• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cutting your losses

Are you "good" at cutting your losses?

• NTJ: Yes

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • NTJ: No

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • NTP: Yes

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • NTP: No

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • STP: Yes

• STP: No

• STJ: Yes

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • STJ: No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SFJ: Yes

• SFJ: No

• SFP: Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SFP: No

• NFP: Yes

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • NFP: No

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • NFJ: Yes

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • NFJ: No

• Total voters

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I used to carry torches and nurse grudges. Not so much these days.

Lymitra

I'm an odd combination. I'm endlessly forgiving, I give people I let into my life lots of chances, but once they pass the point of no return, I can walk away and never look back.

Same.
I should learn to be smarter about my forgiveness though because I am literally endlessly forgiving; it takes a LOT for me to want to cut someone from my life and not see them anymore. Meanwhile, I continue to let things pass, and I suffer, again and again.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
It's pretty interesting to read this.
I tend to have a memory stained with emotions and unfortunately a knack for "seeing things in others".
I basically live believing that over 90% of the things in life are subject to loss and are only temporary. So I do cling on to everything around me, whatever they are.
but at times I wanna protect myself and whenever someone gets to close, the prospect of losing them or it makes me accelerate the process. It doesn't seem to make sense I know but...
It's kind of being torn between" take full advantage while it's there!" and "What's the point if it's going to end anyways?".
I'm a big grudge holder, sometimes I decide to save myself from the obsession and simply "get out while it's not too deep yet".
I'm basically a coward in love.
But I'm very resilient emotionally when it comes to losing people or big events etc...
I'd say I do cut my losses in most cases.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have a hard time "cutting my losses" in many instances. It is very difficult, but I am learning to do it. Just this Thursday something happened that really would have bothered me, but I realized if that's the other person's problem so be it - it's not my problem anymore...

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I'm pretty good at cutting losses. I definitely give plenty of room for benefit of the doubt and getting to know the person, but once I realize it's just not going anywhere, or isn't gonna work, I can cut off pretty easily. I've just decided over time that if a relationship is not mutually beneficial to both parties, there isn't much purpose in continuing the relationship. So if one person is getting a whole lot more out of the relationship than the other, or one is really having to flex a lot just to keep the relationship alive, then it isn't positive overall.

In a few cases - typically romantic - it CAN take me a while to internally reach a point where I've accepted it and cease to have hope -- Even though externally I ended it with the person, or the other ended it with me.