User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm awesome as long as we're talking navigation, or north/south/east/west

... however, I still get confused as to which direction is left or right
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Mine isn't so good either. But like the other SJs said, I can remember streets pretty much forever. Street names and N/S/E/W confuse me to no end unless I have landmarks and images in my head to go by.
    If I pulled out onto the nearest road, I have no idea which way is north. Is that bad?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Mine isn't so good either. But like the other SJs said, I can remember streets pretty much forever. Street names and N/S/E/W confuse me to no end unless I have landmarks and images in my head to go by.

Ugh I hate that like SE Maple Lane...I don't have that where I live so when I travel to some where it takes me a little while to get used to.

oh snap this was my 100th post!

MBTI
    ENFP

I have awesome bearings! I'm good with N/S/E/W, but also really good at remembering where things are oriented. When I was in Munich, I led my friends across the city to our destination after being there for about a day
    What's up universe?

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by aufs klo View Post
    I have awesome bearings! I'm good with N/S/E/W, but also really good at remembering where things are oriented. When I was in Munich, I led my friends across the city to our destination after being there for about a day
    Hidden message - the quest to cross the city started at the beginning of the day.

MBTI
    ENFP

hahahahahaha
    What's up universe?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Don't ask me what any street names are, I've lived in the same city my whole life and that still confuses me but I don't get lost and come in pretty handy when directing using a map in unfamiliar places.

Quote Originally Posted by penelope View Post
    Surely not INFJs.
    Surely not. My INFJ sister is bad, just plain bad with directions, only problem is she won't tell me if she's lost she just starts sounding vague but states with humorous defiance that she knows where she is... that's the sign for me to stop and take control of the map

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Nah, if I'm truly an ISTJ, then no it's not true. My sense of direction is horrible.
    My ISTJ friend is hopeless too, she calls her partner to plan travel routes days ahead of time in true ISTJ style, if she doesn't have someone else to tell her how to get places she just doesn't go.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    i'm a human gps.
    Unsurprising, that. The SPs I'm aware of are so good at remembering physical details they can find their way to anywhere a second time.

Now I have a good direction sense, as in I can tell if we've started to go from west to north, but I'm really bad at noticing and remembering the environment, and can still screw up if I've driven somewhere five times.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

ENTJ. Not to be vain, but my sense of direction has been source of marvel for most people I know, and the same is true for the ENTJ guys I know. After 3 months of dating I knew my girlfriend's town and nearby zones/roads better than her (and she's lived there for 23 years). If I am in the woods and/or in the mountains, I can explore alternative routes without getting lost - without having a map. ESTPs come close second, however they are often slightly more unsure when they don't know the place at all.

ISTJ, that has been named by many, is good at knowing very much in detail a place that has been visited many times, but rather hopeless with general direction sense. I remember telling my father which road to take when I was 4; of course he wouldn't listen since I was too little, however I always turned out to be right.

(I have a little problem, though. I've never been able to remember easily which way is left, and which is right: it always sounded like such an arbitrary way to define direction)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    (I have a little problem, though. I've never been able to remember easily which way is left, and which is right: it always sounded like such an arbitrary way to define direction)
    Me too, I still do. And others on the board have said something similar.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.