User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    You are equating "intuitive" with sub or pre-conscious thought i.e. traditional understanding of right hemisphere processing.

MBTI N vs. S doesn't test for that. It more about possibilities vs actualities.

Interesting (wacky!) theory tho'.
    wacky indeed.

Was just going a bit random to make the talk bounce out of 'good vs bad'.
    Everybody knows james bond owns rocks, and he's the sensor for god's sake.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    As with any trait, there isn't a "fail-proof" test because 6+ billion people don't fit neatly into 16 boxes, let alone 2. You can make some rough generalizations and predictions, but nothing can ever be absolute.
    THE RESULTS ARE IN FROM TEST OFFICE X.

Employees SP1, SJ1, NF1, and NT1 are staring out their office window, thinking....

SP1: "It sure is a nice day outside, I should be out there having fun."

SJ1: "It sure is a nice day outside, I should be home mowing the lawn before it starts raining."

NF1: "It sure is a nice day outside. 50 years from now, will those trees still be there to feed the descendants of these squirrels?"

NT1: "It sure is a nice day outside. Yes, this looks like a fine training ground for my army of animals that I will use to enslave the planet. Those squirrels will be my scouts."
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Jeff, you rock.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

What type says, "I'm gonna kill myself if people don't stop talking about the weather. The weather is transient and doesn't matter."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    What type says, "I'm gonna kill myself if people don't stop talking about the weather. The weather is transient and doesn't matter."
    my answer to that would be "ur transient too, so it doesn't matter if you kill yourself."
    served with a smile!

where you talking about an infp?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    INFP

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    ROFL.... best. post. evar.

Eck is the man.
    nice to see someone finally got the joke

... In theory.

MBTI
    INFJ

In my experience, S-types tend to make intelligent statements that cause me to think things like, "Hm. I guess that's true. Cool that he remembers that. But so what?" While N-types tend to make intelligent statements that cause me to think, "Oh my gosh! Of course! That's absolutely true because of XYZ. And now PQR makes sense as well!" And I get all excited and stumble over my words because my brain is whirling.

S-types tend to respond to my comments with expressions of patience and goodwill toward a harmless eccentric, or vague replies like, "Hm. I guess that's true. Cool that you thought that. But so what?"

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    ... Ok so if somebody has a more developped right brain it's an optical illusion?
    And if somebody is lobotomized and when he sees something with one eye he'll be able to name it, not with the other eye. (simple example)

what ur saying makes no sense at all.

there are more left handed people among the 'high iq' population for example.
    The right vs left brain theory merely indicates we have a tendency to use one hemisphere for somethings (like language, logics for left and spatial perception, holistic thinking for right). It does not mean we only use one hemisphere for something. Also the wiring for each person is highly variable. The hemisphere of the brain corresponds to the "correct" activity only in "majority" that is like 60-70% of the ppl. It's true that for certain tasks, like talking... some areas are more important than others and can be affected by brain lesions. (e.g. Broca's aphasia). But those tend to be very specific disorders. When you talk about something like intelligence which is a combination of many processes, your whole brain is involved. Not just the right hemisphere. This is my main objection.

The idea that creativity originates from some pattern of activation I agree to... it's just people generalize too much when it comes to using buzz words like "right-brain thinking" when what they mean is lateral thinking.

I need to bring in the point that IQ tests are changing in that they're focusing more and more on fluid intelligence. As in testing for something that's completely abstract (what's next in the pattern of shapes etc) and bears no resemblance to practical use for real life. If that's your definition of intelligence, then fine by default Ns win.

That's not what intelligence means to me though. To me, how effective and efficient somebody is at solving a problem... and consistently being good over numerous scenarios is a better indicator. I've seen many a times SPs out performing NTs...
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Hey, I was thinking this.. and, I have a theory. I would like someone to confirm it, if possible.

The humor. The Ss seem to be more inclined to use humor that is based on something that happened. Some funny stuff they saw or a funny joke they remember. The Ns usually imagine stuff that would be funny if it happened.

Me, I cant tell a joke (in the stand-up style), it is impossible for me, because it never comes out funny. But I often find stuff that is funny if looked at from an absurd perspective.