User Tag List

First 1234 Last

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I really have no idea what Ni really stands for.
    For me intuition picks on paterns and things, external you know.

What is there to pick up within you? I mean, enough to keep you interested. And how do you relate to the external world.

em, explain ! NOW!
    For me, it's just a sudden realization of what needs to be done in certain circumstances or with certain resources for a specific goal, also about realizing the potential over time of of objects and systems. Sometimes it's hard to go back and logically justify how I reached my conclusions, but they're often right. I've found myself saying "Just trust me!" a lot.

My ENFJ friend displayed how his was used when he "just knew" that a particular car we saw was fleeing from the cops discretely. We had to look around to see the cop car in the parking lot, another car that was distracting that car, and other clues that would lead to that conclusion for him. He's also able to make snap-judgments of people that are often right.. I'm in absolute awe of his abilities in that respect. It's apparent that his Ni is being used, but backing Fe rather than Te as mine does.. his insights tend to be more about social cues and potential of people.

With regard to time-based potential, I'm talking forseeing something like years ahead regarding how things will unfold. For me, it can be about planning systems for some future gain; for him, it can be about who's going to be a worthwhile friend in the future.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't really understand what it is. Half of the descriptions make it sound like psychic powers and the other half make it sound like something that everyone with half a brain does. I guess it's somewhere in between...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I don't really understand what it is. Half of the descriptions make it sound like psychic powers and the other half make it sound like something that everyone with half a brain does. I guess it's somewhere in between...
    Think of it the same way you think of the four archtypes of NT, NF, SP, and SJ. Ni, are the INxx, Ne are the ENxx, Ti are the IxTx, and Te are the ExTx. It's the same concept as the four categories..a general way of splitting up the 16 types, though the types came around well after Jung was active. It's basically the ways that people make decisions and what they do with them.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Think of it the same way you think of the four archtypes of NT, NF, SP, and SJ. Ni, are the INxx, Ne are the ENxx, Ti are the IxTx, and Te are the ExTx. It's the same concept as the four categories..a general way of splitting up the 16 types, though the types came around well after Jung was active. It's basically the ways that people make decisions and what they do with them.
    I know what it is, I just don't know what it is, if you know what I mean.

Also, in the MBTI framework, INxP and ENxP use Ne while ENxJ and INxJ use Ni.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

It's voodoo.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    It's voodoo.
    you mean you caught me dancing? I swear, this dool isn't minneee
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    He's also able to make snap-judgments of people that are often right.. I'm in absolute awe of his abilities in that respect. It's apparent that his Ni is being used, but backing Fe rather than Te as mine does.. his insights tend to be more about social cues and potential of people.

With regard to time-based potential, I'm talking forseeing something like years ahead regarding how things will unfold. For me, it can be about planning systems for some future gain; for him, it can be about who's going to be a worthwhile friend in the future.
    I think I experience it like your friend does. It feels like I see things as a whole and can tell you the big picture before I can tell you the bits and pieces of what's going on. I enjoy going back over the bits and pieces to discover which ones are crucial elements and help myself have a more thorough understanding.

I think I use it a lot in relating to people. For example, it usually seems obvious to me which people are good and trustworthy and which ones aren't. I used to think everyone could see this and I couldn't understand why people got scammed or taken advantage of. I had an SP friend who was horrible at knowing whom to trust. I used to get so aggravated at her because it seemed to me like she was making intentionally stupid decisions. It was so obvious that that person was up to no good yet she appeared to ignore it until it got her in trouble.

It feels like something that anyone with half a brain would do. I'm always surprised when others don't come to the same conclusions because it all seems so obvious. Except they don't feel like "conclusions" because I'm not aware of putting pieces together. It just seems obvious. Like looking at a word and knowing how to pronounce it. If you study the rules of phonics, you can explain how to pronounce the word. If you don't study phonics, you may still know how to pronounce the word but not be aware of which rules you are following and why. Your brain just sorts through everything and puts it together for you.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I would described the Ni as being larger than life. Their imagination farther out, than maybe even Ne because of how reserved they can be. Ni's are mystical, and very secretive, letting little out of the huge resevoir of imagination that they hold dearly. They are unpredictable, and see events before they occur.
    Good description! We're a little like Dr Who's TARDIS - larger on the inside.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

While the Ne dumbs an old idea and replaces it with a new one, the Ni is more inclined to see how the new idea corresponds to the old one and looks for cross-reference.

For example I dumbed MBTI and went to Socionics, while other people for example try to look for an unified-field-theory-like-thing .

I dont think Ni is pretty strong in NJ's; to the INTJ it can be analysis and to the INFJ it can be a highly personalized world, in which certain things provoke emotions, you cannot be aware of as an outstander.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    That's about right!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush