• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ's are NOT machines

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
*ahem*
They feel very deep emotions, but just don't display them so much. Calling an INTJ a robot is stereotyping them and defeats the intention Jung had when he did his initial studies: so people could understand each other better, not stereotype someone.

Calling an INTJ a robot is like whipping it out and pissing all over Jung dead corpse after you've gone through the trouble of digging it up.
Absolutely agreed. My INTJ ex can come off as impersonal and may in his own way offend people without realizing it. At home, he was a real softie, FAR from a robot.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJs are'nt robot, it's INTPs who are , ISTJs are calculator.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
INTJs are hard on the outside, soft inside.:heart:

Like a dalek.
damage2.jpg

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
INTJs might not be total robots, but I still don't trust them around my AA batteries.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I never said they'd get pissed off.
Just that I'm pissed off and hate being called a robot.
robots are simple and I'm much more complex.

Ah! It's the assumption about what robot is. I'm sure some look at robots as consistent and non-emotional logic and consider that a good thing. It's not the "programmed to do something"

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I had an INTJ brother, he was a big softie inside.
But he looked, acted, smelled like a robot and was around video-games etc, so much you wouldn't guess.
note: His hugs hurt at times!
No the few ones I know are far from being robots. But they can be very "mathematical" in their emotions when they are pissed off, it's a bit scary at times.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
PROOF INTJs ARE NOT MACHINES:

[YOUTUBE="Xu2xJ_krS_E"]Mr. Darcy[/YOUTUBE]

Works

MBTI Type
INTP
PROOF INTJs ARE NOT MACHINES:

[YOUTUBE="Mr. Darcy"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu2xJ_krS_E[/YOUTUBE]

Sure takes him a lot of time to run that proposal application.

Probably has too many processes running the background.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Definitely not robots. They can be romantic at the core. It just takes time & trust for that to be more apparent. :wubbie::D

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
INTJs are hard on the outside, soft inside.:heart:

Like a dalek.
:dont:
No no no no...

INTJs are cybermen.. the only emotion left is exasperation that the rest of us are still bumbling fleshy things... totally inefficient. After the conversion process is complete we'll all be INTJs... of course some will be more INTJ than the others but that's jumping the gun...or in this case, ray gun.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
We seem "robot-like" because our Ni and Fi are not superficially visible and obvious, as opposed to our Te and Se. We look like Spock on the outside, but on the inside we are mushy, illogical, and sentimental as hell.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
We seem "robot-like" because our Ni and Fi are not superficially visible and obvious, as opposed to our Te and Se. We look like Spock on the outside, but on the inside we are mushy, illogical, and sentimental as hell.

:yes: Ridiculously so!

MBTI Type
INxJ
Calling an INTJ a robot is like whipping it out and pissing all over Jung dead corpse after you've gone through the trouble of digging it up.

Very funny lol

TJs often treat themselves as robots. "Sleep? I NEED NO SLEEP!" and all that.

I have a bad habit of not eating. Or preparing something to eat, and not touching it again even though it's sitting in front of me. I will be genuinely hungry but end up ignoring it, because it will take time away from current mental activities. 10 hours later when my brain isn't functioning at optimum capacity, I force myself to consume fuel.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
*ahem*
They feel very deep emotions, but just don't display them so much.
Way to go, bro! I am glad somebody other than me said this for once. I sometimes hate how people get all confused when I actually show emotions; especially if then they try to make me believe that "I can't be an INTJ, because I have a pulse". :dry:

Seriously people, we do have feelings and emotions, we just don't always pay attention to them all the time, try to analyze'em once they're noticed and most of all we do not go around talking about it all the time.

Lately, I was completely stressed without even knowing and got very confused about what the Hell is wrong with me and why I behave different than normally. Then a friend actually noticed that I was stressed down to the bones. She made me sit down and think about what was different and then "diagnosed" me. When I thought about it I realized that she was right, I wondered why I couldn't figure it out on my own. She had a very true answer for me: "I think it's also tougher for Ts because you don't always recognize the feelings until they turn into physical symptoms."
See? We just don't pay much attention to feelings most of the time. We are not robots. :shock:

I have a bad habit of not eating. Or preparing something to eat, and not touching it again even though it's sitting in front of me. I will be genuinely hungry but end up ignoring it, because it will take time away from mental activities. 10 hours later when my brain isn't functioning at optimum capacity, I force myself to consume fuel.
Oh, glad I am not the only one like that here. And that's actually where my stress often comes from. *lol* :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

And I love seeing all that great inside stuff.

MBTI Type
INxJ
We are not robots. :shock:

I find it funny. INTJs are actually the least logical of all the dominant thinkers. The robot impression probably comes from the notorious aloof demeanor, and psychologically distant interactions with other people. I agree with Ni and Fi being under the hood. Anything accessible, relatable, or soft isn't seen often.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
everyone knows INTPs are the cynical robot stiffs

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I find it funny. INTJs are actually the least logical of all the dominant thinkers. The robot impression probably comes from the notorious aloof demeanor, and psychologically distant interactions with other people.
Well, the robo thought itself is funny, yes. But what is not funny is if you have to argue with people who think they "know you better" only because you don't have the "typical" robo-behaviour. It's like "Dudes, don't you have anything better to do?" :dry:

Other then that: horray for robos? :D