User Tag List

First 12345 Last

garbage

I can sum up things such as conversations that I've had, but I can't often provide specific examples that led me to my conclusions about them. It can be very, very annoying.

MBTI
    iNtJ

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    what I do remember is fuzzy and vague...mostly impressions of what I felt at the time.
    Yes, that's pretty much what I remember too. Add that to a tendency not to trust my feelings at all...

So yes, I consider it a problem.

I can sum up things such as conversations that I've had, but I can't often provide specific examples that led me to my conclusions about them. It can be very, very annoying.
    Yes.
    Me: X happens all the time!
    Other person: Really? Name one time.
    Me: Uhhh... *epic fail*

I can sometimes come up with random numbers, like people's license plates, seemingly out of nowhere. But this doesn't happen reliably. Usually I have to try to remember a number to do so. I have to look up my mailbox combination pretty much every time I try to open it.

I have a good memory for appointments/due dates, or at least that there IS one of these things coming up and I should check it. There is no way I could know that people were wearing Y and Z at X, unless Y and Z were really, really atrocious.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I kind of remember all things I find useful or interesting. There are people that I will never, ever remember. There are conversations about mundane things that I will not be able to recall later... If I am interested in someone in any sense, however, I will remember everything about them. I have found that I have some kind of built-in value system for everything.

For example, I remember what Bambi ate in the evening like three weeks ago and I remember what we were talking about. That's just because she's got 100% of my attention most of the time.

I think memory, at least for me, is just about focusing really hard on what I am doing.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

ThatGirl

Im sorry, what thread is this again?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My memory is pretty vague, too. It does bother me, and can be quite frustrating, but I'm less concerned about it than I used to be.

My short-term memory is terrible unless I happen to be fascinated by a particular subject. Like a few other people have mentioned, I seem to have better access to emotionally-charged memories. When I try too hard to remember things I risk inventing a few facts.

I think that I am just too involved in the constant flow of thought to be fully aware of the present. If I don't typically experience clear and detailed events, then I probably shouldn't expect to remember them that way.

I thought my sister was the only one keeping tabs on my wardrobe.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by AfterHours View Post
    When I try too hard to remember things I risk inventing a few facts.
    Yeah, I suffer from this. Good way of explaining it.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I have an excellent memory. I attribute this to paying attention all the time.
    So yes, this would be related to my strong sensing function.

I can remember a lot of my life in vivid detail, to very early ages. I can remember people, names, conversations, places, events. Phone numbers and birth dates. I try not to creep people out by remembering exact words from a conversation three years ago or remembering everything about someone on the second meeting.

When I was a kid in middle school all my friends and I had different schedules and I managed to memorize everyones without trying. So they'd ask me where they were going.
    "you have gym, you have art, you have home ec."
    I remember crawling out of my crib and jumping onto the floor, what the crib looked like, what the room looked like.
    I just have a strangely sharp memory.

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

My memory isn't very good with the details, like color of clothes, as some have already said. I mostly remember what I was thinking or feeling about more than the actual events/conversations. Not to say I don't remember them at all, but just not as they were in and of themselves. Also, my view of the world, my own thoughts and philosophical ruminations seem to dictate a lot of my memory of exterior events.

I am aware that what I said may sound cheesy and may not even make sense.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    When I was a kid in middle school all my friends and I had different schedules and I managed to memorize everyones without trying. So they'd ask me where they were going.
    "you have gym, you have art, you have home ec."
    At some point my little sister (ESFP) took it upon herself to manage my life. She knew before I did where I was supposed to be and when.

MBTI
    iNtJ

Quote Originally Posted by Travo7 View Post
    Also, my view of the world, my own thoughts and philosophical ruminations seem to dictate a lot of my memory of exterior events.

I am aware that what I said may sound cheesy and may not even make sense.
    Not very cheesy, and does make sense. I get something like that too. A 'feeling' about a certain situation, not a specific emotional response, but something annoyingly difficult to put into words. Sounds like a Ni thing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: