• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you admire and revile?

Theory

MBTI Type
ENFJ
  1. ENFJ
  2. Compassion, humility, integrity, courage, perseverance, confidence
  3. For some reason it's easier for me to figure what I admire. Deplorable is such a strong word to me, I rarely find people deplorable. I find amorality the most frightening trait to encounter in another person. It means that they could do anything and not feel or think anything about it.
  4. I did!

^Ditto to everything.

Arandur

MBTI Type
INTJ
1. INTJ

2. Fun-loving, intelligent, thoughtful, logical, laid back (but not careless), emotionally stable, happy, confident, honest

3. Lack of common sense, ignorance, naivety, carelessness, emotional rollercoaster, constantly down, manipulative tendencies, pretention, laziness

4. Yes.

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
1. State your MBTI type

INFP.

2. Describe what you admire most in others

Courage
Dignity
Consistency
Intelligence & intellect
Curiosity
Respectfulness
Inner strength
Independence
Complexity
Imagination & creativity
Attitude
Thoughtfulness

...yeah, things like that.

3. Describe what you find most deplorable in others.

Ignorance/stupidity combined with arrogance
Self-centered grandiosity combined with cowardice
Extravertedness combined with complete blindness to other people's wants, needs etc
Inconsistency
Not knowing when to stop
Bullying
Pitifulness
Closed-mindedness
Hypocrisy
Using others

...and so on.

4. Enjoy!

Thanks, I did.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
istp

hate- emo kids, touchy-feely types, slow drivers/walkers, the religious right

like- people with a live and let live attitude

ygolo

My termites win
  1. I think I'm an INTP. Though I have also tested as ISTP, INFP, INTJ, and INFJ (Introversion is clear).
  2. What I admire about people:
    • I admire the human will to survive.
    • I admire the ability of people to succeed inspite of their faults.
    • I admire that special 'common sense' most people have that allows us to navigate through civilized life under many different cultural conexts.
    • I admire the ability that people have to reason through very complicated situations.
    • I admire the fact that, as animals, humans can't fly, move far in short times, or communicate over long distances, but as civilized beings we can do all these things.
  3. Like proteanmix and Theory, I won't find people or their traits deplorable. I do, however, find some choices people make deplorable however.
    • I deplore the choice to take pride in ignoarance (thanks Langrenus).
    • I deplore the choice to place limits based on stereotypes.
    • I deplore the choice to bring a child into this world without being prepared to raise her/him.
    • I deplore the choice to willingly cause harm to another human being.
    • I especially deplore the choice to do harm if it is based on not offending another.
    • I deplore the derission of 'experts' because they are 'ellite'.
    • I deplore the choice to be comfortable over being fulfilled (esp. if it is MY choice).
  4. EDIT:I always forget the enjoying part. Yes. It was enjoyable, and I did enjoy.

Last edited:

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
1. INTJ? Lord knows.

2. Inherent desire for liberty.

3. Inordinate self-interest.

4. Coca-Cola.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
1. INTJ

2. respectful, loyal, expressive, confident

3. people who think they are hard when they aren't

4. working on it

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INTP

Admire: Open-mindedness, wit, kindness, compassion, clarity of thought, curiosity and a sense of wonder

deplore: Willful ignorance, close-mindedness, self-centeredness, anti-intellectualism, people spewing meaningless verbage, religious or ideological dogmatism., fallacious reasoning.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
What traits do you admire most in others? What traits do you consider to be the worst? It would be interesting to compare and contrast each of the types. After enough entries I plan to make organize all the responses by type and see how it pans out.

1. State your MBTI type

4. Enjoy! :party2:
I see we are still in the literature class. All right. The New Life of Bernard Malamud is the best book ever written. I know it. You know it. But everybody does not know it; this is why we are here: To share valid information.

1. INTP

2. I admire most in others that they like THE NEW LIFE.

3. The most deplorable in others is that they do not like THE NEW LIFE.

4. Do you have Cadbury?

spartan26

MBTI Type
INTP
INTP

2) I think I admire different things in different people. I think there are a lot of good qualities that people can have but I don't know if I'd say I admire it. Like honesty. Great trait. Like to hang w/people who are honest but that shouldn't be so hard. Not saying it can't be difficult to speak with tact but to say "this guy doesn't cheat on his taxes, he he tells his wife when he goes out drinking with the guys, blah, blah, blah," That's fine but not necessarily impressive to me.
I like people who don't give up. Who just try. Those who when they may even know things might not end perfectly but they are still willing to set out anyway - I'm touched by that.

3). selfishness - that's generally the root of a lot of despicable behavior.

ama

MBTI Type
INTP
I value intelligence, kindness/consideration of others' needs and feelings, creativity, willingness to express your individuality (not emo/punk/goth etc, which is just another trend), depth of character (not superficiality), openness to new ideas, love of learning, being generally laid-back and able to handle your emotions positively (not acting melancholy all the time without getting help for it, or without a good reason).

The opposite of those would be things like shallowness, conformity for its own sake, manipulation of other people, excessive complaining, being mean and insensitive to others' feelings, arrogance, emotional overreactivity, etc. And stupidity - it bothers me, even if it isn't the person's fault. Probably an NT thing.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
INTP

2) I think I admire different things in different people. I think there are a lot of good qualities that people can have but I don't know if I'd say I admire it. Like honesty. Great trait. Like to hang w/people who are honest but that shouldn't be so hard. Not saying it can't be difficult to speak with tact but to say "this guy doesn't cheat on his taxes, he he tells his wife when he goes out drinking with the guys, blah, blah, blah," That's fine but not necessarily impressive to me.
I like people who don't give up. Who just try. Those who when they may even know things might not end perfectly but they are still willing to set out anyway - I'm touched by that.

3). selfishness - that's generally the root of a lot of despicable behavior.
Honesty is not an one way street.

spartan26

MBTI Type
INTP
Honesty is not an one way street.
What do you mean by this? I'd say it can be. Ideally you'd want two sides to be honest with the other but I think test comes to remain honest even when dealing with dishonesty. In those cases, I'd find greater admiration for those who stay honest.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
+ Transcendence in all forms. Confidence. Cool-headedness.

- Willful ignorance. Petty mockery. "No, I'm right".

Firey

MBTI Type
ISTP
ISTP

I admire: initiative, friendliness, willingness to share, capability and kindness.

I dislike/hate: idiocy, small-mindedness, ignorance and over-confidence.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1. INFP

2. Compassion and Loyalty

3. Never taking anything seriously, Strongly opinionated.

4. Thanks

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
1. State your MBTI type

ENTJ

Smarts, A nice ass (in girls), honesty, relaxedness about life

Excessive competition, anybody bossing others around.

Maverick said:
2. Describe what you admire most in others. Honesty, competence, integrity, altruism, having an own mind, standing up for one's own rights, ...

Tell it like it is!!

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Type is obvious by now, I should think...

I admire people who have the things I lack, as in personal qualities, not 'stuff'. I admire great accomplishment - people who achieve great skills through dedication and hard work - whether it's being able to bring me to tears by playing piano or someone who's just worked hard on themselves and transformed their life, recovered drug addicts/alcoholics, gays and transsexuals who have to risk everything to be true to themselves, or people who have been a real pain in the ass and then really sorted themselves out after a big 'oh shit' moment.

I admire the courage it takes to do those things; courage generally I admire.

I don't quite know where 'admire' crosses over witih 'like' or 'appreciate' here though... I mean I like being with intelligent people, but I don't really admire their intelligence because it's kind of inherent, it's not like they have to work at being intelligent. You are or you're not. But if they're intelligent and well educated, then I might admire the dedication and discipline it took for them to reach a high level of education, because I know that can be just as hard in different ways for intelligent people, as it is for those who are.... well... y'know.

I can't think of much I revile... except maybe cowardice... And I hate it when people use their flaws as an excuse for more flaws. Like people who claim they can't do the right thing because they're 'not a strong person' - to me, realising that I have a flaw means it's time to work on it, not an excuse to not bother with anything that's made difficult by that flaw.

Oh, I really, really revile that tendency some people have to use their emotions as a shield to protect them from the consequences of their own actions, or to control other people. Like my friend's mother who has ruined her daughter's life by being so demanding and overbearing that she's been unable to keep any jobs or boyfriends because of her. But whenever she tries to stand up to her, she just gets a barrage of emotional blackmail, about how much 'pain' it causes her mother to hear this stuff and how 'mean' she is, so my friend, being a sensitive and kind person, puts up with far more than she should out of misplaced guilt.

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. ISTJ

2. I admire people with a good sense of humor (most important), who are engaging, warm, fun, silly, sharp wit, charismatic, intelligent, modest, have integrity, consistency, are respectful of boundaries, polite, articulate, cultured, gutsy, passionate. I also admire people who do not care what others think and are not afraid to be themselves.

3. Most deplorable: Ignorance, pettiness, selfishness/self-centeredness, pretention, manipulators, liars, obnoxiousness (although sometimes this is fun at the right time/place/situation), inconsideration, cruelty, vengefulness.