19 PM
  4. How to distinguish INTJ and INFJ
    By Lotr246 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO