User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP

INTP

2) I think I admire different things in different people. I think there are a lot of good qualities that people can have but I don't know if I'd say I admire it. Like honesty. Great trait. Like to hang w/people who are honest but that shouldn't be so hard. Not saying it can't be difficult to speak with tact but to say "this guy doesn't cheat on his taxes, he he tells his wife when he goes out drinking with the guys, blah, blah, blah," That's fine but not necessarily impressive to me.
    I like people who don't give up. Who just try. Those who when they may even know things might not end perfectly but they are still willing to set out anyway - I'm touched by that.

3). selfishness - that's generally the root of a lot of despicable behavior.

MBTI
    INTP

I value intelligence, kindness/consideration of others' needs and feelings, creativity, willingness to express your individuality (not emo/punk/goth etc, which is just another trend), depth of character (not superficiality), openness to new ideas, love of learning, being generally laid-back and able to handle your emotions positively (not acting melancholy all the time without getting help for it, or without a good reason).

The opposite of those would be things like shallowness, conformity for its own sake, manipulation of other people, excessive complaining, being mean and insensitive to others' feelings, arrogance, emotional overreactivity, etc. And stupidity - it bothers me, even if it isn't the person's fault. Probably an NT thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by spartan26 View Post
    INTP

2) I think I admire different things in different people. I think there are a lot of good qualities that people can have but I don't know if I'd say I admire it. Like honesty. Great trait. Like to hang w/people who are honest but that shouldn't be so hard. Not saying it can't be difficult to speak with tact but to say "this guy doesn't cheat on his taxes, he he tells his wife when he goes out drinking with the guys, blah, blah, blah," That's fine but not necessarily impressive to me.
    I like people who don't give up. Who just try. Those who when they may even know things might not end perfectly but they are still willing to set out anyway - I'm touched by that.

3). selfishness - that's generally the root of a lot of despicable behavior.
    Honesty is not an one way street.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Honesty is not an one way street.
    What do you mean by this? I'd say it can be. Ideally you'd want two sides to be honest with the other but I think test comes to remain honest even when dealing with dishonesty. In those cases, I'd find greater admiration for those who stay honest.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

+ Transcendence in all forms. Confidence. Cool-headedness.

- Willful ignorance. Petty mockery. "No, I'm right".
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ISTP

ISTP

I admire: initiative, friendliness, willingness to share, capability and kindness.

I dislike/hate: idiocy, small-mindedness, ignorance and over-confidence.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

1. INFP

2. Compassion and Loyalty

3. Never taking anything seriously, Strongly opinionated.

4. Thanks

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    1. State your MBTI type
    ENTJ

2. Describe what you admire most in others
    Smarts, A nice ass (in girls), honesty, relaxedness about life

3. Describe what you find most deplorable in others.
    Excessive competition, anybody bossing others around.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick
    2. Describe what you admire most in others. Honesty, competence, integrity, altruism, having an own mind, standing up for one's own rights, ...
    Tell it like it is!!

MBTI
    ENTP

Type is obvious by now, I should think...

I admire people who have the things I lack, as in personal qualities, not 'stuff'. I admire great accomplishment - people who achieve great skills through dedication and hard work - whether it's being able to bring me to tears by playing piano or someone who's just worked hard on themselves and transformed their life, recovered drug addicts/alcoholics, gays and transsexuals who have to risk everything to be true to themselves, or people who have been a real pain in the ass and then really sorted themselves out after a big 'oh shit' moment.

I admire the courage it takes to do those things; courage generally I admire.

I don't quite know where 'admire' crosses over witih 'like' or 'appreciate' here though... I mean I like being with intelligent people, but I don't really admire their intelligence because it's kind of inherent, it's not like they have to work at being intelligent. You are or you're not. But if they're intelligent and well educated, then I might admire the dedication and discipline it took for them to reach a high level of education, because I know that can be just as hard in different ways for intelligent people, as it is for those who are.... well... y'know.

I can't think of much I revile... except maybe cowardice... And I hate it when people use their flaws as an excuse for more flaws. Like people who claim they can't do the right thing because they're 'not a strong person' - to me, realising that I have a flaw means it's time to work on it, not an excuse to not bother with anything that's made difficult by that flaw.

Oh, I really, really revile that tendency some people have to use their emotions as a shield to protect them from the consequences of their own actions, or to control other people. Like my friend's mother who has ruined her daughter's life by being so demanding and overbearing that she's been unable to keep any jobs or boyfriends because of her. But whenever she tries to stand up to her, she just gets a barrage of emotional blackmail, about how much 'pain' it causes her mother to hear this stuff and how 'mean' she is, so my friend, being a sensitive and kind person, puts up with far more than she should out of misplaced guilt.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp

1. ISTJ

2. I admire people with a good sense of humor (most important), who are engaging, warm, fun, silly, sharp wit, charismatic, intelligent, modest, have integrity, consistency, are respectful of boundaries, polite, articulate, cultured, gutsy, passionate. I also admire people who do not care what others think and are not afraid to be themselves.

3. Most deplorable: Ignorance, pettiness, selfishness/self-centeredness, pretention, manipulators, liars, obnoxiousness (although sometimes this is fun at the right time/place/situation), inconsideration, cruelty, vengefulness.