• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Criminals

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Which type has the most criminals?

My guess is INTJ.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Those being the "masterminds" kind of criminals.

I'd say the XXTJ crew in general is certainly up there.

*dodges incoming flak*

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
STP. Purely numerically speaking, that is.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Once again, criminality is not a function of type, but socioeconomic status

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Once again, criminality is not a function of type, but socioeconomic status

noz! I can't believe you said this. Not so. Edit: True that criminality is not a function of type. Not the rest of your statement, though.

My guess, without googling, would be that STPs make up a large number. Then we could get into what exactly comprises a criminal.

Engler

MBTI Type
Enneagram
N/A
While I find type theory to be fascinating, I am constantly shocked by the generalizations that are drawn solely because of a 4-letter code.

There is most likely very little correlation between one's MBTI type and their likelihood of being a criminal. INTJs are not necessarily evil, just as ESFPs are not necessarily optimistic.

If used correctly, it seems as though type theory can lead to some interesting insights. However, if incorrectly used, it can lead to groundless generalizations.

/end rant

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
While I find type theory to be fascinating, I am constantly shocked by the generalizations that are drawn solely because of a 4-letter code.

There is most likely very little correlation between one's MBTI type and their likelihood of being a criminal. INTJs are not necessarily evil, just as ESFPs are not necessarily optimistic.

If used correctly, it seems as though type theory can lead to some interesting insights. However, if incorrectly used, it can lead to groundless generalizations.

/end rant

Well I can't say I know how seriously TheChosenOne meant it but not everything has to be taken extra seriously. I ask you, wouldn't it make sense for T to be slightly likelier to "step on someone's toes" in order to get something he/she wants?

It's just fun.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I would guess more T types than F types.

Engler

MBTI Type
Enneagram
N/A
I ask you, wouldn't it make sense for T to be slightly likelier to "step on someone's toes" in order to get something he/she wants?

It's just fun.

It seems to be dependent on one's perspective.

While a Thinker may be more likely to detach themselves from their emotions, thus allowing them to "step on someone's toes", I can easily see a Feeler acting upon powerful, negative emotions in an evil fashion.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
It seems to be dependent on one's perspective.

While a Thinker may be more likely to detach themselves from their emotions, thus allowing them to "step on someone's toes", I can easily see a Feeler acting upon powerful, negative emotions in an evil fashion.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing just as I posted my last reply. Still the T still has a slight advantage since the "good" Fs neutralize the "evil" Fs :)

Engler

MBTI Type
Enneagram
N/A
Yeah I was thinking the same thing just as I posted my last reply. Still the T still has a slight advantage since the "good" Fs neutralize the "evil" Fs :)

Yes, I suppose I can agree with that statement.

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I think being an F I think I would only commit a serious crime and retaliate if someone did something to a family member or someone close to me. Or if I was poor and needed to steal food for my family..other than that I probably wouldn't.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
ESTPs without a doubt.
ENTPs are sometimes down for some crime.
INTPs break rules, but not as flamboyantly as ESTPs. Sneaky.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I think many criminals are actually planners, where they sort things out in advance. That's J right there. They're definitely thinkers as opposed to feelers, so T.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Yes, I think it's that premeditated aspect. When I have had crimial thoughts I think I've been more apt to day-dream about them rather than carry them out.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think many criminals are actually planners, where they sort things out in advance. That's J right there. They're definitely thinkers as opposed to feelers, so T.

I dno, I was the planner in my crime circle. And the more violent the crime, the better... coming from an Enneagram 9 Peacemaker ENFP who's terrified by conflict.

Never underestimate the power of addiction. All logic goes out the window, so I think its impossible to type criminals based on logical decisions.

Criminals who aren't addicted who commit crimes, maybe, but it also has a lot to deal with how you were raised and the values your parents did or didn't put on how to react to authority. Abuse also helps create criminals.

I originally didn't reply to this thread when I saw it yesterday since I'm ashamed of a lot of the stuff I've done, but I figure I might as well toss my experience into the ring.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I dno, I was the planner in my crime circle. And the more violent the crime, the better... coming from an Enneagram 9 Peacemaker ENFP who's terrified by conflict.

Never underestimate the power of addiction. All logic goes out the window, so I think its impossible to type criminals based on logical decisions.

Criminals who aren't addicted who commit crimes, maybe, but it also has a lot to deal with how you were raised and the values your parents did or didn't put on how to react to authority. Abuse also helps create criminals.

I originally didn't reply to this thread when I saw it yesterday since I'm ashamed of a lot of the stuff I've done, but I figure I might as well toss my experience into the ring.

Good points.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Yes, good points, Evan.

I was thinking just now about "addiction" to adrenaline rushes and how that could also enter into the mix.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it would depend on the crime- there's a difference between bank heists and prostitution ;)