User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you "good" at cutting your losses?

64. You may not vote on this poll
  • NTJ: Yes

12 18.75%
  • NTJ: No

1 1.56%
  • NTP: Yes

12 18.75%
  • NTP: No

4 6.25%
  • STP: Yes

1 1.56%
  • STP: No

1 1.56%
  • STJ: Yes

2 3.13%
  • STJ: No

0 0%
  • SFJ: Yes

2 3.13%
  • SFJ: No

1 1.56%
  • SFP: Yes

0 0%
  • SFP: No

2 3.13%
  • NFP: Yes

6 9.38%
  • NFP: No

13 20.31%
  • NFJ: Yes

6 9.38%
  • NFJ: No

1 1.56%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cutting your losses

homo-loving sonovagun Array anii's Avatar

I used to carry torches and nurse grudges. Not so much these days.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears:

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    I'm an odd combination. I'm endlessly forgiving, I give people I let into my life lots of chances, but once they pass the point of no return, I can walk away and never look back.
    I should learn to be smarter about my forgiveness though because I am literally endlessly forgiving; it takes a LOT for me to want to cut someone from my life and not see them anymore. Meanwhile, I continue to let things pass, and I suffer, again and again.

It's pretty interesting to read this.
    I tend to have a memory stained with emotions and unfortunately a knack for "seeing things in others".
    I basically live believing that over 90% of the things in life are subject to loss and are only temporary. So I do cling on to everything around me, whatever they are.
    but at times I wanna protect myself and whenever someone gets to close, the prospect of losing them or it makes me accelerate the process. It doesn't seem to make sense I know but...
    It's kind of being torn between" take full advantage while it's there!" and "What's the point if it's going to end anyways?".
    I'm a big grudge holder, sometimes I decide to save myself from the obsession and simply "get out while it's not too deep yet".
    I'm basically a coward in love.
    But I'm very resilient emotionally when it comes to losing people or big events etc...
    I'd say I do cut my losses in most cases.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

I have a hard time "cutting my losses" in many instances. It is very difficult, but I am learning to do it. Just this Thursday something happened that really would have bothered me, but I realized if that's the other person's problem so be it - it's not my problem anymore...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"

4 so/sp

I think I'm pretty good at cutting losses. I definitely give plenty of room for benefit of the doubt and getting to know the person, but once I realize it's just not going anywhere, or isn't gonna work, I can cut off pretty easily. I've just decided over time that if a relationship is not mutually beneficial to both parties, there isn't much purpose in continuing the relationship. So if one person is getting a whole lot more out of the relationship than the other, or one is really having to flex a lot just to keep the relationship alive, then it isn't positive overall.

In a few cases - typically romantic - it CAN take me a while to internally reach a point where I've accepted it and cease to have hope -- Even though externally I ended it with the person, or the other ended it with me.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints