User Tag List

First 6789 Last

I will resurrect this one.

MBTI
    xxxx

Aw... you dug this up for me, didn't you? <3

To me, Ni seems like a function you'd use to grasp the more complex things you'd miss with Si. Some unconscious sense where you understand everything, but on the conscious level there's no way in the world to explain it.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

It's really interesting!

MBTI has been helping me to start using it more. As an Ne dom I have a natural respect for iNtuition, but I like how Ni offers a perspective I hadn't really considered, much of the time.

Often I'm too busy building new stuff out of the pieces that I don't stop wonder why I need to be playing with these pieces in the first place.

I spend so much time completely ignoring the accepted method that I miss out on what advantages I could gain if I were to consider the assumptions inherent in the accepted method and think about why it's accepted.

Instead I usually just ignore it entirely and invent my own method, but since discovering MBTI I've made more of an effort to consider the basic assumptions on which my own approaches are based and try looking at them from a different perspective.

Ni dominant types are probably the most interesting to me, because it's so similar yet so foreign.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Aw... you dug this up for me, didn't you? <3

To me, Ni seems like a function you'd use to grasp the more complex things you'd miss with Si. Some unconscious sense where you understand everything, but on the conscious level there's no way in the world to explain it.
    Yes and No.
    I was thinking about resurrecting it anyway. You just gave me a direct reason.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    It's really interesting!

MBTI has been helping me to start using it more. As an Ne dom I have a natural respect for iNtuition, but I like how Ni offers a perspective I hadn't really considered, much of the time.

Often I'm too busy building new stuff out of the pieces that I don't stop wonder why I need to be playing with these pieces in the first place.

I spend so much time completely ignoring the accepted method that I miss out on what advantages I could gain if I were to consider the assumptions inherent in the accepted method and think about why it's accepted.

Instead I usually just ignore it entirely and invent my own method, but since discovering MBTI I've made more of an effort to consider the basic assumptions on which my own approaches are based and try looking at them from a different perspective.

Ni dominant types are probably the most interesting to me, because it's so similar yet so foreign.
    Yes, but being Ni- dom can make you very socially awkward and even conversations with people can be a challange. Unless you are pretending you are just another guy/girl. (aka Joe normal)

On the other hand the idea of Ni can explain why there is such a gap between me and people around me.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Ni is full of areas that are really fucking dense, lots of webs and connections, with big holes and grey/dead areas where we have no idea at all and are just unmapped and thusly ungraspable

Ne is more continuous and kind of ebb and flow, big picture, wide-ranging lens, spending less attn to detail on low-level detail and focus on the overall landscape, the overall topography, the patterns are stored in the world and not just in my representational mapping of it

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I would like to punch it in the face.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

WTF?
    Lol.

I like the velocity of Ne. Ni seems less exciting.

MBTI
    INTP

Say hi or rather bye to Leo. Isn't that illegal? :1377:

MBTI
    entp

its Ne i cant get a handle on...as my dominant, im never even aware of it till after i see what it has done

Ni, for me, is 'thinking' (for the lack of a better word) too fast, too much about something...it gives me headaches but i can identify it when i use it...its literally diving in the pool of my inner conscious and coming up with whatever lives that deep

Ne subbed with Ni...how thatd be siik