First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Hehe, dave, then why don't you run scared

Nah, as I said, I was yanking your chain a bit. I only do the fake crying and pouting to be silly. I usually do it over the top, and the other person usually knows me well enough to realize I'm not doing it to get anything, but just to tease them a bit. Overusing that and being serious about it tends to backfire bigtime on you, so there's no reason for ENFPs to do that
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Hehe, dave, then why don't you run scared

Nah, as I said, I was yanking your chain a bit. I only do the fake crying and pouting to be silly. I usually do it over the top, and the other person usually knows me well enough to realize I'm not doing it to get anything, but just to tease them a bit. Overusing that and being serious about it tends to backfire bigtime on you, so there's no reason for ENFPs to do that
    If I run scared I won't get my ENFP fix for the day.

I like being teased. It puts me in a confused state similar to the state I was describing to Short in the last post. Sometimes I don't know what to feel or say so I end up saying something or doing something silly and it just fuels the teasing even more!
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yeah I'm not an emo-bomb person. I had two older brothers and learned to "suck it up" a lot. I don't ever use crying as a tool, I rarely even admit I am.

I guess I can be silly trying to cheer someone up.

SNS, I've had that happen to me, just the other way around. I'm 5-10 and my little room mate in college (5-3?) used to be able to push me around because I would be laughing so hard at the idea.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post

He's gotten thrown into walls and dragged across kitchen floors and pushed up stairs. (he's 6'3 210 lbs i'm 5'0 120). He says that he grows weak from giggling and I grow strong from drunkardness and that's how I can manage to throw him around. It all ends in both of us giggling on the floor generally. Is that an emo bomb?
    Drunken Kung Fu master.

MBTI
    INTP

Re: OP (sorry I didn't read it all, I have a short attention span)

It's pretty easy to tell ESFP and ENFP apart. ESFPs in my experience will be more grounded in the "real world," and always come back to reality (Se dom) whereas ENFPs will be more abstract and prefer their imaginations. I know that sounds like a cliche / dumbed down explanation of S vs N, but in my experience it fits.

I think in terms of behavior the ESFP is more willing to engage in "shock" behavior than the ENFP, in other words doing something just for the shock value or to make an impact on their audience. Both types like to have an audience but the way they interact with their audience is somewhat different.

It's hard to provide concrete examples, just thinking of the people I know... subjectively though-- they have very different flavors.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    Well, how could one distinguish ESFP and ENFP?

Tell me concrete examples in particular.

Why do I ask? Because I have a strange feeling, you know, that there are many ESFPs who are being typed as ENFP, but actually they are ESFPs. How do you see it?
    My opinion:
    Very similar to the outside but
    ESFP's Se can be seen because they are "restless" physically
    whereas ENFP's restlessness (Ne) cannot be seen outside necessairly, I mean it's more in their head.

You can pick the difference up when talking to the person of both types. i would say that the orientation to time is different:
    ESFP: it's all now ENFP: it's in the future.

Just my own thoughts as ENFP whose dad is ESFP.

MBTI
    LoLz

The stuck in the here vs. looking to possibilities is probably one of the better examples. Both are ExxPs, so they're going to share that immensely outgoing and unpredictable behavior. It's just more of a vibe you can pick up from them. The ENFP is more interested in the things they can go do. The ESFP is about dealing with and enjoying the here and now.

It's the difference between Se and Ne. With Se, ESFPs adapt themselves to what's going on around them and focus on it. With Ne, ENFPs look at what's going on around them and suddenly get so many ideas of things to do, then act on it immediately. The ENFP will just be more creative about the wild things they do. You could almost say the ESFP is just a victim of their environment.

You're talking about an NF vs. an SP. The ENFP employs empathy. The ESFP employs sympathy. The ENFP is able to understand what you're feeling. The ESFP sees visible signs of what you're feeling and wants to console you. If you get an ESFP and ENFP together, the ESFP will be the one spending the most time observing everything around them, taking in the sights, smells, sounds. They're attuned to their surroundings in a physical sense.

You can also tell at times just by what they wear. Both being ExxPs are going to wear things that are just thrown together or off the wall. However, the ENFP is going to wear clothes that are much more off the wall. It's more like the ENFP will wear all sorts of things thrown together that probably doesn't look like it should go together, but to them, it's beautiful. The ESFP will go for things that are more comfortable or casual. It's hard to explain the clothing difference, but I can see it between ESFPs and ENFPs I've seen. ENFPs just have this....interesting way of getting dressed. The ESFPs provide the eye candy for guys.

The clothing one is true. I always choose the combinations carefully when I dress, but people probably need Ne to see any order in it.

It was a good point about difference in how we see things too. The ENFP spends a lot of time in your head, whereas the ESFP reads visible signs and knows if things are out of place.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i like some odd clothing combinations sometimes...and have this fuchsia fur vest that no one understands haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Discussions like this are why naming categories for the different process tandems is useful, as I suggest here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...dem-names.html

Aside from the common dominant extraversion, both types are similar from having a "systemic" "arm" judgment. Fe and Ti work together in creating "systems" in different ways. You decide what is important, and then go and build upon it in the outer world. (Fe/Ti are more about harmony, either interpersonal or logical). Since Fi is the preferred end of the "arm", both types are informing and motive focused, which tends to be the most friendly (least directive) on the surface. The common Interaction Style is Get Things Going or Sanguine, so on the surface social skills level, they will appear very similar.
    Both types "judge" things the same way, though they "see things differently". Ne/Si is more what I call "circumspective", meaning that their perception tends to "look around"; Ne, at past, present and future possibilities, and Si focusing more on the past. Ni and Se deal more with the present, and "moving forth" into the future, from there. We could call this "aspective", meaning simply "to see". (here and now, or ahead).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas