Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by sonata View Post
    Me: X happens all the time!
    Other person: Really? Name one time.
    Me: Uhhh... *epic fail*
    This reminds me of some conversations with a co-worker of mine. One example recently was when she said that I have occasional "fits of selfishness." When I asked her for examples, she couldn't come up with a single one.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

Quote Originally Posted by sonata View Post
    Not very cheesy, and does make sense. I get something like that too. A 'feeling' about a certain situation, not a specific emotional response, but something annoyingly difficult to put into words. Sounds like a Ni thing.

Yeah, I think that's about the best description of "it" and it's complexity that I've heard.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I actually have the opposite problem. I remember most details of every conversation I've had. Sometimes it's daunting, because I always see when a person contradicts himself, or when he decides something that can conflict with another decision he's said he wanted to take. I say that it's daunting because, very often, these contradictions and conflicting decisions are about very minor happenings (say, I prefer tomatoes over carrots, etc).

I also remember in detail faces of people I've only seen once, and what they were wearing too. Again, it can be a bit scary: if I get to know somebody that I have already seen before somewhere else, I may ask him "so on the 5th of november, at 12:15 you were at place X wearing Y and Z?".

Yup, yup and uber-yup. Not sure about the relation to MBTI type, but I'm EN with 65/35 F/T and 60/40 P/J. I usually get called up by friends who need to remember things, misplaced objects or contact information (names, phone numbers etc) if I was with them at the same event. I use it for networking and team leadership (the development of leaders from within the team "followers") because it assists in the objective and subjective comprehension of their capabilities and possibilities.

Other than the "useful" memory, I also tend to remember the most inane comments and ideas. it also makes forgetting unpleasant memories more difficult.

Cool thread!

MBTI
    INFP

Yea I don't remember years of my life. Well I remember some events happening, but I'd have almost absolutely no idea what year they happened or exactly any details. It's kinda a terrible feeling, and I don't trust my long long term memory very much. I tend to keep impressions of things--how I felt about it at the time, but not a lot of details. When people talk about past events we've shared, I sometimes tend to need a lot of prodding to remember exactly what they're talking about.

I was definitely thinking of starting a thread on this recently.

I have a very, very clear memory. Picture-memory, or however it's termed. But that may be influenced by my extreme fear as a child to get amnesia, so I would turn anything I could write on into a journal, from my desk, to chairs, to clothes... everything. I would write what I knew. I've kept written journals since I was 9 years old and everything is very detailed. So, perhaps that's also why.

The only things I don't remember vividly were the years between 7 and 9 years old, because there were some really severe family problems going on and I've learned that I blocked those memories out, except for a few.

MBTI
    INTP

I have surprisingly good associative memory, I have a knack for recalling concepts, ideas, arguments and contradictions. It's very dependent sometimes on having a reference point to assist me. I'm especially good at sort of running parallel with some of the more historical, informative, and documentary style channels on TV. My friends are somewhat annoyed and amazed by my inability at times to shut up and not explain in vivid, descriptive, and informative detail about all the ideas that are being presented.

I think once I've sufficiently outlined the scope of a particular topic and can assess where the integral parts are I can really get comfortable. I almost have an internal scale of how to fluctuate, scratch that, stop in terms of how informative I get. I always like to introduce complexity and by effect more detail into everything so I can understand it more thoroughly, both in the moment and for future purposes. I have exceptionally good recall of some of my more philosophical ruminations. A fact that I have to sometimes be reminded of, specifically that others might not know where the hell it originated from.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Senor Membrane Array
    MBTI
    INFP

Sometimes I think I have no memory at all.

I have this four digit bank account number and I still don't remember the actual numbers, I have memorized the pattern my finger moves on the keypad. But, on the other hand, I remember patterns really well. If I have heard how some things work logically, or if I have figured it out myself, this never goes away. It is usually just there waiting. I am also good at remembering words, like foreign language words, but poor remembering grammar. The only way for me to learn grammar is to remember the sentences, not the rules. I can't really say I remember people's faces, either. I couldn't bring many faces into my mind right now. I'm bad with names too, very bad, actually. But, I do remember facial expressions of certain people in certain moments very accurately, but I think this means that I remember my interpretation of how they felt. Because, if I don't remember their face, how could I remember the expression?

My childhood is just a big blur with a couple of highlighted moments. I once did a timeline of my life and it looked like it went through a shredder and half of the stuff was missing, the other half in wrong places. I don't really see this as a tragedy. Ok, so I don't remember my first day in school. It wasn't probably that interesting anyways. The irony is that I most likely remember all of the stuff they ever taught me better than the things that actually happened to me.

Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    INFp None

I think most iNtuitive dominants tend to generally suck at remembering stuff like roads they've gone through or where they put personal belongings, that seems to me like stuff that has to do with Sensation.

Intuition is abstract by nature, so it's pretty much at odds with the quotidian.

Something as simple as picking out approppiate clothes for going out can at times be an issue for me because I can ignore the details regarding it until someone else points them out.

Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Gamine View Post
    I usually get called up by friends who need to remember things, misplaced objects or contact information (names, phone numbers etc) if I was with them at the same event.
    Have you considered that maybe you're not really an ENTP? My understanding is that iNtuitive Doms generally tend to be "absent-minded professor" types, so if you tend to be skilled at remembering where physical stuff is, you might at least have a Tertiary Sensing function.

ƲιƖƖαgє Ƥяєттувσу Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

My memory sucks.
    "P-please don't stare at me like that. I get so...terribly shy."

previously known as 21lux
    ¤ school idol tomodachi ¤
    ¤ myanimelist ¤