User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

I respect it, and I give my SO plenty of time to engage in it.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

in the simplest terms:

Ni is supercomputing. its Meta Analysis of all the Se you've taken in to feed the Ni... the computer then spews out its conclusions without any detailed 'work' to prove that the meta analysis has been accurate

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    So basicly it all comes down to that no one knows what it is and how to imagine it?

Now one question For Ni users.

Is Ni in way preventing you form creating a clear personality traits and opinions?
    (at least from perspective of others)

It happened to me that someone said "that there are only 2 options" but when I take a look there are already couple more options, which then start to multiply and few seconds after the entire thing comes in contact with my scientific knowledge which is interested in cosmic scales when it comes to space and billions of years when it comes to time. (I am professionaly into geology and amateur when it comes to astronomy)

So the number of options goes of the scale and everything becomes so complex that it is impossible to verbalize it. But you can understand it without too much problem.
    Because of that I must ignore the big picture and scientific knowledge if I want to make some decision about normal everyday things.

But because of this I am very reserved in life since I look at everything in way that is too complex and I have to ignore large parts of myself to be able to function in everyday tasks.

The thing is that I don't make difference between : economy, science, politics, health, my future job, philosophy and everyday activities.
    For me all of this is one and there are no borders between them. (at least for me)

Because of this my line of thought is pretty much impossble to follow if I don't do something about it.
    So when someone asks "What are your interests?" I am not sure what to say to them to tell them the real truth. That is why I said clear personality traits, since you can't verbalize your actual self. What means that it can be quire hard to show yourself as a person in mental sense.

It took 90 minutes to type this post, because I wanted to make sure that my words actually describe something.
    But during that time I actually started to understand how problematic this actaully is.
    I could say more but that would make entire thing much less understandable so I will stop here.

I am sorry if this doesn't make much sense to some people.
    OMG, this whole post describes myself perfectly!
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I kind of think that's how most Ni types behave. Nearly psychic sage one moment, then half-witted twit the next.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

no real world than your own real world

I think, to give the exact opposite, my basic fear is to loose my mind. Which would start when I end to get checked through others on my thoughts on a regular basis. Of course this can drive you mad anyways in the end, because everyone tells you otherwise.

The thing is, I think if nobody would get a N-based joke I just made, I would think that I am insane.

Therefore my conclusion: I have no idea what Ni is
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    I

My Ni is not good at all. Therefore I respect people with good Ni.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Because of that I must ignore the big picture and scientific knowledge if I want to make some decision about normal everyday things.

But because of this I am very reserved in life since I look at everything in way that is too complex and I have to ignore large parts of myself to be able to function in everyday tasks.
    Do you think a big factor leading to this was your upbringing (childhood, social environment, etc.), acting along with Ni tendencies? I think they could both be significant factors, though you may have meant that and just not wasted time on the obvious. It seems normal that we must technically shrink or limit the big picture temporarily to deal with everyday problems and events.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Ne is about possibility. Picture a tree.

Ni is about certitude. Picture a pyramid.

MBTI
    INTP

I am sure that there has been similar threads, but I am starting this one once again.

In short.

What do you think about Ni and how do imagine it?
    I imagine it as guiding force or gut feeling. Like your doing something and just know that it's the right cource of action. An INTJ would use Te to backup that gut feeling with "logic". Your Ni says, this is the right direction, or this should work. Te connects the dots in the physical world.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I misread the title of the post before I wrote all this, (I missed the "non" part), and I'd hate to delete it, so take it how you will, I guess.

I think Apollanaut is pretty much on-the-money here.

I've often referred to intuition as "the map," although that's simplifying it a bit. Intuition is the database of all your experiences thusfar, objective and subjective, and all the information you have collected over your lifetime. It seems to me N's will send an autonomous "agent" through our map to gather information about the subject that we're experiencing. That agent is actually able to do any reasoning functions itself based on your F or T preferences, but separated from our conscious minds. Then it feeds us the conclusion it comes to.

The agent is, of course, subject to your same state-of-mind, so depending on that, and depending on the amount of information you have already collected about the subject, the results will be accurate or inaccurate.

S-types have intuition, they just don't pay much attention to it. I notice that with the S-types in my life that information for them is like a dump. Ask for details on a subject and they can relate volumes of information, but there doesn't appear to be much reflection involved, nor do they seem to connect this information to other pieces of "unrelated" information the way N-types do.

I don't know how true this is of anybody else, but I have been able to turn inward and look at the abstract way that my mind handles information. Concepts appear in my head as abstract shapes. I'm most aware of these processes when I'm writing fiction. My muse throws shape at me, and those shapes can represent very complicated concepts, but I'll know instantly how this concept affects every single aspect of the fiction I'm currently writing. "Oh, that's a good idea, but I need to change this and this and this for it to work."
    INFJ
    4w5