• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Big 5 and MBTI type

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
O: 88
C: 68
E: 70 <-- I don't care, I'm still an introvert. :yes:
A: 38
N: 5

Edit: Okay, there's no way I'm really that Open either - my J is colossal and I'm not much of an aesthete. I must attribute my high score on that dimension to knowing what is being tested. :doh:

Last edited:

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Notice it is percentile scores, and that the group who take this test online is probably hardly representative. My guess is that it especially affects the openness scores. Compared to the general population, test testers will be in a considerably higher percentile than when compared to the other online test takers …

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't like Big Five very much. the traits are completely based on external behaviors. for instance "Do you talk a lot?" but there are plenty of Introverts who talk a lot and plenty of Extraverts who don't talk a lot

G

garbage

Openness to Experience/Intellect
You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. (Your percentile: 90)

Conscientiousness
You are very well-organized, and can be relied upon. (Your percentile: 92)

Extraversion
You tend to shy away from social situations. (Your percentile: 37)

Agreeableness
You tend to consider the feelings of others. (Your percentile: 63)

Neuroticism
You probably remain calm, even in tense situations. (Your percentile: 18)

Extroversion/introversion is much different than usual, but the rest is on par for me.

:popc1:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't like Big Five very much. the traits are completely based on external behaviors. for instance "Do you talk a lot?" but there are plenty of Introverts who talk a lot and plenty of Extraverts who don't talk a lot

That's why it's so useful though. Because you can pretty easily read people based on these external traits and know a good bit about them if you follow the big 5.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
You typically don't seek out new experiences. (Your percentile: 59)

This is lower score than usual. I guess its all because I don't see myself as particularly sophisticated in art, music, or literature. Blah. My interests are more intellectual.

Conscientiousness

High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
You are neither organized or disorganized. (Your percentile: 58)

I usually get high-average on this dimension. They make the low scoring description sound bad.

Extraversion

High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 7)

I'm low on extraversion typically, but *this* low?

Agreeableness

High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
You find it easy to express irritation with others. (Your percentile: 27)

I'm agreeable, dammit!

Neuroticism

High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
You are generally relaxed. (Your percentile: 37)

At least they nailed this one. I'm fairly low on neuroticism but not to an extreme. I can get worked up if you push the right button.

Random Ness

I got open, conscientous, introverted, not agreeable, and neurotic. A lot of it depends on your maturity, and I guess my scores describe a typical young INFJ well.

JFrombaugh

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
You typically don't seek out new experiences. (Your percentile: 47)

Conscientiousness
High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
You probably have a messy desk! (Your percentile: 6)

Extraversion
High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 1)

Agreeableness
High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
You are neither extremely forgiving nor irritable. (Your percentile: 44)

Neuroticism
High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
You tend to become anxious or nervous. (Your percentile: 76)

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. (Your percentile: 95)

Conscientiousness

You probably have a messy desk! (Your percentile: 3)

^I know I'm not an organized person but damn yo!

Extraversion

You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 3)

Agreeableness

You find it easy to express irritation with others. (Your percentile: 38)

^I usually score near the middle of this dimension, I score high mainly on sub-traits like cooperation

Neuroticism

You probably remain calm, even in tense situations. (Your percentile: 3)

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
O65-C10-E22-A50-N37

Hmm, last time I was a bit higher both on openess and agreeableness - looks like night work makes me grumpy!:ng_mad:

Noon

O20-C1-E7-A10-N94

ISFP.

Big Five always makes me look like a nutcase.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
O20-C1-E7-A10-N94

ISFP.

Big Five always makes me look like a nutcase.

lol me too...I love being told that I'm highest in openness and neuroticism and lowest in agreeableness

O-84
C-21
E-53
A-6
N-87

eNFP

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The alleged T/F correlation with agreeableness is obviously rubbish. :laugh:

Perhaps they should look at Fi/Te orientation vs. Fe/Ti orientation. The split may lie there.

Te isn't known to be a very "agreeable" function, more like the "get the hell outta my way" function; nor is Fi, actually...it's frequently judged by Fe types as being capricious or selfish.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. (Your percentile: 80)

Conscientiousness
You probably have a messy desk! (Your percentile: 2)

Extraversion
You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 12)

Agreeableness
You find it easy to criticize others. (Your percentile: 14)

Neuroticism
You aren't particularly nervous, nor calm. (Your percentile: 49)

And my MBTI type is INTP.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perhaps they should look at Fi/Te orientation vs. Fe/Ti orientation. The split may lie there.

In the stats I've seen comparing the two, the highest correlations (up around +-.80) were for Extroversion = I/E and Openness = S/N.

The J/P and T/F correlations were less, even if significant - with coefficients of +- .48 or so.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Openness (Your percentile: 76)

Conscientiousness (Your percentile: 25)

Extraversion (Your percentile: 86)

Agreeableness (Your percentile: 57)

Neuroticism (Your percentile: 32)