User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    What traits do you admire most in others? What traits do you consider to be the worst? It would be interesting to compare and contrast each of the types. After enough entries I plan to make organize all the responses by type and see how it pans out.

1. State your MBTI type

2. Describe what you admire most in others

3. Describe what you find most deplorable in others.

4. Enjoy!

1. INFJ on Crack,lol.

2. Admire most- have good boundaries, are big kids, easy going, light-hearted, complexity, rich sense of humor, are an individual and are different then me too, people who follow their convictions and lead or minister by INSPIRING others but do not force their convictions on others, accepting, forgiving, thankful heart, proactive attitude, people who are secure, want to grow- seek to understand and are able to be vulnerable, interdependent, bold, kind, takes life by the horns, authentic and knows who they are, I LOVE PEOPLE WHO ARE CHARACTERS AND HAVE FLAIR, can admit they're wrongs and can apologize, are wise

3. Deplorable- having really really bad boundaries, bullying, indifference, controlling, invalidating other people's worth, don't appreciate anything, lack of or no sense of humor

4. Of course, I love sharing and seeing what others share
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

What traits do you admire most in others? What traits do you consider to be the worst? It would be interesting to compare and contrast each of the types. After enough entries I plan to make organize all the responses by type and see how it pans out.

1. State your MBTI type

4. Enjoy!
    1. ENFP

2. Imagination, compassion, loyalty, emotional strength, intellect

3. Bullying, ignorance, shallowness, lying, excessive complaining (we all complain a little bit )

4. Always!
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ

1. State your MBTI type: ENTJ

2. Describe what you admire most in others. Honesty, competence, integrity, altruism, having an own mind, standing up for one's own rights, ...

3. Describe what you find most deplorable in others. All the opposite of the response to question 2

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Yeah this bugs me too, but this dislike is a well-documented part of the Australian culture. It's often identified here as "the tall-poppy syndrome". However, I find it odd that you would share this dislike. Do you think it could be because of your Asian influences? I know that most Asian cultures are very group-oriented.
    I wasn't really sure about how to word what I meant, and I knew this "tall poppy syndrome" would be mentioned somewhere. That isn't *quite* what I meant..

I'm all for independance and individualism, that everyone is different and special from everyone else and all that, actually. If everyone chooses the blue cup then I don't see anything wrong with choosing the purple cup just to be different, or things like that. What bothers me is when people act out if there isn't a choice for them to express their individualism, which supposedly reflects their superior whatever traits.

I wrote half a page about this but I decided to delete it because I figured this would be clearer:

I do not appreciate myspace-style emo kids who do it just to be cool, and other people of like personality.

In other words,

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    When I read it, I took it to mean a sort of "hubris" -- they cannot handle the idea of being "ordinary" or that others are just as "special" as they are, because their self-identity is based on feeling superior or more special in some way, and this need to be "something more" than everyone else leads to a host of hurt and evils.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I do not appreciate myspace-style emo kids who do it just to be cool, and other people of like personality.
    I think these types are trying to prove their emo cred to fit in with the emo crowd rather than establish their "uniqueness". They might see it differently, but I've long since accepted that people tend to be uninterested in reflecting upon the psychological reasons behind their actions, and as a result don't even understand themselves very well.

Just to participate:

1.) INTJ

2.) I admire: efficiency, intelligence, cunning, drive, and the ability to remain collected and coolheaded.

3.) A la Maverick, I don't like the traits which stand in contrast to those stated above.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Type: INTx

Admire: Adaptability, ability to work hard, ability to solve problems and do a lot of things well, accomplishments, friendliness, ability to think long term.

Deplore: Social manipulation, mental laziness and weakness, excusing personal weakness as an "identity", expecting others to have weaknesses, pretending repetition is new, most types of "marketing", whether personal, advetising, or other attempts to jazz things up that don't deserve the attention (examples include anything with "politically incorrect" in the description, dating rituals, etc.), the negatives of the "admire", though a lack of focus on accomplishment and getting something done well are particularly deplorable to be, irresponsibility.

Enjoy: once I see the final results.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    If they are following some pre-made script of what an Emo kid should do, how an Emo kid should act and dress then they are not being non-comformist at all, but rather are following a pack just to fit an image. A form of mindless conformity. They may be rebelling against your group but they are simply following another group.

It is sort of the "be different, wear jeans" thing of America in the 70s. Now it is "Be different, wear the right brand of jeans." :rolli:

heart on fire

This discussion has diverged from niffer's reasonable comment, but it's worth exploring. What you describe is similar to small towns in the U.S. I won't live in a small town ever again because of my experiences. In my understanding the worst type of arrogance is the inability to acknowledge what is superior to oneself. The truth is there will always be someone kinder, more creative, more intelligent, more capable than 'you' (in the universal sense). The sooner a person can come to grips with that, the sooner they are operating in reality. There is nothing more arrogant than turning a blind eye, or worse ostracizing, someone with a superior trait. I realize plenty of people only imagine this superiority, and it is more justified to reject them for it if they stand alone, but group conceit is almost always present as well. It's partly why it's so offensive when an individual considers himself superior to the group. It offends the group's assumed dominance.
    What you say is true and it is probably also true that even more average people might supress their own unique traits or talents to better fit in with a group. A person can be different but not see themselves as superior or anything and yet others will label them strange if they don't fit into that particular group's cookie cutter model for being acceptable. I often wonder how much this kind of group pressure limits true human potiential for people no matter their talent level or intelligence level.

MBTI
    INTJ

1. State your MBTI type
    INTJ

Independance. Intelligence. The ability to be rational and logical. Loyalty. Consistency.

Dishonesty. Laziness. Lack of drive. Inability to commit. Someone who is overemotional ALL THE TIME.

4. Enjoy!
    Yes 'um!

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTP

1. State your MBTI type

4. Enjoy!
    I prefer the word respect.
    I respect people who do not try to find an answer outside of the question.