User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Turn me around twice and I'm lost in my own back yard. I have zero sense of direction. Thank God for Mapquest, with verbal instructions, too, 'cause I can't read a map.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Definitely a Sensing ability...and I wouldn't be surprised if SPs are the winners.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

I use google maps whenever I go somewhere new. I memorize the directions or write them down. I never have any problems. Street view works even better for me. Google Maps and a good pair of glasses work well when you're lost

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Sometimes, I like to just go out, with no directions, and find my way, eventually..it's a great experience.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Sometimes, I like to just go out, with no directions, and find my way, eventually..it's a great experience.
    I love doing this! It's a lot of fun and you never know what you can find along the way!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I dunno. I use my intuition a lot when it comes to finding my way around unfamiliar places, and it always serves me well. Otherwise, I take whatever directions are available...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    ^Yay you proved my point. I'm the same type as you (and even the same enneagram type and wing and stacking) and I have a horrible sense of direction. Most often I have no idea where I'm going unless I've taken the route multiple times.
    I have a theory (of course I do; I'm an INFJ) that some humans may be able to sense the Earth's magnetic field and use it to aid navigation, in a similar manner to the way birds do. Whatever, this seems to be a randomly distributed talent that has little to do with type (though I do know an INTJ female who has an even better direction sense than I do).
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I would suggest that NP types have the most trouble distinguishing left from right. When my ENTP partner gets this wrong (every time!) I've taken to telling him: "No! the other left"!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    I would suggest that NP types have the most trouble distinguishing left from right. When my ENTP partner gets this wrong (every time!) I've taken to telling him: "No! the other left"!

Hah, I do this quite frequently..I also get mixed up when a person is facing me, and is trying to get me to distinguish my right from their right..which is surprisingly on the same side! Who knew!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    I have a theory (of course I do; I'm an INFJ) that some humans may be able to sense the Earth's magnetic field and use it to aid navigation, in a similar manner to the way birds do. Whatever, this seems to be a randomly distributed talent that has little to do with type (though I do know an INTJ female who has an even better direction sense than I do).
    I have a lot of iron in my blood, so in certain states of being, I'll swing North.