• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Left, Right or Middle brained?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hey, I was wondering you guys preference in that matter.
I did some tests a few months ago when i was in my psychology and human behavior period.

After a few tests I kept scoring 'middle brained' with something like a perfect tie.

What about you ?

I'll google some test wait up!
Right Brain v Left Brain | Herald Sun
the dancer or something.
here my result is 'right brained'. I couldn't even see the damn anticlockwise move.
LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

Ow, now i score right brained. Well, that's life.

Left Brain Dominance: 2
Right Brain Dominance: 7

Right Brain/ Left Brain Quiz

If somebody finds some better tests, feel free to share.

Quiz: Are You More Left or Right Brain Oriented? | Get More Quizzes at Quizilla

here I get left brained...
what the hell?

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I used to score right brained a lot when I was a kid. As I got older I tested as middle brained and progressively towards the left. I'll take the test and see what I get.

redacted

I'm sure I'm right brained, although I'm quite good at math, logic, and pattern perception.

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
Most tests tell me I'm right brained, simply because I'm a visual thinker, am very creative, and heavily rely on intuition. BUT I am also logical, good with hard facts, excellent at order/pattern perception, and a good writer. I find myself split down the middle if I consider it heavily enough. I even love science and am tolerant to math!

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I think I do everything with my right brain.

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I did some tests a few months ago when i was in my psychology and human behavior period.

After a few tests I kept scoring 'middle brained' with something like a perfect tie.

What about you ?

I'll google some test wait up!
Right Brain v Left Brain | Herald Sun
the dancer or something.
here my result is 'right brained'. I couldn't even see the damn anticlockwise move.
LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

Ow, now i score right brained. Well, that's life.

Left Brain Dominance: 2
Right Brain Dominance: 7

Right Brain/ Left Brain Quiz

If somebody finds some better tests, feel free to share.

Quiz: Are You More Left or Right Brain Oriented? | Get More Quizzes at Quizilla

here I get left brained...
what the hell?

I can make her change positions so I don't know what that makes me...usually I test Left Brained :)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Damn! How do I stop the naked chick changing directions *dizzy*

Left Brain Dominance: (9)
Right Brain Dominance: (8)

You are a mix of left and right brain oriented. You're probably equally skilled at geometry and algebra, and look at the whole picture but notice a few specifics. You have a variety of interests, and are generally good at everything you try. Good for you. I'm sorry but if you get this result, it's hard to be accurate with your characteristics because it's somewhat vague.

Apparently not *shrug*

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
the right brain left brain stuff is way too vague. most of it is just a generalization

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Both hemispheres of my brain are about equal but they have a tendency to hate each other. I don't know what to do with that...

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Kay so on the dancer test I get both, because I see her spin in both directions

Then on the 2nd test I get
Left Brain Dominance: (12)
Right Brain Dominance: (14)

And on the 3rd I get
You're left brain oriented! Some characteristics that might describe you are: logical, sequential, rational, analytical, objective, and you look at parts and pay attention to detail rather than the thing as a whole. Memorizing numbers and the specifics is not so difficult for you. When remembering someone, you think of their name and traits, rather than their physical appearance. You work better with routine and learn best with oral or verbal lessons. You prefer the male family members over the female (may not pertain to all). You don't like to feel smothered and often blame yourself for others discomforts. Tip: relax, learn to trust others and don't dwell on mishaps or successes of the past. Please rate if you liked it!

Too bad there are no % on the 3rd test.
Now, let me add that on another test I got right dominance. I guess that it depends a bit. I would say that sometimes I am more lefty and sometimes more righty. That's just me. I get such results all the time on tests. I either have more than one result or the results just have such a little difference that it can be everything. *shrug*

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
I could see the dancer going both ways. I entertained myself by switching it at will.

Left Brain Dominance: 8(8)
Right Brain Dominance: 9(9)

Then on the third I got a mix.

I guess I'm just exceedingly well-balanced. ;)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got left 7 right 9

and on the dancer one, definately right brained. I can't see the dancer going counter clockwise by any stretch of the imagination.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Left Brain Dominance: 7
Right Brain Dominance: 6

But the dancer is definitely, definitely going clockwise today.

Wait, if I got lower numbers than everyone else, does that mean that I use less of my brain than most people? I see a lot of eights and nines...

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Left Brain Dominance: (11)
Right Brain Dominance: (7)

You're right brain oriented! Some characteristics that might describe you are: random, intuitive, holistic, synthesizing
subjective, and you look at the whole picture rather than the details. You are generally more creative and artistic than the typical left brainer and prefer music over logic. You are more spontaneous, and you look at similarities rather than differences. You prefer the female family members over the male and are more future oriented. You don't like feeling incapable or being incorrect, and often avoid responsibility. One of your worst fears would be to be left completely alone in the world. Some things you might need to work on: take responsibility (it may prove beneficial), finish projects/jobs, and make/meet goals.

Interesting...

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I got slightly left brained here, but I don't know, I seem to always get a different answer on these tests on the basis of my mood.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
the right brain left brain stuff is way too vague. most of it is just a generalization

*nods* The categorization of left brain being logical, systematic, and dealing with language vs right brain being holistic, emotional, dealing with spatial perception isn't that well cut out. It's just on average, people tend to use their left brain more than their right and vice versa.

Which means both hemispheres of the brain are used for all processes. :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
*nods* The categorization of left brain being logical, systematic, and dealing with language vs right brain being holistic, emotional, dealing with spatial perception isn't that well cut out. It's just on average, people tend to use their left brain more than their right and vice versa.

Which means both hemispheres of the brain are used for all processes. :)

Yes. In my opinion, the "Left brain" lumps together SJ traits, and the "Right brain" lumps together NP traits. The system doesn't work very well for SPs and NJs.

Wholly arrogant, that is.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've taken tests, and in most end up being Balanced. But I do think my left has an ever-so-slight edge, and as a kid I think I learned and approached things in a more left-dominant way. Still pretty balanced though.

I contend that this is why I've always had so much damn trouble with careers, and identity, and that sort of thing -- because I can always see both perspectives, have talents that lie in both, and I also think it is a reason for much of my indecisiveness - torn between two worlds, so to speak. I was one of those kids who was very artistic - visual and music - but also excelled at math and science.

(but it looks like most people tend to be rather balanced anyway, at least when it comes to these 'tests')

These particular tests -- with the dancer, I was hopelessly right-brained. With the second test, Left Brain Dominance:8(8)
Right Brain Dominance: 9(9).

The 3rd quiz - haha -- You are a mix of left and right brain oriented. You're probably equally skilled at geometry and algebra, and look at the whole picture but notice a few specifics. You have a variety of interests, and are generally good at everything you try. Good for you. I'm sorry but if you get this result, it's hard to be accurate with your characteristics because it's somewhat vague.

Voxx

Apparently, the brain works laterally. That means that if you are right-handed you will be left-brained and if you are left-handed you will be right-brained. Likewise, if you are ambidextrous you will have a centralized brain.

Of course, there are contradictions to this theory.