First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I think some N types are just as closed-minded as S types, and some S types are totally chill and accepting (and smart, and fun to be around).
    Very true. At times I get sick of my intellectually arrogant NT friends. My IS friends are much more fun and accepting, as a whole.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I've always classified people into "intuitive" and "not intuitive," basically based on who would discuss and think about my [well-researched] theories about people and the world. Some of those who wouldn't I've since found out are classified as "intuitive" in MBTI, but I still think "not that intuitive." MBTI's baseline for intuition is way too low
    Or they're just interested in different ideas than you are. You can't use yourself as a baseline for a trait like that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Or they're just interested in different ideas than you are. You can't use yourself as a baseline for a trait like that.
    It's just an automatic thing that I've always done. And they're my own personal thoughts, only for me, so I can use whatever baseline I wish.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    It's just an automatic thing that I've always done. And they're my own personal thoughts, only for me, so I can use whatever baseline I wish.
    True, you can use whatever baseline you wish, but it's not necessarily going to correlate well with other people's definitions, which becomes a problem in discussion.

I wasn't trying to attack you; sorry if it came off that way. I just think if you are discussing theories, you need to make sure to use the terms in the same way everyone else uses them OR explicitly redefine them, otherwise people are going to misunderstand you and argue with you even when you aren't wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Tayshaun View Post
    Wouldn't most on the forum, all N and I types, write "as an xNxx or Ixxx I have a love for psychology and understanding people".

I was wondering in the OP if it all stemmed from of a feeling of not being understood?

Yeh, being not understood was a factor. I didn't really realise the extent of it till recently though. I'm normally understood quite well on most levels, but some type's inability to see me on a core level became more clear recently. Which is probably why intuitive thinking often got shut down by S types, and seen as random hence pointless information. (which as you said earlier can be the source of some bitterness among Ns). Introverted feeling has always got a hard ride too. You wouldn't believe how hard it is sometimes to smile and be nice about a comment like "so you do have feelings". The whole F style thinking gets a hard ride from Ts also. Though it can be shown to often be as accurate and maybe more efficient when it comes to answers.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Introverted feeling has always got a hard ride too. You wouldn't believe how hard it is sometimes to smile and be nice about a comment like "so you do have feelings". The whole F style thinking gets a hard ride from Ts also. Though it can be shown to often be as accurate and maybe more efficient when it comes to answers.
    Yeah, I often consider the xNFPs among my friends, those with a strong balanced Fi, to be the wisest and most nuanced - when they are not being excessively goofy - in conversation.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I just think if you are discussing theories, you need to make sure to use the terms in the same way everyone else uses them OR explicitly redefine them, otherwise people are going to misunderstand you and argue with you even when you aren't wrong...
    If they were really intuitive, they wouldn't need it redefined, they would just know

But seriously, I'm always wiling to explain more or differently if they are willing to keep an open mind.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I think there may be some closet Sensors on this site anyway,

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    I think some N types are just as closed-minded as S types, and some S types are totally chill and accepting (and smart, and fun to be around).
    I agree with that. My INTJ friend is the most narrow-minded person I know. He has no tolerance for any opinions/beliefs that are not his own.
    He's an N over an S since he also is very creative, intellectual, and not practical. However, his J side really shows.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I think there may be some closet Sensors on this site anyway,
    "May be some" is a giant understatement.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

"May be some" is a giant understatement.

the entp description I first read felt like somebody very observant had been stalking me with a passion.
    I was into a body language, neurolinguistical prog, psychological studies period then.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE