User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I think the "deconstruction" is more a product of logic itself, than of an introverted function. So Fi probably does not parallel that apsect of it. Te constructs, and Ti deconstructs in understanding the principles of how it works. Feeling is not about structures, per-se, except for perhaps relationships, yet since it is ethics and not logic, those sructures are not handled the same way as logical ones.
    Hmm, on that basis would this definition be more accurate..?

"Fi is subjective formulation of intrapersonal values"

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

..determines their validity for the person using Fi?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

...constructs personal values?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I think the "deconstruction" is more a product of logic itself, than of an introverted function. So Fi probably does not parallel that apsect of it. Te constructs, and Ti deconstructs in understanding the principles of how it works. Feeling is not about structures, per-se, except for perhaps relationships, yet since it is ethics and not logic, those sructures are not handled the same way as logical ones.
    Interesting. Your paragraph aroused a thought in my brain: Ethical through Logic; Logical through Ethics. As to whether or not you implied that, I read it as such. I think it's rational to live virtuously. They're separate entities yet share a symbiotic relationship.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Interesting. Your paragraph aroused a thought in my brain: Ethical through Logic; Logical through Ethics. As to whether or not you implied that, I read it as such. I think it's rational to live virtuously. They're separate entities yet share a symbiotic relationship.
    It also has to be considered that Fi will be utilised by different types uniquely relative to their cognitive processes no?, i.e INTJ's Fi is tertiary and will be subject to the agenda of first Ni, Te, say compared to INFP, where it is dominant, but that is a question for another time, since we're dealing with, just defining Fi in terms of the Jungian functions.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
    It also has to be considered that Fi will be utilised by different types relative to their cognitive processes no?, i.e INTJ's Fi is tertiary and will be subject to the agenda of first Ni, Te, say compared to INFP, where it is dominant, but that might be a question for another time.
    Indeed.

Considering how this thread started off pretty shaky, I'd say anything Fi related discussion which pertains to a formulation of a definition (through the eyes of certain types) is fine by me. If that topic seems to catch more interest, I can just change the title of the thread. Perhaps, if that route is preferred, then maybe we could reexamine the original 'original' OP.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Indeed.

Considering how this thread started off pretty shaky, I'd say anything Fi related discussion which pertains to a formulation of a definition (through the eyes of certain types) is fine by me. If that topic seems to catch more interest, I can just change the title of the thread. Perhaps, if that route is preferred, then maybe we could reexamine the original 'original' OP.
    That could provide more insight into how Fi functions, sure. A generalised definition of Fi is possible to approximate, but often people will discuss how Fi is utilised by them, in accordance with their cognitive processes. It is based inherently on intrapersonal, subjective feeling, so a logically translatable definition like Ti for Fi may not be as categorisable.

values the individual?

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

dreams.

Fi deconstructs a situation from the inside. Rather than standing back and looking at the system like Ti, Fi throws you in the middle of it to understand it. Combined with Ne scenarios and consequences all play out. What it is like to be others in the situation plays out. It can be a crazy mix. And it happens insanely quickly.

It can sometimes be called subjective or rigid, or emotional. But the reason it appears this way is just a consequence of what it is. It is far easier to ignore what isn't staring you in the face. And I think this is the cause of most types gripes about things. That it is more clear and present to them, and unignorable, whereas for other types it might be just one of the things to consider.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.