First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Source(s) please.
    Oh god, just google it or trust me. The sources are real but don't ask me to do the boring 'ah here's my reference' thing.

Look for it yourself.

And as I said, it's only if you correlate IQ with intelligence, there's no concluant data here and I don't really care anyway.
    Gifted childs are by the way told to have a much more intuitive approach to logics, skipping alot of steps most other people do consciously.

a little leap here but it seems to me this characteristic could be identifiable as a big picture 'N' thing rather than a S thing. So this could be a bias.

Now the real question is, do intuitive thinking influence results on the logical and knowledge tests one can find on an iq test?

(ps: you people should stop being all so sided. It's like watching children choosing sides or something, I was just giving some information, not giving an opinion)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Sounds like a good approach.
    The mechanics. That's where it's at.

Teach it to me like I'm a five year old.
    I'm a sensor ... after all.
    Any "random" topic will do... Take your avatar. I noticed that you just recently changed it. Why? Why did you pick this particular one? What draw you to it?

Look at how detailed their explanations are. Do they focus more on what the picture is? Or do they focus more on the abstract qualities associated with the image.

Mine is a pine marten going after a chicken wing turned candy cane. It was to go with my april fool's name change to "bitewing". Do you see the abstraction? Bite (chicken) wing.

Answer of "I dunno, I thought it was cool" isn't enough to go on, but it usually comes from a P.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Oh god, just google it or trust me. The sources are real but don't ask me to do the boring 'ah here's my reference' thing.

Look for it yourself.

And as I said, it's only if you correlate IQ with intelligence, there's no concluant data here and I don't really care anyway.
    Gifted childs are by the way told to have a much more intuitive approach to logics, skipping alot of steps most other people do consciously.

a little leap here but it seems to me this characteristic could be identifiable as a big picture 'N' thing rather than a S thing. So this could be a bias.

Now the real question is, do intuitive thinking influence results on the logical and knowledge tests one can find on an iq test?

(ps: you people should stop being all so sided. It's like watching children choosing sides or something, I was just giving some information, not giving an opinion)
    Right brain/left brain dichotomy does not exists... The term catch on simply because people thought it sounds cool and society has been pushing so much for "out of the box" thinking... which ironically becomes yet another box.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Right brain/left brain dichotomy does not exists... The term catch on simply because people thought it sounds cool and society has been pushing so much for "out of the box" thinking... which ironically becomes yet another box.
    ... Ok so if somebody has a more developped right brain it's an optical illusion?
    And if somebody is lobotomized and when he sees something with one eye he'll be able to name it, not with the other eye. (simple example)

what ur saying makes no sense at all.

there are more left handed people among the 'high iq' population for example.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    I think that's still up for grabs... although I can agree with you that the old version of it isn't real, but there does seem to be some evidence of the processing preferences being somewhat segmented (that reminds of a really interesting video from ted.com). I'd generally reject the concept of IQ being related to "one particular side", as it is an interactive effect. It just depends on which type of processing style pulls the most weight during IQ-questions.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Oh but I don't trust you. I think you made it up. It's my word against yours now.

The only correlation I have seen is J/left P/right and that is speculative/tenuous at best. Right brain processing is frequently described as "intuitive", but that's not the same as an MBTI N.

Ns do better in academia as a rule, that's true. I don't know about IQ tests - I don't think they demonstrate anything other than that the person is good at taking IQ tests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

very vague idea now: what we call 'intuition' could be correlated with iq because of a difference in myelination.

for example the prefrontal lobe of 'gifted kids' goes through more myelination between 7 and 11 if i recall, speeding the transmission of information in local parts of the brain when the brain still has high elasticity. (contrary to the myelination older people go through when the brain structural elasticity is low).

So maybe, and i say maybe, depending on what structures are speeded up, the consciousness just doesn't pick on some processes anymore.
    The brain elasticity aims to build efficient structures based on the usual activation paterns in the brain for different activities.
    Conscious processes are useful but will tend to take a less important part of data processing if its speed vs result go bellow a certain level of efficiency.
    If there's less conscious control over thought processes, it could lead to a more 'random' and less detailed analysis of things on the conscious level.

therefore that person would when consciously answering an mbti test describe herself as more N than S.

It's incomplete I know, just a vague idea.

... In theory.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

The likelyhood of that having truth is so low that I'd be embarassed to suggest it before I did intense laboratory experimentation.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    The likelyhood of that having truth is so low that I'd be embarassed to suggest it before I did intense laboratory experimentation.
    I said it was a vague idea, i had little information to go on. but hey on the other hand u visibly hate everything in me including my taste in movies.

(And I think you suck very hard irl but that's off topic)

... In theory.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

very vague idea now: what we call 'intuition' could be correlated with iq because of a difference in myelination.

for example the prefrontal lobe of 'gifted kids' goes through more myelination between 7 and 11 if i recall, speeding the transmission of information in local parts of the brain when the brain still has high elasticity. (contrary to the myelination older people go through when the brain structural elasticity is low).

So maybe, and i say maybe, depending on what structures are speeded up, the consciousness just doesn't pick on some processes anymore.
    The brain elasticity aims to build efficient structures based on the usual activation paterns in the brain for different activities.
    Conscious processes are useful but will tend to take a less important part of data processing if it's speed vs result go bellow a certain level of efficiency.
    If there's less conscious control over thought processes, it could lead to a more 'random' and less detailed analysis of things on the conscious level.

therefore that person would when consciously answering an mbti test describe herself as more N than S.

It's incomplete I know, just a vague idea.
    You are equating "intuitive" with sub or pre-conscious thought i.e. traditional understanding of right hemisphere processing.

MBTI N vs. S doesn't test for that. It more about possibilities vs actualities.

Interesting (wacky!) theory tho'.

EDIT

Don't mind Jack. He hates everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.