First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Ni's a myth.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I really have no idea what Ni really stands for.
    For me intuition picks on paterns and things, external you know.

What is there to pick up within you? I mean, enough to keep you interested. And how do you relate to the external world.

em, explain ! NOW!
    It's just intuition focused on your current thought process/unconscious state. It's depth based as opposed to breadth based. It feedbacks on itself as opposed to trying to make ideas about everything the user sees.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    It's just intuition focused on your current thought process/unconscious state. It's depth based as opposed to breadth based. It feedbacks on itself as opposed to trying to make ideas about everything the user sees.
    Do you really think Ni primary works the Ti way you explained that, with that Fi notion ?

Or do you think as I do that being a N primary means insanity not rationality and that there is more to it to the whole NJ thing ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    What do I think about Ni?

I admire the Knights who say it.
    I am both joyous at this splendid joke, and sad that the amazing world of Ni is unknown to you. It is the world that creates worlds.

MBTI
    ENTP

My preferred way of understanding the functions is in terms of each other. So, say, if Si means minimizing change, Ni means minimizing sensation.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    My preferred way of understanding the functions is in terms of each other. So, say, if Si means minimizing change, Ni means minimizing sensation.
    While I think I would prefer to be more extroverted -- it would make so many social aspects of life easier, I LOVE my Ni. But I also consider myself a sensuous person. It is not sensuality without restraint, it is like saving something really special so you can savor it with all your physical senses. I think the Ni helps you imagine new things that will be sensually fabulous.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Erudur View Post
    While I think I would prefer to be more extroverted -- it would make so many social aspects of life easier, I LOVE my Ni. But I also consider myself a sensuous person. It is not sensuality without restraint, it is like saving something really special so you can savor it with all your physical senses. I think the Ni helps you imagine new things that will be sensually fabulous.
    well that sounds all sorts of scrumptious...let me have that ni...yum...yummm...thanks
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Erudur View Post
    Ni people also tend to have Se, which is a lot more fun than Si.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Here's an analogy that occurred to me:

The inner world of the mind can be seen as similar to the internet, in that data is organised in "webpages" which can be linked in many different ways, or cross-referenced via "weblinks". In this analogy, Ni works in a similar manner to a web browser (such as Internet Explorer).

To put it another way, one of Ni's functions is to navigate through inner space. In this role it has no specific agenda of its own and remains somewhat detached from the information it unearths. However, its power is awesome! By clicking the mental mouse we can shift our frame of reference entirely, follow a data stream wherever it may lead us, zoom in to examine something in more and more detail, or zoom out to get a bigger and bigger picture.

There are also drawbacks: for example, just like the Internet, this ability is so entrancing that it is possible to whitter away hours chasing after elusive information or living entirely in an inner fantasy world. (As a dom Ni-type, I plead guilty to both of the above!).

Taking this analogy one step further, I would postulate that Si also deals primarily with this inner Internet, but in a different role - possibly a sort of curator who manages the data flow, enforces rules and procedures, assigns categories to new information and archives, catalogues and retrieves data. The "search" function may be an example of Si in action.

Now, I'm not an IT expert, so my analogy could be inaccurate, but it does feel like a good description of the way my own Ni operates. I'd appreciate feedback on this idea (ooer, that's putting my neck on the proverbial chopping block!) :eek:
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Do you really think Ni primary works the Ti way you explained that, with that Fi notion ?

Or do you think as I do that being a N primary means insanity not rationality and that there is more to it to the whole NJ thing ?
    What?