User Tag List

First 56789 Last

I don't want to open a new thread for this.

Question for people with strong Ni.

Did you ever come to realiztion that Ni is preventing you from forming a clear personaity?

Which is because you can see so many facts and outcomes at once that you can't treat things and events as something that is close to your heart.

For me it can happens that I function best if I have alone time between doing different things. Which is because when I am doing something my mind is litteraly fooded with data and it is set in a way that I will be able to process those things. But when I continue with something that is quite different I must transform the way how my entire mind functions. If we are talking about things that are quite simple and earthy then there is no problem but if only one activity is not I will do my job much better if I have time for transformation.

I don't know how many times it happened to me that people were sure that I like something but I don't. I don't know what to say to them because back then I worked in a different mind set then now. One thing is lying but I actually trully think what I say and I stand behind it. But wait for sometime and I will not be exactly as I was.

To confuse people even more I am the one that is always pushing for more organization and logic. So this look like I am playing games with them.

The thing is that I am aways aware of very large amount of data when I do something and I have that much data for another activity. So it takes time to replace data that I needed with new data for new activity. And when I am am aware of specific data it defines my personality. So as I am changing the data of which I am aware in my mind I am also changing myself as a person.(to some degree)

Many times I see different outcomes and for each I have different logic which I will use if it happens that it comes to that scenario. Also I can claim that something is bad and then something happens and I change my entire logic/goal but that means that the thing that was bad in now good. Which is something that most people have problem understanding.

So I can never say "This is me!" and be fully correct.

For now I will keep it short just to see if someone relates but this is not the entire thing.

If someone thinks WTF after this post, they are quite free to say why they think that.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I actually relate to a lot of what you wrote - particularly what I've bolded.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial One
    I don't want to open a new thread for this.

Question for people with strong Ni.

Did you ever come to realiztion that Ni is preventing you from forming a clear personaity?

Which is because you can see so many facts and outcomes at once that you can't treat things and events as something that is close to your heart.

For me it can happens that I function best if I have alone time between doing different things. Which is because when I am doing something my mind is litteraly fooded with data and it is set in a way that I will be able to process those things. But when I continue with something that is quite different I must transform the way how my entire mind functions. If we are talking about things that are quite simple and earthy then there is no problem but if only one activity is not I will do my job much better if I have time for transformation.

I don't know how many times it happened to me that people were sure that I like something but I don't. I don't know what to say to them because back then I worked in a different mind set then now. One thing is lying but I actually trully think what I say and I stand behind it. But wait for sometime and I will not be exactly as I was.

To confuse people even more I am the one that is always pushing for more organization and logic. So this look like I am playing games with them.

The thing is that I am aways aware of very large amount of data when I do something and I have that much data for another activity. So it takes time to replace data that I needed with new data for new activity. And when I am am aware of specific data it defines my personality. So as I am changing the data of which I am aware in my mind I am also changing myself as a person.(to some degree)

Many times I see different outcomes and for each I have different logic which I will use if it happens that it comes to that scenario. Also I can claim that something is bad and then something happens and I change my entire logic/goal but that means that the thing that was bad in now good. Which is something that most people have problem understanding.

The last statement I believe is why I have issues taking personality tests. Everything is quite situational for me, and if I think too much about my personality, I get confused regarding it. :-) So I've kinda stopped analyzing my personality to the extent I used to. It's ultimately rather pointless for me.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ni is weird but I'm pretty sure I have a clear understanding of how it works. It's just weird how it's applied to the NJ's lives, especially INJs.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    I actually relate to a lot of what you wrote - particularly what I've bolded.

The last statement I believe is why I have issues taking personality tests. Everything is quite situational for me, and if I think too much about my personality, I get confused regarding it. :-) So I've kinda stopped analyzing my personality to the extent I used to. It's ultimately rather pointless for me.

I too have problems with many personality tests.
    If it means something I was typing that post for about 2 hours just to make sure I get it straight. But I can't remember any particular sensory data for that time.

If recall correctly on function strength test there was a question about this kinds of things.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Ne is about possibility. Picture a tree.

Ni is about certitude. Picture a pyramid.
    Cool analogy. If it's true it sure does help understand Ni a little better.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Just as the extraverted intuitive is continually scenting out new [p. 507] possibilities, which he pursues with an equal unconcern both for his own welfare and for that of others, pressing on quite heedless of human considerations, tearing down what has only just been established in his everlasting search for change,
    Interesting, I see a possible connection to the "dauntless" type 4 SP here...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Ne is about possibility. Picture a tree.

Ni is about certitude. Picture a pyramid.
    Ni in service of Te and being fed info by Se produces certitude about what to do next. Picture a CEO.

Ni itself is the same as Ne but looking inward at the world of... of... yeah, okay, the world of the a priori. The symbolic structure of fucking everything. (As recreated by and filtered through a given person's ability to take up information.)

We can see through your clothes.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Is Ni in way preventing you form creating a clear personality traits and opinions?(at least from perspective of others)

It happened to me that someone said "that there are only 2 options" but when I take a look there are already couple more options, which then start to multiply and few seconds after the entire thing comes in contact with my scientific knowledge which is interested in cosmic scales when it comes to space and billions of years when it comes to time. (I am professionaly into geology and amateur when it comes to astronomy)

So the number of options goes of the scale and everything becomes so complex that it is impossible to verbalize it. But you can understand it without too much problem.
    Because of that I must ignore the big picture and scientific knowledge if I want to make some decision about normal everyday things.

The thing is that I don't make difference between : economy, science, politics, health, my future job, philosophy and everyday activities.
    For me all of this is one and there are no borders between them. (at least for me)

Because of this my line of thought is pretty much impossble to follow if I don't do something about it.
    So when someone asks "What are your interests?" I am not sure what to say to them to tell them the real truth. That is why I said clear personality traits, since you can't verbalize your actual self. What means that it can be quire hard to show yourself as a person in mental sense.
    your mental map is complex. you see the big picture. you use Te to hierarchically organize between the layers of scale within the big picture in your internal imagined environment/virtual space.

my intj friend main operates visually. language is NOT ready-at-hand for her. i'm an infj. for me, type or type be damned, it is. i allow feeling-tones and different shades of meaning, feeling, subjective value, emotional experience, musicality, chords and colour to all operate simultaneously. Fe and Ti are much different than Te and Fi. to me i need no common denominator. i construct holographic impressions out of unlike terms and it all just flows when i start talking. for her she needs to organize her shit more before she is ready to speak. the big picture is a lot to take in. how do you explain the big picture from point zero, an un-located decontextualized hypothetical point of beginning. in philosophy intj is the systematic philosopher like a martin heidegger type. hermeneutics and the hermeneutic circle. how to explain relationships that construct a meaningful map of maps. meta-meaning, meaning that means much across many different levels of analysis, that is connected at ways that are unapparent within one domain. etc. you are a complex thinker, and your imagination sees more information than your Te can keep up with. you go slower, but Te as a methodical fact-checker and translater and like-term function will get there (and with great accuracy!). but with the ebb and flow of the big picture, with new information, the whole SYSTEM feels it ecologically, the circuit itself is different, insight and INFORMATION induce very powerful changes, vomiting etc, and you can reconfigure a LOT of yourself on a little systemic temperature change.

Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    [b]I've often referred to intuition as "the map," although that's simplifying it a bit. Intuition is the database of all your experiences thusfar, objective and subjective, and all the information you have collected over your lifetime. It seems to me N's will send an autonomous "agent" through our map to gather information about the subject that we're experiencing. That agent is actually able to do any reasoning functions itself based on your F or T preferences, but separated from our conscious minds. Then it feeds us the conclusion it comes to.

The agent is, of course, subject to your same state-of-mind, so depending on that, and depending on the amount of information you have already collected about the subject, the results will be accurate or inaccurate.

S-types have intuition, they just don't pay much attention to it. I notice that with the S-types in my life that information for them is like a dump. Ask for details on a subject and they can relate volumes of information, but there doesn't appear to be much reflection involved, nor do they seem to connect this information to other pieces of "unrelated" information the way N-types do.

I don't know how true this is of anybody else, but I have been able to turn inward and look at the abstract way that my mind handles information. Concepts appear in my head as abstract shapes. I'm most aware of these processes when I'm writing fiction. My muse throws shape at me, and those shapes can represent very complicated concepts, but I'll know instantly how this concept affects every single aspect of the fiction I'm currently writing. "Oh, that's a good idea, but I need to change this and this and this for it to work."
    this metaphor is great. the autonomous agent is a brilliant concept and to me FEELS soooo true. i think it feels like a REALLY aggressive semantic priming function. we direct a LOT of attention to feeling out potential connections, associations, meanings, etc. we get deeper into each symbolic object and trace its thru traffic.

i think it has to do with mood as well, the particular like set of symbolic landmarks in our awareness that affects/effects the emotional colour of our current environment. our attitude or attunement, the character of the scene going on around and within us. looking for details with the larger FRAME of reference in mind. like lynchian or something similarly stretchy.

think about tripping on mushrooms. N vs S. imagination vs physical reality. our semantic priming is jacked up so high, the journey is more exciting for us than the distorted analogue sensation of the physical world. we are spending way more resources searching for meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post

again i think this has to do with being somewhat ruled by insight, by idea, by a mentally complex environment in which our entire set of understandings about the world and our own place in it resides and is symbolically acted out by representational pieces on a gameboard. we understand how much is behind the surface of things, what lies dormant underneath, the sense of vast like virtual potential pooling within and underneath each and every object. it- via symbolization- can connect and effect and causally (impulse! charge!) relate to each and every other object. the world is flux, change, dynamic and moving and information is what is flowing thru its veins. we are following it with fine-toothed comb. of course we notice slight and ever-so-situational and contextual and uniquely specific deviations from imagined norms, perceived selves, sythesized and integrated unities, etc.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    What?
    Exactly. What?
    Last edited by BallentineChen; 03-19-2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Adding link.
    "For a man who wants to make a profession of good in all regards must come to ruin among so many who are not good. Hence it is necessary to a prince, if he wants to maintain himself, to learn to be able not to be good, and to use this and not use it according to necessity."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Well its one of 3 of my developed functions after Ti and Ne.

I think its the subconcience. Like the part of you that looks at the rest of you without you realising. Thus when you realise what it has been doing you have a haha moment and think you have suddenly noticed something in an instant when really you have just noticed what your mind has been noticing and thinking about for a while behind the scenes.. That also explains why Ni people sleep on problems - as your not concience in sleep but there is proof that your mind actually act out reality - and why very I people have a lot of it whether J or P - as they notice whats going on in there a lot.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!